**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why I'm Still "Collected"

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
Real talk here. Please stay constructive. I think there's some useful discussion here, and I'm open to feedback or similar experiences. My intention is not to vent or open up a negative discussion. Thanks.

So, let me start off by saying I'm close. I'm on 5.2.5. I wanted to outline some reasons I haven't pushed through yet.

1. Grinding - I'm a Grinder, mostly. I spend the majority of my time Grinding the Arena. Storymode has always been something that I do with free time. That entirely depends on what else is going on for me, and what else is going on in the game. Until Uncollected was introduced, there was never much motivation to get it done faster.
2. Ongoing Issues - Not a rant. Just a cause. Every month with EQ, there are newer and better Champs released, and I'm all for it. However, the lag becomes unbearable with Master for me. I'm on an Android 7.1.1 Tablet, and for some reason that lags more than my Android 8.0 phone. Problem is, my hands are too big for the phone to play properly. In any case, I spend literally hundreds upon thousands of Units completing Master 100% most months because the controls won't work. Evade won't kick in, Bosses move much faster than me, most times I start the Fight and get killed as soon as it starts. Which means I have to Revive, just to be killed again. This will go on until I do each pass. Some runs go better than others and I don't use anything. Others, it kills me over and over.
3. Priorities - Putting Grinding and EQ before Story is just my natural draw to playing. It's what I've chosen because I enjoy them more. However, all my energy and Resources go into that, and I'm left empty each month.
4. Resources - Grinding, I can pull in about 1k Units a week, average. Problem is, it all goes to EQ or extra content. Occasionally, I'll go all out on Crystals, but mostly it's dealing with the lag. When I say lag, I mean unable to use controls at all properly. Really bad.
5. Patience - Pretty much all my patience is tried because I've spent so long focusing on shorter Fights in the Arena, and dealing with issues.

So, I'm opening this discussion because my choices are becoming trying for me. I'm open to a healthy discussion on how others have allocated their time. I think this is the last month I put myself through the cycle. After this EQ, I will probably save my Resources and not touch Master until I finish 5.2. I think it's important to point out my mistakes incase it helps anyone else, and anyone can relate. It's definitely worth more to finish Uncollected. I get that. I've just been stuck in a cycle of doing the same thing over and over. The floor is open.
:)

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs wrote: »
    If your that close I'd suggest leaving EQ alone and finishing 5.2 and I'm sure everyone here would agree.

Yeah that's what I'm coming to. I just kind of clued in. When you're stuck in the same rut, it's hard to see what you're doing.
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    I am with you. With the monthly EQ, monthly extra EQs, daily EQs, the arenas I do participate in, AQ, & AW there is very little time for story mode. I have a family and career so my time is somewhat limited to start with and the main story quests become absurdly long and energy consuming (not just game energy, but actual energy too) at act 4. I just find a more enjoyable use of my time to play is spent with the other options.

I think the important thing to remember is that it is a game and the purpose is to have fun. So you aren't going crazy with the story mode for a title, if you are enjoying your time playing that is what matters. Sometimes it feels that people lose sight of this.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    If the phone works better I'd play it exclusively for awhile and see if you adjust to the smaller screen.
    TheVyrus wrote: »
    I am with you. With the monthly EQ, monthly extra EQs, daily EQs, the arenas I do participate in, AQ, & AW there is very little time for story mode. I have a family and career so my time is somewhat limited to start with and the main story quests become absurdly long and energy consuming (not just game energy, but actual energy too) at act 4. I just find a more enjoyable use of my time to play is spent with the other options.

I think the important thing to remember is that it is a game and the purpose is to have fun. So you aren't going crazy with the story mode for a title, if you are enjoying your time playing that is what matters. Sometimes it feels that people lose sight of this.

Oh I agree. I think I'm also feeling the pressure of being so close and not pushing through yet. Totally my part, though. The amount of Units I've made and spent on other things over the last 6 months, I could have done it 10 times over.
    edited September 2018
    If the phone works better I'd play it exclusively for awhile and see if you adjust to the smaller screen.

Yeah. It's not that bad. Just the stretch for the Special Toggle. Hard to adjust when you're in a Fight that needs perfect timing. Practice is the only way, but I've also been a bit gentle with it too. It's still new. Lol.
    I think there's something to be said for focusing on the Arena so long as well. Most Fights take very little time, so I haven't grown patience for longer Fights. I think it might be helpful to spend some time in ROL, developing patience.
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    If you're that close, personally, after you're finished with this EQ, I'd just focus on story. You only have 2 paths to run (5.2.5 and 5.26, correct?). The Collector will cost you some resources to get past, but it really won't be that bad, and it is more than worth it just for swapping out the regular daily crystal with the uncollected one. After than, you'll probably still have ample time to run through heroic and master and will recoup a lot of the resources from them.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Carames wrote: »
    If you're that close, personally, after you're finished with this EQ, I'd just focus on story. You only have 2 paths to run (5.2.5 and 5.26, correct?). The Collector will cost you some resources to get past, but it really won't be that bad, and it is more than worth it just for swapping out the regular daily crystal with the uncollected one. After than, you'll probably still have ample time to run through heroic and master and will recoup a lot of the resources from them.

The Uncollected Daily crystals are pretty sweet. I've pulled several god tier 4* from them. I pulled a Void just the other day in fact! 😊
  • Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    To each their own but it’ll benefit you every day if you just bite the bullet & get it over with. The collector is definitely a BS fight but with the proper champs he’s not too bad. I used a 4* hulk with a bunch of saved 20% revives & got him pretty easily.
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    That was my strategy as well, Vince. Hulk rocks
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Probably start this by saying I likely don’t pull in as many units, probably 500ish a week, but in general I’d say a decent grinding day usually consists of:
    -Grinding whatever event until out of energy (if all EQ and side quests are done, I tend to not use any energy, terrible idea I know)

- that didn’t take too long? Hop in arena and burn through my 5*s, if I happen to have more time, I’ll hop into the basic arena and run through my 5/50s too (no time or just rather do something else? Then I end up doing no arena)

- sometime in the afternoon I might burn through some more energy, or I’ll run through half hour of arena

- evenings/night, burn through energy then work through arena once more, arena is usually mind numbing enough that I leave it until I want to go to sleep, because it’s definitely gonna send me to sleep.

That’s how I used to go about my day, obviously not including my AQ and AW movements. When I was having to recruit/other leader stuff I often had to put aside 1-2 of these time slots for that instead.

That’s my time allocation, usually gets EQ done 1 difficulty per week, which was how I fit my act 5 in, by doing it all in the final week of the month when nothing else was left to do, probably the best way for you too though there’s no point fighting collector of lag is as bad you say it is.
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Like others have said don't spend on eq until you get those final 2 quests done. Try to stop spending on crystals too then you can get gmcs when you do have the desire to spend.
    Definitely worth trying to get used to the smaller screen if the lag is that bad on your tablet.
    Finally just have some practice runs against bane as getting it on you when the opponent has high health can be lethal. Practice just concentrating on the timer, don't always do the 5 hit combos if it's gonna screw up timing for a transfer and try to use specials to extend your combos to transfer
    Carames wrote: »
    That was my strategy as well, Vince. Hulk rocks

Yup. Throw in a couple chain stuns & you did some serious damage. Lol
    That's what I was thinking. Thanks for the suggestions and feedback guys.
    What's the point playing for three years if you're not going to play the main story mode? What, exactly, are you "grinding" arena for?

I just enjoy Grinding more. I do Story, just hasn't been a priority as much. Just something I've chipped away at slowly. I Grind just about every Arena I have time for.
  • I guess I'm a little confused because you laid out numerous things but also said you basically can't play the game because of your devices? Then what is it going to matter when you switch from doing master to doing story quest - isn't the result going to be the same, and you will just get stuck spending more units dying on the paths leading up to the collector? And then dying even more on him, who is designed to make you die over and over, without lag issues?

And how are you grinding so much if you have that bad of a lag on the one device you can play on? Or is it just you do arena on your phone then story/quest on the tablet?

Sorry, it's just a bit confusing. I have had apple products and since I got the Iphone 8 plus I've had mostly a breeze of a time (besides some overheating issues during all of that). But if I was this obsessed with a game and liked it that much, and it worked the best on a certain kind of device, and that was holding me back from the best content in the game, it seems like a decision would need to be made at some point or you're just going to transfer one problem onto another. Your lag issues in master are going to be the same lag issues and crazy bugs when you're doing act 5, and honestly the paths leading up to the collector on his chapter alone are usually harder than the hardest level of master every month. It's not easy. If you can't do a whole path now with bane on every node, you are gonna be completely unable to do it to become uncollected, or you're gonna be spending an insane amount of units. There seems to be a root cause that everything you listed is stemming from, and until you address that and get it working as it's intended to work, your progress will probably be hindered. And even then, let's say you do get past it and become uncollected. You'll have access to the better daily crystals, you can get the uncollected deals and featured crystals, but if you're barely doing master every month right now (with the relatively easy difficulty level they have been since the UC version was added alongside it) you're not gonna be able to make it through any of the monthly uncollected event quests either. Or again, without spending an insane amount of units and items.

That doesn't sound like a fun time to me, and I'm sure it's not something you're wanting either, but until something is reckoned with in the situation, you seem to be stuck.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Oh my this brings me back to when I was using Android for the game. Samsung 4s or something 😂. It was so bad for lag, animations would slow down after multiple fights, arenas would take hours.

Picked up an iPhone 7 when they released the 8s. Instantly better. Arenas took 40ish minutes to run all my 4* and 5* champs. Compared to the previous almost 2 hours time period for the same amount of champs. Perspective, on my phone now to do all 3 fights in a matchup including loading times takes roughly 1:05 minutes. My iPad can do it faster but my android would take about 5 mins.

Arguably, it was pointless to run arena boosts with my android phone. I would get 3 matchups for a 15 min boost, with my android. Now I can get up 10 matchups with boosts on with my iphone.

Then to topic, finish off the collector. Masters isn’t worth it compared to one lane through all of act 5 or uncollected eq difficulties.
  • I just made the push myself, good luck! It's worth it!
    I guess I'm a little confused because you laid out numerous things but also said you basically can't play the game because of your devices? Then what is it going to matter when you switch from doing master to doing story quest - isn't the result going to be the same, and you will just get stuck spending more units dying on the paths leading up to the collector? And then dying even more on him, who is designed to make you die over and over, without lag issues?

And how are you grinding so much if you have that bad of a lag on the one device you can play on? Or is it just you do arena on your phone then story/quest on the tablet?

Sorry, it's just a bit confusing. I have had apple products and since I got the Iphone 8 plus I've had mostly a breeze of a time (besides some overheating issues during all of that). But if I was this obsessed with a game and liked it that much, and it worked the best on a certain kind of device, and that was holding me back from the best content in the game, it seems like a decision would need to be made at some point or you're just going to transfer one problem onto another. Your lag issues in master are going to be the same lag issues and crazy bugs when you're doing act 5, and honestly the paths leading up to the collector on his chapter alone are usually harder than the hardest level of master every month. It's not easy. If you can't do a whole path now with bane on every node, you are gonna be completely unable to do it to become uncollected, or you're gonna be spending an insane amount of units. There seems to be a root cause that everything you listed is stemming from, and until you address that and get it working as it's intended to work, your progress will probably be hindered. And even then, let's say you do get past it and become uncollected. You'll have access to the better daily crystals, you can get the uncollected deals and featured crystals, but if you're barely doing master every month right now (with the relatively easy difficulty level they have been since the UC version was added alongside it) you're not gonna be able to make it through any of the monthly uncollected event quests either. Or again, without spending an insane amount of units and items.

That doesn't sound like a fun time to me, and I'm sure it's not something you're wanting either, but until something is reckoned with in the situation, you seem to be stuck.

So, there's lag throughout, but the Arenas are manageable. The harder the content, the more it lags. Master, Challenges, etc. Which I will deal with willingly because I want the Rewards. The lag is there in Act 5, but the Rewards from Uncollected are worth pushing through. Wasn't really a focus on the lag issues. Just an explanation that it is a huge factor. I keep trying to save Units for Uncollected and end up burning through them on EQ.
    Thanks everyone.
    @GroundedWisdom just think about it this way. Once you 100% story then it leaves you all the time you want for other things & it'll make all those other things all that much easier. My biggest problem now is I’m bored for 3 weeks out of the month. Lol
    Vincew80 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom just think about it this way. Once you 100% story then it leaves you all the time you want for other things & it'll make all those other things all that much easier. My biggest problem now is I’m bored for 3 weeks out of the month. Lol

Lol! I'll take that. ;) For now, my focus is this EQ and then stockpiling for next month. Then I'll push through it before touching Master. At least focusing more on it than Story.
  • Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    5.2.5 really isn’t that bad. I was stuck on 5.2.4 for a long time, and I got through that during the Summoner appreciation week.
    Get 5.2.5 done, and get used to the bane node. It’s all about timing. I had a couple of champs that helped with mistakes (IMIW with his unblockable sp1 was clutch).

Once I got through 5.2.5, I felt pretty confident in trying 5.2.6. I used every boost that I could (I had a 30% champ boost that was pretty handy!) and I only used a few potions on the path I took to the collector (I took path C). I wound up burning through about 5x 20% revives, and 3x 40 team revives on the Collector. My roster was 5*R3 KM, 4* 5/50 Medusa, DV, & Iceman, and 4* 4/40 IMIW.

If you’re grinding about 1k units a week, save & use that to buy revives. It is definitely worth your time & effort to become Uncollected. The Collector fight is definitely a unit grab, but watch a YouTube video to get a little familiar & just resign yourself to dying & reviving.

If you’re spending time grinding through EQ, you might as well get yourself more 5* & 6* shards for your efforts . And you wind up getting rare resources like t2a fragments to further strengthen your roster.

TL;DR- it’s worth your time, it will maximize your grind, and it’s not as daunting as you might think. Go for it ASAP! Good luck!
    Zeronaut81 wrote: »
    5.2.5 really isn’t that bad. I was stuck on 5.2.4 for a long time, and I got through that during the Summoner appreciation week.
    Get 5.2.5 done, and get used to the bane node. It’s all about timing. I had a couple of champs that helped with mistakes (IMIW with his unblockable sp1 was clutch).

Once I got through 5.2.5, I felt pretty confident in trying 5.2.6. I used every boost that I could (I had a 30% champ boost that was pretty handy!) and I only used a few potions on the path I took to the collector (I took path C). I wound up burning through about 5x 20% revives, and 3x 40 team revives on the Collector. My roster was 5*R3 KM, 4* 5/50 Medusa, DV, & Iceman, and 4* 4/40 IMIW.

If you’re grinding about 1k units a week, save & use that to buy revives. It is definitely worth your time & effort to become Uncollected. The Collector fight is definitely a unit grab, but watch a YouTube video to get a little familiar & just resign yourself to dying & reviving.

If you’re spending time grinding through EQ, you might as well get yourself more 5* & 6* shards for your efforts . And you wind up getting rare resources like t2a fragments to further strengthen your roster.

TL;DR- it’s worth your time, it will maximize your grind, and it’s not as daunting as you might think. Go for it ASAP! Good luck!

Awesome. Makes me feel a little more reassured. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.