**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

4* Thor or 5* Ronan?

I have had a 4* Thor for a while now, but recently I pulled a 5* Ronan. So I was just wondering: Is he worth the switch? Both are unduped, and I do not see them getting duped in the near future.

Also keep in mind that focusing on Ronan would expend the rest of my alpha cats, something that I don't want to do unless he's absolutely the better choice.

4* Thor or 5* Ronan? 30 votes

Thor
43%
TendersquadSpeedbumptufan_1974Cutless_XMelkerlanneroDankestChef10or_StrongChampioncriticspaceoctopusSolotrixFooshblalalaSpinterCensored 13 votes
Ronan
56%
Spity68adqqedfyvrTaimurKhanAlex13369MagrailothosFoxhero007DOKTOROKTOPUSDuke_SilverMy_SuperiorAdvAtticus9090binrakKingsumFhfjghhggggjfhfjgLordNeoLittlest_DeadpoolPeteMagnum 17 votes

Comments

• M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    Wait for better cosmic champ like hyperion or corvus?
  • AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★
    Wait. Both need dupe to be good.
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    Ajisdope wrote: »
    Wait. Both need dupe to be good.

I know, but these are all I have at the moment. I'm asking as if I had to choose between them.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    If you had to chose between them right now, definitely go with with Ronan, because without dupes they are pretty much the same thing, but ronan has 100% stun chance (pretty rare), poison immunity, "armor break" (only when the opponent has armor), and turns fury into weakness. Plus Ronan is a 5 star.

That being said, don't focus on either one because both are pretty trash unduped. Ronan is a very fight-specific champ once duped, while thor is not worth investing in because he's only a 4 star
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    I wouldn't invest in either, but dont listen to people who say 4* isnt worth the investment. Certain 4*'s are still worth it, like Blade, Hyperion, etc.
  • hephaestushephaestus Posts: 145
    Wait. Don't waste on either.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Both champs are trash unduped so I'd wait until they get duped or you get a god tier cosmic champ like Hyperion, Medusa, Corvus, maybe even Proxima.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    Ronan
    taojay1 wrote: »
    If you had to chose between them right now, definitely go with with Ronan, because without dupes they are pretty much the same thing, but ronan has 100% stun chance (pretty rare), poison immunity, "armor break" (only when the opponent has armor), and turns fury into weakness. Plus Ronan is a 5 star.

That being said, don't focus on either one because both are pretty trash unduped. Ronan is a very fight-specific champ once duped, while thor is not worth investing in because he's only a 4 star

I'd pretty much agree (and I've had a 5/50 Ronan for a long time), although I wouldn't describe him as Trash.

1% of the time, an Awakened Ronan is utterly awesome; with mega damage potential and a reliable Chain Stun ability.

99% of the time, he's okay; improving to 'pretty good' against armoured champions.

Good points (unawakened):
    Poison immune
    Totally reliable stun on all Specials
    Useful True Damage on both his SP1 and SP2
    Ability to convert Fury into Weakness can be great against champs like Hulk
    Can armour break champions who 'Armour Up'
    Decent health pool and reasonable base Attack
    Decent crit rate synergies available with old champs Hulk and OG Iron Man; plus Cosmic Supremacy synergy with Black Bolt
    Has a Fury ability (as a 5-star) that improves his initially mediocre Attack rating
    Since he's in the 5-star crystal, you might Awaken him for free

Weak points:
    Unimpressive base critical rate, damage, and armour rating
    Technically he's not got an 'Armour Break' ability - he converts Armour Up buffs. This means he can't armour break those with passive armour improvements like Sentinel and Emma Frost. He can do True damage, though.
  • Ronan
    Ronan is quite good
  • SpinterSpinter Posts: 57
    Thor
    I would go with thor, but needs to be duped to be good. He can do massive damage with 2 armor breaks+Sp2. Also, you can wait for Corvus-Hyperion-Medusa-Proxima