**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Which monthly "side events" did Kabam do well in the past and should be regularized?

With the numerous issues arising from the month to month side events, I believe it's time for Kabam to take a hard look about the need to come up with something different each month.

The MODOK labs for me was probably one of the best monthly side events because the rewards were commensurate with the effort. There was also a similar event like MODOKs lab that I found well worth it.

So instead of trying to come up with something new that usually falls flat on its face, why not just run something that went pretty well? I don't get it.

Thoughts, insights?

The Dungeons seem to have failed (again) because now it's going to take such a long time to get 27K shards for a 5*. Sheesh.

Comments

• Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Every 4 months, the celebrity challenge would be great to have
  • yuvraj1916yuvraj1916 Posts: 13
    gwenpool goes to movies was so excited but need some hard level its good if the dificulty level increase...thank you
  • Gwenpool goes to the movies
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    I like the 6 fight boss runs
  • GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 265
    Gwenpool goes to the movies was the best of all.
    Challenges is by far the worst followed by Rifts
    modok was nice
    Dungeons are really nice, sad they are bugged like hell and I do not like to play it for that reason.
  • Hey gang, thanks for the feedback on these events! If there are any particular events you liked and would like to let us know why, feel free to let us know. The feedback is always helpful!
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    There is a fact that if they bring back us good event, they probably cut rewards in half. RIFT event disappointment
  • Rocket's scrapyard
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    I personally enjoyed gwenpool goes to movies and the black panther and thanos trials quests and would love for then to come back (tho i highly doubt kabam would bring back gwenpool movies quest lol)

Same here
  • Gwenpool was by far the best imo, but epic should have a slightly increased difficultly. Getting a 5 star is no longer such a big deal, with 6 stars out, etc. And even if we get a new champ it is still limited by catalyst, etc. Think Kabam doesnt realize instant gratification is a mechanism that people enjoy about this game. Grinding for hours on end for garbage like this xmen event is absurd. I play the game for fun but even spinning for a 4 star still has an exciting feeling even though I have most of them. Seems like they make 4 stars just as hard to obtain as 6 stars (not really but in general) when they should be very easy to get for people to grow. Even at master difficultly event quest completion you get a 3 star crystal, WOW thanks Kabam a 3 star champ, man I'm ready for uncollected now! Think you all need to look into what players are saying before you dont have them any longer. If the events stay like this xmen trash where the juice isnt worth the squeeze, I dont think anyone will be enjoying or playing them.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Gwenpool Goes To The Movies was the best in my time of playing (a few months now), more events should be like it
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Gwenpool was by far the best imo, but epic should have a slightly increased difficultly. Getting a 5 star is no longer such a big deal, with 6 stars out, etc. And even if we get a new champ it is still limited by catalyst, etc. Think Kabam doesnt realize instant gratification is a mechanism that people enjoy about this game. Grinding for hours on end for garbage like this xmen event is absurd. I play the game for fun but even spinning for a 4 star still has an exciting feeling even though I have most of them. Seems like they make 4 stars just as hard to obtain as 6 stars (not really but in general) when they should be very easy to get for people to grow. Even at master difficultly event quest completion you get a 3 star crystal, WOW thanks Kabam a 3 star champ, man I'm ready for uncollected now! Think you all need to look into what players are saying before you dont have them any longer. If the events stay like this xmen trash where the juice isnt worth the squeeze, I dont think anyone will be enjoying or playing them.

4*s are VERY easy to get if you're active enough, I'm moderately active and still spin 2-3 every single week.
  • Six_strings6Six_strings6 Posts: 223 ★★
    In terms of rewards gwenpool goes to the movies was the best but I prefer the celebrity challenges. They have a good level of difficulty for the rewards (although I would like another difficulty) the quest usually has a feature that is unique and can be countered easily. The ant man quest for example, large champs were the best way to beat it but it wasn’t impossible without them
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Rockets scrapyard.

The 2* arena for a 5* was pretty good too.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    gwenpool goes to the movies obviously haha, because of insanely good reward and low energy costs. The next best would be thanos trials as its again low energy, there was a sufficient challenge, and the rewards were reasonable for the effort.
  • SjanddsSjandds Posts: 117
    Rocket scrapyard. Bcoz it included mastery cores tht was by far the best deal i got from kabam
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    2 star arena for the five star was the best
  • gatra_hpgatra_hp Posts: 98
    gwenpool goes to the movies and 2* arena for 5* shards
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    GP goes to the movies was very tedious and boring, IMHO.

I personally enjoyed the 1st Modok Lab and Dungeons.
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    #1. Trials of the King/mad titan

This was the best one.

Doesn't over use our energy like danger rooms. And 3 decent difficulty fights with good rewards.

#2. MODOKs challenge. The is more difficult, has more fights and annoting nodes, but its free of energy. You can still run it and the monthly EQ at same time. The rewards were good also.

#3. Gwenpool goes to movies. This one was good, a bit long and in the end did cost a decent amount of energy, but only running 1 chapter per week made it perfect. Plus the rewards were awesome!

Bottom 3.
    Dungeons - breaks the game every time, almost impossible to play with a stranger. Sub par rewards that require endless grinding.
    Assissin assignments - too long, **** rewards, too much energy.
    Chaos/Micro Rifts - worst RNG rewards for all the work it took to get into the room, then you use 4 energy per and end up with some piece of **** reward that the game chooses for you.

My opinion...
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Also the above post is editing the word c.r.a.p.

I'm not actually using foul language...lol