**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Best Class overall (as of September 2018)

Best Class overall (as of September 2018) 150 votes

Science
3%
Foxhero007Aanthocx23433ŁŤÇQuattrucci 5 votes
Mutant
35%
Timone147OKAYGangTrektfish8sixDrew462TeddersAlCapone2727Darkrider05Isman1998DMAN232arsjumJEbertNojokejaymJCPer14ShaheerFIazA l p h aJayBird_IsTheWordCarme1974Cutless_XDeadpool201 53 votes
Skill
9%
Frostynelly22SpeedbumpSHUBHRAYUsha2356__KossukoseChineseChampion868Six_strings6xXpenkingbLordNeoSpidey983SparkyCzuthy99 14 votes
Tech
14%
adqqedfyvrnebSceptilemaniacJdub1250DankestChefGamerTspktobalaChris1212123Kobster84EnderDraco58SDPAvengers320JayCeeZJoePAnthinhoskullduggery72BeagleElojoVassili24Mbizz 21 votes
Mystic
14%
Captain_KandiceSnakeEyes69MarsRuiRuiAnonymous346SpiderCoolsFurious_Fighter1Starscean98Liss_Bliss_YouconfusedRobster39simolaztntslAdviiSkittle_Ninja69crystaldsmithMars___WaddaboutmeFooshblalalaΑΝΙΚΗΤΟΙEtjama 21 votes
Cosmic
24%
Willjackson16belli300TendersquadSolrac_2MC1111111VuDahDOKTOROKTOPUSNemesis666AhitlawHammerbro_64DTMelodicMetalDuke_SilverxananabananaSandeepStaojay1StarDarts_89AMChive2Stagedear85Atticus909010or_Strong 36 votes

Comments

• RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    I hate polls....but I love this one. For so long the obvious answer was mystic. I don't even know what I would say now. It's so much more balanced.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Cosmic
    Corvus Glaive/Hyperion/Medusa/Proxima Midnight

Iceman/Archangel/Domino/Omega Red

Sparky/Star Lord/Ghost

Dr. Voodoo/Magik/Ghost Rider/Morningstar

Blade/Gwenpool/Killmonger

Void/Gladiatior Hulk/Cap IW/Luke Cage/Red Hulk

Cosmic class is strongest overall in terms of offense and defense
  • SpiderCoolsSpiderCools Posts: 615 ★★★
    Mystic

Sparky/Star Lord/Ghost

We also have yet to see if carnage and venom make it to the top of the cosmic list. Lets see if they make cosmic class even stronger
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Mutant

Sparky/Star Lord/Ghost

Missing some mutants there like Sabretooth, Rogue, and NC. Even Cable deserves a shoutout.

P.S. let’s not forget the hugely effective champ Cyclops 😉
    Cosmic
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Missing some mutants there like Sabretooth, Rogue, and NC. Even Cable deserves a shoutout.

P.S. let’s not forget the hugely effective champ Cyclops 😉

Yep I only listed the best of the best of each class. Left out champs like:

Cosmic - Heimdall/Hela/Angela

Mutant - Sabretooth/Bishop/Rogue/X-23

Tech - IMIW/Sentinel/Ultron/Vision OG/Doctor Octopus

Mystic - Mephisto/Hood/Guillotine/Dormammu (RIP)

Skill - Crossbones/Korg/Elektra/Hawkeye

Science - MODOK/Quake/Cap WWII

IMO current class rankings in terms of getting the best rewards through AW Seasons are cosmic then mutant then tech/mystic then science then skill
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Mutant
    There’s Corvus Medusa and hypes, probably the biggest cosmics atm, with buffed venom carnage (I’m assuming) Proxima heimdall hela and Angela rounding out the list.

There’s also iceman, aa, domino and now Emma Frost (who, when not in diamond form looks pretty damage heavy) and omega red together with sabretooth x23 wolvie and rogue probably have more depth than the cosmics, and science is still mainly dominated by void/quake/cap iw trio, with just rulk ghulk and lc backing them up.

I’d say mutant takes it, barely, and mystic will probably recover the second a new mystic champ is introduced and people get over the md nerf
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Cosmic
    [quote="Epsilon3;c-574202"

Mutants: it’s easier to list the bad ones. Psylocke, OML, Colossus (Synergies tho…), both Magneto and deadpool xforce[/quote]

Psylocke is actually a pretty decent champ.i dont get why ppl think shes trash
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    @Fhfjghhggggjfhfjg

I’m aware of Psylocke’s abilities however given her limitations and the various other power control champs she’s rather unimpressive in my opinion.

As it stands however I stand by what I said.
    Reviewing my roster I’ve come to arbitration least weed out the bottom 2 in my opinion. Your opinion might different but let’s be respectable.

Sorry Blade, Gwenpool, Korg and Killmonger but you can’t make an entire class the best when it’s only you 4.

Tech sadly takes 5th imo. HANG ON! I know that sparky and Star lord and Vision AoU are all amazing. And yes Ultron Sentinel Yondu and Nebula also are outstanding and no one truly likes fighting IMIW. But there’s another 5 stark tech champs that all blow. Neither Vulture nor Doc Oc ever stood out to me and Goblin is just an annoying defender and a very tedious attacker. I think overall it’s a very “average” class not overpowered but also well represented where/when it matters

Science. Probably my best choice for 4th. Now while mutant lacks a LOT of utility aside from DoT and regen skills science is overall a great attacking class that manages to be a better defending class. Gulk, Quake, Void and LC are kinda the shining examples of utility while I I have MODOK, Classic Spider, ultimate(watered down) Spider, YJ, Hulk, Abomination, and a lot more than I should list as high tier defenders that for as simple as most of them are can easily snag surprise kills
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    Skill: a very basic roster. Few notable utilities that other champs in other classes don’t do incredibly better. Almost no defenders save Korg and offensively only 3 matter (you know which 3)

Tech: IMIW, SL, Sparky, and AoU Vision. Maybe Ultron Sentinel Nebula and Yondu but they aren’t game changers.

Mutants: it’s easier to list the bad ones. Psylocke

Psylocke!!! She's one of the best fighter in mutant class. She's of of the power controller. And, she have a good damage output.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Wow. I was just thinking about this very thing today.

I almost voted "Mutant." I think from top to bottom, even the worst characters in it can prove useful -- people bag on Colossus a lot, but at least he's Bleed immune. Having an immunity is more than a few of the weaker characters in the game can say. as far as durability is concerned.

I'm still thinking about this one. It's tough.

• ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    However, ask me if I had to create one five champ team to play the end game with forever, and it had to be all one class, which one would it be? I'd probably say Cosmic.

It's funny that you say that, not because it's right or wrong, but because I also thought about that today. One five-person team to run content to the end of time, not knowing what's coming in the future, but knowing my play style?

Believe it or not, I said....Tech. Not the strongest class, but some seriously effective characters at the top end:

That five-person unit:

OG Vision
    Iron Man (IW)
    Spider-Man (SE)
    Star-Lord
    Green Goblin (Just barely holding off Sentinel and Ghost)

You've got power control, DPS, DOT, one double-immune character, two heal block characters.

Think that would get me through some things

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Mutant

ESF wrote: »
    However, ask me if I had to create one five champ team to play the end game with forever, and it had to be all one class, which one would it be? I'd probably say Cosmic.

It's funny that you say that, not because it's right or wrong, but because I also thought about that today. One five-person team to run content to the end of time, not knowing what's coming in the future, but knowing my play style?

Believe it or not, I said....Tech. Not the strongest class, but some seriously effective characters at the top end:

That five-person unit:

OG Vision
    Iron Man (IW)
    Spider-Man (SE)
    Star-Lord

You've got power control, DPS, DOT, one double-immune character, two heal block characters.

why is everyone forgetting about ghost, she is completely OP
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Mutant
    Nojokejaym wrote: »
    ESF wrote: »

That five-person unit:

OG Vision
    Iron Man (IW)
    Spider-Man (SE)
    Star-Lord

why is everyone forgetting about ghost, she is completely OP

DID EVERYONE FORGET IF GHOST IS PLAYED RIGHT SHE ENDS THE FIGHT FASTER THAN ANY OTHER CHARACTER
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Tech
    I voted tech without too much thought, but I’m not so sure that is correct. It may be. Tech has Spark, Starlord, and Ghost. These are three champs that arguably possess the most powerful damage dealing abilities in the game. They are all in consideration. Stark Spidey and Ghost are top 5 choices for nearly all content in the game if one is skilled enough. Starlord is a top optIon for LOL. There is no other class with such raw power and diversity at the top. Is there?
    Honestly I have to say that Mystic is still top. Combo of control, Mephisto, Morningstar, and some heavy hitters overall they’re the best all-around useable class that has something for everyone. Mutants are probably my second pick mostly because of Iceman, Archangel and the latest 3. Others as well but DPS Anti-Evade, DoT, Burst, Psylocke control of you want, and more they just lack overall utility and favor killing more which only puts them slight behind Mystics

And sadly I can’t place cosmic higher than 3rd. Damage, Damage, Damage. It has almost no utility outside Ronan and a few defenders. Sure Proxy and Corvus and hiemdal break IMIW as Evade champs but that’s nearly their maximum “utility” outside poison immunity
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    Mutant
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    Skill: a very basic roster. Few notable utilities that other champs in other classes don’t do incredibly better. Almost no defenders save Korg and offensively only 3 matter (you know which 3)

Tech: IMIW, SL, Sparky, and AoU Vision. Maybe Ultron Sentinel Nebula and Yondu but they aren’t game changers.

Mutants: it’s easier to list the bad ones. Psylocke, OML, Colossus (Synergies tho…), both Magneto and XFDP. Bishop and beast tow the line but the rest I’d be glad to pull unless I’ve somehow repressed the memories of some mutants.

Cosmic: strong beat sticks but boring outside Medusa and Hyperion who double as defenders. Let’s be real, once you rank up 2 or 3 cosmic champs the rest lose value as rank ups

Mystic: Half are Gods or demi potential minimum, the others are Bad. They lack a sizable roster that predates 12.0 so this is likely to be resolved as more are added

Lastly we have science. I don’t have much to say. We all know science is great offensively and defensively. They have interesting interactions with their rather interesting abilities that have weird and fun interactions across the game that make them amazing here and there but overall a lot aren’t anything “perfect” as a lot of their champs are great… other classes had better options for a lot of them

hay where is my boi RedSkull hes a good tech champ too
    Mutant
    I voted tech without too much thought, but I’m not so sure that is correct. It may be. Tech has Spark, Starlord, and Ghost. These are three champs that arguably possess the most powerful damage dealing abilities in the game. They are all in consideration. Stark Spidey and Ghost are top 5 choices for nearly all content in the game if one is skilled enough. Starlord is a top optIon for LOL. There is no other class with such raw power and diversity at the top. Is there?

hay where is my boi RedSkull hes a good tech champ too
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    edited September 2018
    Mutant

Sparky/Star Lord/Ghost

No it's not. Same defenders as attackers for Mutant. But mutant also has the Wolverines (including Sabertooth). If you taking in Proxima Midnight then you gotta pull out the Wolverines because we all know Proxima Midnight is good but no God Tier. And let me not even get started on Emma Frost for defense, I'll even exclude NC from it too. Boyyyyy sit downnnnn.
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    edited September 2018
    Mutant
    Mutant definitely have the better champions.
    Mutant
    Mutant but tech too
    Cosmic

No it's not. Same defenders as attackers for Mutant. But mutant also has the Wolverines (including Sabertooth). If you taking in Proxima Midnight then you gotta pull out the Wolverines because we all know Proxima Midnight is good but no God Tier. And let me not even get started on Emma Frost for defense, I'll even exclude NC from it too. Boyyyyy sit downnnnn.

Proxima Midnight is god tier. Only SL is better for soloing most LOL enigmatic nodes. Proxima is amazing for node 24 in tier 1-5 AW. Her ability to parry basic projectile attacks like IMIW’s dash attack Yondu’s yaka arrows, and Domino’s gun shot projectiles is clutch for fighting those champs on AW defense.

Proxima also gets 200% offensive ability accuracy reduction when blocking attacks. That means Agent Venom and Kingpin never shrug off stun from parry with their tenacity and rage abilities, BPCW never inflicts stun when he’s stunned by parry or basic attacks while he has an armor buff active, and masochism doesn’t trigger when Proxima parries attacks. Proxima also gets safeguard if she’s attacked by projectiles when she has a 30+ hit combo, which is clutch when fighting enemies like Punisher/Punisher 2099/Hood/Sparky/Bishop.

The cosmic and mutant classes are strongest. I get why other players would say mutant is strongest. I disagree with that because Corvus Glaive is king of AW attack and legends runs, Medusa is the best AW boss, Hyperion is god tier for offense and defense (node 29 RIP), and Proxima Midnight’s utility is top 5-10 in the game.
    Mutant

Proxima Midnight is god tier. Only SL is better for soloing most LOL enigmatic nodes. Proxima is amazing for node 24 in tier 1-5 AW. Her ability to parry basic projectile attacks like IMIW’s dash attack Yondu’s yaka arrows, and Domino’s gun shot projectiles is clutch for fighting those champs on AW defense.

Proxima also gets 200% offensive ability accuracy reduction when blocking attacks. That means Agent Venom and Kingpin never shrug off stun from parry with their tenacity and rage abilities, BPCW never inflicts stun when he’s stunned by parry or basic attacks while he has an armor buff active, and masochism doesn’t trigger when Proxima parries attacks. Proxima also gets safeguard if she’s attacked by projectiles when she has a 30+ hit combo, which is clutch when fighting enemies like Punisher/Punisher 2099/Hood/Sparky/Bishop.

The cosmic and mutant classes are strongest. I get why other players would say mutant is strongest. I disagree with that because Corvus Glaive is king of AW attack and legends runs, Medusa is the best AW boss, Hyperion is god tier for offense and defense (node 29 RIP), and Proxima Midnight’s utility is top 5-10 in the game.

No more Medusa sorry bud but Emma Frost take her crown
    Cosmic
    issamaf80 wrote: »

I disagree:

https://youtu.be/L8cLq1Q7uD0
    Mutant

I disagree:

https://youtu.be/L8cLq1Q7uD0

On a stun Immune node and that's not you video and Medusa can be easily conterd with Killmonger and any true strike champ
    edited September 2018
    Cosmic
    On stun immune or as main AW boss Emma Frost will get soloed by Corvus Glaive, Dr .Voodoo, Sentinel, Cap IW, Hyperion, Star Lord, Gwenpool, Sparky, Magik, and more. Medusa as main AW boss only gets soloed by Morningstar, Ghost Rider, Hyperion, Killmonger, Gwenpool, Magik, and Dr. Voodoo. If more champions have soloed 4/55+ Medusa in tier 1-3 AW I've yet to see video proof.
    Mutant
    On stun immune or as main AW boss Emma Frost will get soloed by Corvus Glaive, Dr .Voodoo, Sentinel, Cap IW, Hyperion, Star Lord, Gwenpool, Sparky, Magik, and more. Medusa as main AW boss only gets soloed by Morningstar, Ghost Rider, Hyperion, Killmonger, Gwenpool, Magik, and Dr. Voodoo. If more champions have soloed 4/55+ Medusa in tier 1-3 AW I've yet to see video proof.

I will list you a lot of champ that counter Medusa
    Cosmic
    I will list you a lot of champ that counter Medusa

Sounds good. Try to provide video footage of AW main boss fights to back up the list.