**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Best AW boss

I remember a previous poll that Morningstar (if I'm not mistaken) was voted the best AW boss. But now with the changes to MD and the addition of new champs, who do you feel is the best champ to place as boss?

Best AW boss 120 votes

Morningstar
1% 2 votes
Dormammu
1% 2 votes
Iceman
3% 4 votes
Ironman IW
28% 34 votes
Modok
5% 6 votes
Classic Spiderman
5% 7 votes
Magik
1% 2 votes
Medusa
38% 46 votes
Nightcrawler
0% 1 vote
Others
13% 16 votes

Comments

• ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    Wasp to me would be a bad ass boss. I haven't seen her yet but her evades are so random with that shock that I believe she could be the next Medusa (more and more people are getting used to Medusa)
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Wasp to me would be a bad ass boss. I haven't seen her yet but her evades are so random with that shock that I believe she could be the next Medusa (more and more people are getting used to Medusa)

Bait the heavy and the evade goes into cooldown. She's a good defender, but she's pretty manageable.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★

Wasp esay just bait hervy and she wont evade much
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    You need to mention your tier... with the right champs, you can solo all of them ... i still see 1 or 2 kills on medusa bosses though
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    You need to mention your tier... with the right champs, you can solo all of them ... i still see 1 or 2 kills on medusa bosses though

1 or 2 kills for Medusa? We usually get 10+ with our r5 5* Sig 100+ Medusa as Boss.

Tier 7-8 AW
  • dano357dano357 Posts: 106
    Blade should be on this list.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    imiw - armor, autoblock, powergen. number of champs, who can handle him relatively easy, is lower, then for medusa, whom you can take down with anyone suitable for imiw and any good nullifying champ (say hood, sw)
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★

1 or 2 kills for Medusa? We usually get 10+ with our r5 5* Sig 100+ Medusa as Boss.

Tier 7-8 AW

I am in tier 2 ... most bosses get soloed.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Medusa right now in the current state of the game I believe is still the best, mystics took a hit from the MD nerf. Modok and KM aren't that good a choice with all the blades running around.
  • Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    Right now I’d say Korg. Teammates r4 5* just got us 46 kills but I’m sure that’ll drop considerably once people are used to him. Medusa is pretty easy these days.
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    You still can't beat the classics like Ultron. He's got double immunities, a random evade, and a good regen that pairs well with stun immune nodes. But I also like Modok.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Medusa replaces Dormammu post MD nerf. She still gets soloed by Morningstar and others in tiers 1-3.
    Vincew80 wrote: »
    Right now I’d say Korg. Teammates r4 5* just got us 46 kills but I’m sure that’ll drop considerably once people are used to him. Medusa is pretty easy these days.

Voodoo would destroy Korg as main AW boss. His signature ability reduces thorns ability accuracy and Korg’s ability accuracy to shrug off debuffs by 50%. Voodoo’s power burn also bypassss thorns 100%. Throw in adaptive and Voodoo’s spirit poison damage is massive against Korg

Voodoo would destroy Korg as main AW boss. His signature ability reduces thorns ability accuracy and Korg’s ability accuracy to shrug off debuffs by 50%. Voodoo’s power burn also bypassss thorns 100%. Throw in adaptive and Voodoo’s spirit poison damage is massive against Korg

Yeah I’m sure it’s just cause he’s new right now but our Medusa’s were 50/50 whether or not she did anything for us. Just too many options to use against her.
    edited September 2018

Yeah I’m sure it’s just cause he’s new right now but our Medusa’s were 50/50 whether or not she did anything for us. Just too many options to use against her.

@Vincew80 Don’t get me wrong Korg is a top tier defender. Before the MD nerf 5/65 Dormammmu was the best AW boss. I asked multiple tier 1 players for advice on how to fight him using Gulk, best answers I got were use an invulnerability boost and use Magik.

5/65 Medusa is the best AW boss but gets owned by 4/55+ Morningstar with 5 souls and also gets soloed by 5/65 Ghost Rider/Hyperion. All other tier 1-3 AW boss options get soloed by more champions than can solo Medusa.
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 675 ★★★
    modok is way to OP as a AW boss and need to be banned form being AW boss
  • KingsumKingsum Posts: 62
    Foxhero007 wrote: »
    Modak os easy smh
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Foxhero007 wrote: »

Hes easy with killmonger and other champs with true strike
  • jeffgmngjeffgmng Posts: 115

Tier 7-8 AW

R5 medusa with 100ish sigs? Daheck is she doing in that tier? Looool

edited September 2018

@Vincew80 Don’t get me wrong Korg is a top tier defender. Before the MD nerf 5/65 Dormammmu was the best AW boss. I asked multiple tier 1 players for advice on how to fight him using Gulk, best answers I got were use an invulnerability boost and use Magik.

5/65 Medusa is the best AW boss but gets owned by 4/55+ Morningstar with 5 souls and also gets soloed by 5/65 Ghost Rider/Hyperion. All other tier 1-3 AW boss options get soloed by more champions than can solo Medusa.

@DTMelodicMetal Yeah dorm was one of them I hated to see because I had no good options for him. I always use GP against Medusa. Takes a bit to get the combo up but after that she’s a cake walk. With that said guys without a good option really struggle against her. KM is another Medusa killer.
  • HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255
    Tier 8-9 - Sentinel R4 5* awakened -gets enough kills to remove the atttack bonus and sometimes more
    @DTMelodicMetal Yeah dorm was one of them I hated to see because I had no good options for him. I always use GP against Medusa. Takes a bit to get the combo up but after that she’s a cake walk. With that said guys without a good option really struggle against her. KM is another Medusa killer.

Great points, I forgot about Gwenpool and Killmonger
    Headroller wrote: »
    Tier 8-9 - Sentinel R4 5* awakened -gets enough kills to remove the atttack bonus and sometimes more

We've placed my 5/65 duped Sentinel as my BG's main AW boss in tier 4. He usually got 4-5+ kills and has never been soloed, though a super skilled booster took him down with only 1 death using 5/65 Blade.

Great points, I forgot about Gwenpool and Killmonger

You know how that goes. For every great defender there’s a few champs that’ll make them look easy no matter how hard you plan your defense. Lol
    Aleor wrote: »
    imiw - armor, autoblock, powergen. number of champs, who can handle him relatively easy, is lower, then for medusa, whom you can take down with anyone suitable for imiw and any good nullifying champ (say hood, sw)

If we’re talking main AW boss Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Dr. Voodoo, Killmonger, Gwenpool, and Morningstar can solo IMIW without boosts. Other champs like Medusa, Crossbones, Elektra, Karnak, Heimdall, and Cap IW also do well against IMIW.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    tier 12...... 10 mil ally
    (On our climb up)
    war just finished......
    OUR 4/55 IM IW boss got 5 kills
    whilst my
    4/55 sig 80 medusa racked up a whopping 21!!!!!!!!!
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    IMIW. There are multiple effective counters to one shot Medusa. IMIW has difficult to evade specials. An honorable mention should go to Domino because of her unavoidable damage and she can evade.