**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Day 1 map 5 aq GG mini stronger than normal?

Comments

• The attack for GG on day 2 with the same AQ prestige as before the update was maybe 2200-ish, now it's close to 7k.... Uhmmmm.... Quite a leap Kabam...
  • Imagine him on day 5 with 11k attack rating...Shudder....Good move Kabam...Good Move.....Now we have to use items for Aq & Aw....Nice
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    @cAncAmO per @DNA3000 he now has 400% more attack than last season. It’s working as intended. You can consider their $30 potion bundle their official “constructive” response.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    forget this thread let it die, its just full of the same couple of kabam apologists posting reply after reply derailing and trolling people that are posting their opinion.
  • @cAncAmO per @DNA3000 he now has 400% more attack than last season. It’s working as intended. You can consider their $30 potion bundle their official “constructive” response.

I typoed the attack boost in that post: it should be +200% champion boost and +200% health boost for a total of +200% attack and +400% health. This is verifiable in the current maps.
  • Charnutz wrote: »
    I would really love an answer. Day 2 mini having 7k attack and 184k hp is a little much imo

If you mean an answer to the question of whether this is intentional, it is intentional. Whether it is properly balanced is a separate question. But in fact the players running Map 3 have actually been dealing with this exact boost on their minibosses for a while now (+200%/+200%). They were adjusted downward to +125% champion (attack/health) and +200% health in season five, but they were fighting minibosses at strengths comparable to the current Map 5 minibosses for a month or two prior to the end of season four.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    @DNA3000 how dare you typo. Anything less than the best is a felony. But whatever the actual # is, it’s too high IMO. I’d rather it be 125% and have an additional node to counter or work around with skill. Huge attack boosts are more about attrition than skill. It’d just be nice to have a change be appropriately balanced from the start, instead of going too far and having to adjust after the community flips out.
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    He’s definitely much stronger then before. Wanted to post a video of fighting him today (day 3) but apparently we can’t post videos from albums on here.
  • sc0zhy46jmnw.jpeg

My group played map 5 all last season and before it. We never hit the “cap” that kabam said other groups were hitting so fast, and it’s word for word saying in the announcement that those groups who didn’t hit the cap wouldn’t see a difference. We have guys dying on the first mini boss, not getting hit once, just from block damage from his beams. His attack is over 7k right now. This is neither scaled or “no difference” like we were told. We have people who never died on map 5 last season, seasoned players for over 3 years, who are dying and it’s DAY THREE. This isn’t even day 5 yet. I sincerely hope that the powers that be take a look at these boosts they have done this time and overall at how all the groups are dealing with this map now. I feel the difficulty level is much higher than it was all last season already and were only 3 days into this.
  • vg46wru89kvd.png

This is a rank 4 Hyperion taking no hits on day three of map 5. I used heavy and then special 2 almost the whole fight. I took only block damage from the beams on Green Goblin and when the fight timed out I was under 50% health and took no hits. In what world is 170 hits on the first mini boss, on day 3 of map 5 “no difference” from last season? Or for that matter, scaled in any way at all? Our group finishes overall in the 1100-1200 range for the AQ week and our prestige right now for this map is 7662. We never hit the cap last season, and no new members have joined our group. Would love an explanation from a moderator.
  • My group played map 5 all last season and before it. We never hit the “cap” that kabam said other groups were hitting so fast, and it’s word for word saying in the announcement that those groups who didn’t hit the cap wouldn’t see a difference. We have guys dying on the first mini boss, not getting hit once, just from block damage from his beams. His attack is over 7k right now. This is neither scaled or “no difference” like we were told.

Kabam did not state that there would be "no difference" in difficulty in season five. The announcement says that specifically with regard to prestige scaling those that were not hitting the prestige cap would not see a difference due to this specific change. But there are other areas where they said players would specifically see a difference. For one thing, players playing maps one through four should see slightly lower increases in difficulty throughout the AQ week because prestige rank up is now lower for those maps. And they specifically said in the FAQ that miniboss boosts would be adjusted in season five. What you're seeing is due to miniboss boost changes in season five, which were explicitly mentioned.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    My group played map 5 all last season and before it. We never hit the “cap” that kabam said other groups were hitting so fast, and it’s word for word saying in the announcement that those groups who didn’t hit the cap wouldn’t see a difference. We have guys dying on the first mini boss, not getting hit once, just from block damage from his beams. His attack is over 7k right now. This is neither scaled or “no difference” like we were told.

Kabam did not state that there would be "no difference" in difficulty in season five. The announcement says that specifically with regard to prestige scaling those that were not hitting the prestige cap would not see a difference due to this specific change. But there are other areas where they said players would specifically see a difference. For one thing, players playing maps one through four should see slightly lower increases in difficulty throughout the AQ week because prestige rank up is now lower for those maps. And they specifically said in the FAQ that miniboss boosts would be adjusted in season five. What you're seeing is due to miniboss boost changes in season five, which were explicitly mentioned.

We are seeing a difference in prestige scaling as in its off and way more difficult out the gate than last season, not just on the mini bosses. We aren’t the only ones saying this either.

And while your point about them mentioning the changes nodes on the mini bosses is correct, I feel it was vague and this is in my opinion a BIG increase compared to last season. It’s not unreasonable to ask them to take a look at the difference now that they “fixed” the attack boost, and what I posted above is the first mini boss on Day 3. Please don’t downplay that there’s a huge difference between 2k attack and 7k in the middle of the week, and needing over 200 hits to take down a green goblin with a rank 4 five star champions after timing out once. You may think the difficulty change is justified because they mentioned it in the announcement, but in reality and after seeing it now for three days, I think they went too far.
  • For the record, I did say “or scaled in any way” which is referring to the increase in difficulty. I thought the changes they made to the map itself with the rotating champions, new Kingpin boss, and new champs was enough in itself compared to what our potential rewards would be compared to last season. But having these crazy boosts and what we’re dealing with after running this thing (at the same cost now, mind you) compared to last season is just really not balanced anymore. I truly hope kabam reads the feedback on this forum and takes a look at it. There’s no reason people who have been fine in AQ for years should be KOing on day three just from block damage.
    My group played map 5 all last season and before it. We never hit the “cap” that kabam said other groups were hitting so fast, and it’s word for word saying in the announcement that those groups who didn’t hit the cap wouldn’t see a difference. We have guys dying on the first mini boss, not getting hit once, just from block damage from his beams. His attack is over 7k right now. This is neither scaled or “no difference” like we were told.

We are seeing a difference in prestige scaling as in its off and way more difficult out the gate than last season, not just on the mini bosses. We aren’t the only ones saying this either.

And while your point about them mentioning the changes nodes on the mini bosses is correct, I feel it was vague and this is in my opinion a BIG increase compared to last season. It’s not unreasonable to ask them to take a look at the difference now that they “fixed” the attack boost, and what I posted above is the first mini boss on Day 3. Please don’t downplay that there’s a huge difference between 2k attack and 7k in the middle of the week, and needing over 200 hits to take down a green goblin with a rank 4 five star champions after timing out once. You may think the difficulty change is justified because they mentioned it in the announcement, but in reality and after seeing it now for three days, I think they went too far.

Perhaps they did: as I repeatedly stated, I'm not saying it is necessarily balanced, just that it is intentional. However, I suspect you will find it very difficult to get Kabam to acknowledge anything about the difficulty until they've observed more than a couple days of players adjusting to the new minibosses, because as I stated earlier players on Map 3 and Map 4 have been dealing with this *exact* set of boosts for a while now, and so Kabam is unlikely to consider adding boosts of the same value to Map 5 to be an inordinate hardship until they collect a lot more data first. I will point out they collected two weeks of Sentinel data before making any adjustments to AQ Sentinels, despite overwhelming evidence they were objectively far more difficult than they had claimed they were intended to be.

Honestly, I think the season four unstoppable colossus on map 3 was harder than the map 5 Green Goblin is now. In relative difficulty, compared to the lower average skill and roster of players more likely to be playing Map 3, I don't even know how some alliances were beating him at all.
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    Didn't have any problems with him on Day 1 of AQ. I just used my r5 4* Hyperion and whooped him in less than 50 hits if i remember correctly.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Perhaps they did: as I repeatedly stated, I'm not saying it is necessarily balanced, just that it is intentional. However, I suspect you will find it very difficult to get Kabam to acknowledge anything about the difficulty until they've observed more than a couple days of players adjusting to the new minibosses, because as I stated earlier players on Map 3 and Map 4 have been dealing with this *exact* set of boosts for a while now, and so Kabam is unlikely to consider adding boosts of the same value to Map 5 to be an inordinate hardship until they collect a lot more data first. I will point out they collected two weeks of Sentinel data before making any adjustments to AQ Sentinels, despite overwhelming evidence they were objectively far more difficult than they had claimed they were intended to be.

Honestly, I think the season four unstoppable colossus on map 3 was harder than the map 5 Green Goblin is now. In relative difficulty, compared to the lower average skill and roster of players more likely to be playing Map 3, I don't even know how some alliances were beating him at all.

I never doubted it wasn’t intentional, but thanks for clarifying their intention.

I was here for all of the Sentinel AQ changes and have played for over 3 years, so I’m well aware that they aren’t going to just immediately change this. And my group is completing the maps overall but more people are using items than before, just like when they first introduced the Sentinels. I will say, on that point, while they did wait two weeks to change that and got a lot of kudos for their swift response from some on here, they didn’t wait two full weeks to acknowledge there were issues, or that they were seeing issues happening. And there was also a discussion post much like this one where people were posting evidence and anecdotes of their experiences as the week went along.

As far as the map 3 and 4 issues, honestly I haven’t played them except for the weird weeks this year occasionally when there were issues in the game like the rollout of peak milestones, but map 3 is completely free, and map 4 is quite lower in cost than map 5. While your opinion may be that it is the same difficulty, those running map 5x5 and who were in expert tier all season and now in higher tiers for the peak milestones stand to lose out on a lot more to keep at the same level of reward if this is going to be the difficulty compared to reward output.

Maybe I’m heartless in saying this, but if people aren’t paying for map 3 (or not a ton for map 4 either) I’m not going to be upset about last season if they had a hard fight to get past...those of us who have to collect donations weekly from our players just to open this map and have played it over a year are still having to pay the same amount to open it and so far, the boosts are not balanced to what our prestige is and what was laid out for this season. I’m asking for balance for kabam to monitor this the same way they did the sentinel situation. You can have your opinion on if it’s comparable to lower maps last season, that’s fine, but I’m not exactly alone in this opinion here or other places and it’s pretty easy to tell quickly if you’re fighting the exact same mini boss with the exact same group and same champions that we did 5-8 days ago. The boost is too far.
  • Didn't have any problems with him on Day 1 of AQ. I just used my r5 4* Hyperion and whooped him in less than 50 hits if i remember correctly.

@Atticus9090 and how much did it take on day 3? What’s your groups prestige?

Didn't have any problems with him on Day 1 of AQ. I just used my r5 4* Hyperion and whooped him in less than 50 hits if i remember correctly.

Day 3? Well I haven't gotten the chance to fight GG yet on Day 3. My alliance mates keep taking the chance from me to fight him. In regards our Prestige, I cant recall that well, and servers are under maintenance right now, so I can't check either.

Ill get back to ya on that.
  • and i just did the second mini boss today. day 3. over 200k health and nearing 8k in attack. same prestige i mentioned yesterday. This isn't fun and it's most definitely not balanced or anything close to fair compared to last season. The rewards weren't buffed that much for where we will end when we complete 100% 5x5. I refuse to use items for AQ and I am gonna keep asking that Kabam monitor this difficulty increase until someone hears. It's too much.
  • SupermanojSupermanoj Posts: 87
    I'm feeling that too, I fought Howard the duck on path 4 in section 1. The block damage alone from him was insane. Day 3 attack rating was 5600. Not looking forward to day 5.

As for green goblin. It's a joke how much his attack rating has gone up since season 4.
  • StL_SuitsStL_Suits Posts: 68
    edited September 2018
    STOPCRYING wrote: »
    StL_Suits wrote: »
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    I had no issue with GG mini.

Mystery solved folks, @Voluntaris didn't have any issue with him, everyone can move along now.

He definitely seemed more like a Day 3 mini. I went in with a full health Blade against the section 1 GG (with GR/Stark) and ate one 4 hit combo that took me down to 2%. Was lucky enough to regen back to about 30% and finished the fight, but his attack definitely seemed higher than normal for Day 1.

-Suits

Wrong!

Thank you so much for this detailed, insightful response. Impressive you managed to be completely inaccurate with just 1 word.

-Suits
  • Things have changed drastically in AQ imo. I can always finish AQ without too many issues. I joined a smaller alliance so I could relax a couple months ago...can’t imagine what my old alliance is dealing with. Maybe a slip up on day 4 or 5 vs Abomb would see me lose a character. I’m getting annihilated this week. Parry isn’t triggering. Blocking takes huge chunks of health. Can’t bait SP’s. I used 11 of 15 items yesterday and will probably be on pace for surpassing by the end of day 4...day 5 is gonna blow. I’ve never used more than 4 or 5 items in AQ ever!

If this is how it was “supposed to be” then I’m heading into retirement!! Woof!!

Just checked our prestige @BuddyGuyFriend. It is 6945. Im not sure if that makes our GG miniboss easier than others?

I never really did find him hard to fight for as long as you have a huge damage dealing Cosmic.
  • @Atticus9090 if you checked your prestige when you posted it would be for Day 4...by comparison ours today is 8483 and I posted on here what the prestige was for the day I was talking about. So it’s definitely higher than yours.

My point for posting is that I too never had issues with green goblin and was usually the one taking him down even up till day 5. Hyperion or Medusa both had no issues, they took some block damage from his beams but nothing crazy. There is a large difference between a day 2 or 3 green goblin with 2k ish attack from last season, compared to the current 7+ attack with over 200k health on day 3. That’s crazy. My Hyperion, again who never had issues last season, is consistently getting KOed or timing out of the fight after taking no hits and with a combo around 173 or so. That’s with the heavy combos and special 2 damage. GG was ticking almost 800 health per second at the beginning of the fight when I went in again.

They added back in this hopped up node and I think it was extremely downplayed from the start from the announcement. This is not balanced to me, as I can see the difficulty somewhat increase all around the map with the new champs which is fine and has been manageable...but the mini bosses are nuts. That’s why I posted here with the evidence I did. Others are experiencing it too. And while our prestige in my group seems to be higher than yours, we never hit the prestige cap last season at all and have no new huge increase between this season and last.

I’m asking for them to take a look at this node boost and make it balanced with the rest of the map and in comparison to last season.
  • Starks_standin1Starks_standin1 Posts: 34
    edited September 2018
    I didn’t take a single hit but took severe block damage from him. He was def hitting harder than normal on map 5 all 3 times I faced him in the last 2 aq’s