**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Medusa blocking Unblockable Specials in AW

TH0c-juXz24.jpg
That's all said in thread name.
On the left sign means Unblockable.
On the right: Regeneration, Autoblock, Parry.
It happens only in AW 31 node. There are no any Boosts that can help her to block Unblockable.

Comments

• Options
    Just as a FYI, certain aspects of so called 'Unblockable' specials can in fact be blocked. However, last I checked Morningstar's S2 was not one of those. Just the same, not 100% sure if there's a distance aspect that allows for the block to work. An example of this is Classic Spider-Man's S1 being on an Unblockable S1 node in AW. You can block the projectiles, but HAVE to evade the rest. Or reverse it with Winter Soldier's S1, evade the shove, and block the bullets. There's plenty of other examples. This might be one of those situations is what I'm saying. Then again, might be a glitch or bug.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious What say you on this one??
  • Options
    Just as a FYI, certain aspects of so called 'Unblockable' specials can in fact be blocked. However, last I checked Morningstar's S2 was not one of those. Just the same, not 100% sure if there's a distance aspect that allows for the block to work. An example of this is Classic Spider-Man's S1 being on an Unblockable S1 node in AW. You can block the projectiles, but HAVE to evade the rest. Or reverse it with Winter Soldier's S1, evade the shove, and block the bullets. There's plenty of other examples. This might be one of those situations is what I'm saying. Then again, might be a glitch or bug.

The Unblockable Boost grants Unblockable for first contact hit. If there's a shot - it will be Unblockable, if in special only contact hits - the first hit will be Unblockable. Champions abilities grants all hits Unblockable. At least that's the current game mechanics that we found after some tests.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    Crushtest wrote: »

The Unblockable Boost grants Unblockable for first contact hit. If there's a shot - it will be Unblockable, if in special only contact hits - the first hit will be Unblockable. Champions abilities grants all hits Unblockable. At least that's the current game mechanics that we found after some tests.

you mean indestructible but you still cant block you just take no damage, there is no unblockable boost
  • Options
    Nojokejaym wrote: »

you mean indestructible but you still cant block you just take no damage, there is no unblockable boost

Unblockable. Where you can't block hits from specials. There is an Unblockable Boost on aw nodes. Maybe it called differently, I don't know, long time no played in aw.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    The way i know it is, where specials are concerned, usually the first few hits of a special attack are physical hits, those are unblockable so you must dodge them. Then if the rest of the special attack is projectile based, you can block them normally. If the entire special attack is a projectile, then you cannot block the special. So i agree with the OP, since morningstar's sp2 the whole thing is a projectile, medusa should not have been able to block it. If i'm wrong do show me. The only exception i know of and hate, is korg sp1, where both the physical and projectile parts are unblockable.
  • Options
    The way i know it is, where specials are concerned, usually the first few hits of a special attack are physical hits, those are unblockable so you must dodge them. Then if the rest of the special attack is projectile based, you can block them normally. If the entire special attack is a projectile, then you cannot block the special. So i agree with the OP, since morningstar's sp2 the whole thing is a projectile, medusa should not have been able to block it. If i'm wrong do show me. The only exception i know of and hate, is korg sp1, where both the physical and projectile parts are unblockable.

If it came from boost - yes, it comes as you told. But if this an ability of a champion - all hits are Unblockable. Like Korg, Morningstar and others
  • Options
    FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Joy. Not only is Medusa not consuming all fury when she triggers Living Strand, she's also now blocking Morningstar's Unblockable special?
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    Wow Medusa is Broken like crays
  • Options

Unblockable. Where you can't block hits from specials. There is an Unblockable Boost on aw nodes. Maybe it called differently, I don't know, long time no played in aw.

specials are unblockable but medusa was blocking an unblockable special
  • Options
    Medusa shouldnt have been able to block that period, there is no boost or node that makes an unblockable special blockable
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

If it came from boost - yes, it comes as you told. But if this an ability of a champion - all hits are Unblockable. Like Korg, Morningstar and others

which is why its weird that medusa autoblocked morningstar's unblockable sp2, just like the OP suggested
  • Options
    XN0nameXXN0nameX Posts: 39
    edited September 2018
    It’s a bug
    Medusa is bugged after the last update
    There’s several videos out there showing MS killing Medusas with her unblockable sp2 before the last update
  • Options

Thank you. That's what I was trying to say.
  • Options

Thank you. That's what I was trying to say.

so we're both pretty much sating medusa shouldnt have been able to block it since it's an unblockable special
  • Options
    Zee_Reborn wrote: »
    Only first hit of an unblockable special is unblockable.

That hit landed. She auto blocked the rest because the second+ hit can be blocked.

Same premise as getting hit by the first hit and evading the consecutive hits with SM or NC.

If this is a champion ability all hits in specials are Unblockable.
  • Options
    GioginosGioginos Posts: 39
    Morningstar also nullifies the buffs during her L2 so medusa wouldnt have any furies to auto block with
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Happened to me too.. then I died because she countered after blocking lol
  • Options
    Happened to me too.. then I died because she countered after blocking lol

it was on the 31st node?
  • Options
    That's another question regarding 31st node.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/96549/kabam-fix-node-31-please
    Maybe there's a bug with persistent charges triggering or something? Abilities from them doesn't work properly...
  • Options
    The problem is that Medusa keeps her furies after nullyfing them, even with Magik's SP3 or Voodoo's SP1
  • Options
    Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Buffet node removed your unblockable probably
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    Medusa is a brokken champ atm.
  • Options
    Buffet node removed your unblockable probably

how? unblockable is passive ability and does not appear as active effect, so it can't be triggered by buffet or any other such thing.