**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Anyone duping 5s?

RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
I am about to reach my limit on t2as and i got zero plans to use em. I got 20 unduped 5s and i am not going to invest any items in them beyond level 2 and only if there is a squad of 4s they have a decent synergy with. With the slim chance of duping 5s i would like to suggest that kabam add a 5 star awakening gem as a reward in some near future event. It seems pointless to me to invest the amount of items required to rank a 5 only to finally dupe someone i didn't raise...

Comments

• Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    What champs are they?
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Basic 5* Crystal:

Mordo/Iron Man/Storm 2X/Jane Foster/Phoenix/Hawkeye/Hood/Nightcrawler/Luke Cage/Karnak/Ultron/Hulk/Dr. Voodoo

Featured 5* Crystal:

Moon Knight/YJ/Rogue/Crossbones/Guillotine/Loki 2X/Ghost Rider/BPCW
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    I duped my storm 2 times on my main, and a Drax on my alt.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    I have a duped Magik (twice), Loki, starlord, hulk and iceman ✊
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Dude I feel you. I have 3 r4s now with t2a full again and was forced to rank my first r4 by expiry which I did magik undupped. To echo what people say here though you don't need to dupe 5 star to rank them

Of my ranks I did Magik undupped, domino(got fed up of regular 5 star Crystal and got lucky here recently)undupped, and voodoo(awakened with mystic gem from act v exploration)

My duped 5 stars are Juggsx2,IMx2,HBx2 and of course IP.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    i got 18 and 3 dupes (morales, venom and mordo yesterday)

feeling lucky
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    rocket racoon ultron thor rags captain marvel duped

please Kabam gods dupe my blade void magik or x23
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Surely from 20 champs you must have at least one or 2 that are good without being duped.
    I duped Symbyote Spider-Man twice, and Hyperion once (total of 21 champs).
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    So a r4 5 star star lord unduped (aside from the rediculous amounts of additional points) is better than a 5 star special level 99 star lord?
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    There are 5* awakening gems already in place in act 5 and lol
    I have some good champs...DV, Mondo, Mordo, Drax , KG and Groot, CW, Sentry, Hawkeye, BP, IP, YJ, Daredevil, DO...but the amount of supplies makes me feel like i am better off raising a max or unlocked 4 star champ rather than using them on a locked 5.
    Yeah but you kinda need some unlocked 5z to get it.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    I duped Mephisto but that's it. Yondu, Hawkeye, Hype, and Gulk I love and they aren't duped. They're worth it unduped. A lot of champs are.
    Okay, limited resources and the choice between the same champ duped mulitple times and a locked 5 you would choose the locked five? (At least for some champs?) Cause everyone i have as a 5 i have as as an unlocked 4.
    Simple question guys? Isn't it? Level 5 4 star Star Lord with a level 99 special or a 5 star Star Lord locked with no special? Which deserves the limited supplies i have available?
    I have a 4 star CW level 4 with level 40 sig, and a locked 5 star CW...i feel like ranking the 4 will do more for me than the locked version. So???? Which gets the goods i have so painstakingly gathered?
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
    In this particular case, neither CW, and if you can keep your combo, the 4* Star Lord will carry you.

Of your list, Hawkeye may be a good candidate for r4. Power control, good bleed. But then again, I wouldn't be in a hurry to rank any of them if I were in your situation..
    We are in agreement dj. I have all but three of the god tier champs as 4 stars...unlocked...so there is little or no incentive to use goods on 5s. One thing i feel strongly they should do (and others have.brought this up in previous posts) reduce the number of shards for a 5 star crystal.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I have 3 t2a in my stash and I'm trying to decide whether to rank 4 GR, sentinel or Angela.
    None are duped.

I have SL, AA and MODOK at rank 4.
    I also have 3 T4 science cats, 2 t4 skill cats and 3 T4 mystic cats in overflow
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Looks like we're in the same boat. I have 15 5 stars and max t2 alphas. None of them are what I need right now
  • SIlverProfessorSIlverProfessor Posts: 489 ★★
    They really need to put in place another way to acquire a 5* gem without buying or doing rediculously difficult end game content. I don't want it handed out or given away, but earned without having to save up 2000+ units and or tons of revives/pots. Maybe the next celebrity challenge they could make a tick more difficult for an exploration reward or a 5* ag.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    48 5* and 16 dupes/awakened. Including multiple dupes on champs like rhino, ip, storm, Loki etc...
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    You don’t need a champ to be awakened just to rank them up.
    Especially when they’re good unduped and T2a is expiring.

I took hyperion to 5/65 unduped last week because of expiring T2a and that being my only useful rank up, I’ll get him awakened one day, could do it now if I used my generic gem, but no need to rush and does his job well enough as is
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    As others have indicated, there are some champs that are worth taking up to rank 4 unawakened. I took up Sparky, Gwenpool, Magik, and Nightcrawler to Rank 4 before they were awakened and I don't regret it. There are a decent amount of 5* worth R4 whether awakened or not, but ultimately the choice is yours.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    I have recently Morningstar, my 5* pulls have been almost have dupe half new.