**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Please make AQ selection idiot proof

ygpoc13d02e9.png
So ya, one of our officers screwed up today and from what I have heard many other alliances have been having this problem.

Possible solutions-
1.)start every alliance with 3 bgs and let them choose if they don’t want to run that many. Let’s be honest, the majority of players are in 3 bg alliances.
2.) give a warning message to officers when they select only 1 bg in an alliance with 20-30 members.
3.)let alliances start more bgs even after the fact.

Comments

• Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    Like I said, idiot proof.
  • RogueKing13RogueKing13 Posts: 188
    They did...but...
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    This is why we can't have nice things.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 752 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    The interface is confusing and cumbersome. Used to be 1 tap to start AQ, and now it's like 8 taps, and you need to confirm on 4 separate screens to make sure. It's stupid
  • Aww we did also can we restart it again did you contact kabam
    ronn23 wrote: »
    Aww we did also can we restart it again did you contact kabam
    Can’t restart and it’s not like contacting kabam would be quick enough (or that they would even help) We are just stuck running 1 bg and that’s fine. I would just like kabam to make the game more user friendly for the future
  • :'(
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    Then why have I heard of multiple other alliances that are having this issue. I know it fun to pick on people that screw up, but how about we just fix the issue instead of being toxic.

Fixing the issue would mean you would need to let someone else that pays attention set up AQ. Same goes for other allys that can't do it right either. You get 2 chances during set up to confirm selections.
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    One of our officers accidentally started day 2 with 1 BG...SMH!
    Drummer16 wrote: »
    One of our officers accidentally started day 2 with 1 BG...SMH!
    Yes but according to some people, your alliance is just a bunch of idiots and you should just start kicking/demoting all your leaders. 🙄
    Fact is this is a reoccuring problem and despite what a few people have said here, it’s still happening to more and more alliances. It’s clearly not idiot proof, and people continue to screw it up.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    It happened to me as well.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    You select the number of BGs, then the Map, and then have a Summary to review. I'm not sure how much clearer that could be, outside of resurrecting Miss Cleo.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I agree, there is more than enough opportunity to make a correction before confirming your AQ. Just tell your alliance mates to take it slow and read the options
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    You select the number of BGs, then the Map, and then have a Summary to review. I'm not sure how much clearer that could be, outside of resurrecting Miss Cleo.

it is clear... and i agree.....
    unfortunately someone did it in my ally on day 5 also.....
    but...
    why does kabam not make it default to 3 bgs?? most run 3bgs.... the interface would stay the same only the default would be different.....
    it remembers the maps you ran the day before we ran 5,4,3 and when selecting 5,4,3 we only had to choose the maps day 1. Why not remember the last choice of how many bgs????

i agree the interface is clear and easy to follow....i am also one that believes everything should be made easy as possible.
    so it might be ok as it it but really defaulting to 3bgs would be better.
    while I agree that there is no reason for people to do anything other than 3BG of AQ, I like that kabam gave us that choice to choose, rather than them do what they think is right and us having no say in it until we complain about it
    Maat1985 wrote: »

but...
    why does kabam not make it default to 3 bgs?? most run 3bgs.... the interface would stay the same only the default would be different.....
    it remembers the maps you ran the day before we ran 5,4,3 and when selecting 5,4,3 we only had to choose the maps day 1. Why not remember the last choice of how many bgs????

i agree the interface is clear and easy to follow....i am also one that believes everything should be made easy as possible.

I can't say most Allies run 3. It all depends on how many Members they have. It likely defaults to the lowest value. I suppose the same mistake and argument can be made with 1 BG. It's just prudent to pay attention to what selections we're making. Especially when something is new. I've made mistakes myself with jumping in. Really, it won't make a difference to take an extra moment and choose carefully.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    In any industry in which quality actually matters, you address the process and not the people. It is recognized by industries like aviation and medicine that vigilance is an inadequate tool for guaranteeing the outcome you’re looking for, and human error will always occur when given an opportunity. Thus the process and the tools in the process are the chief focus of all quality work. You don’t start looking at people until the process has been proven to be evidence-based and effective, and the people continue to make errors after being mentored repeatedly.

This is certainly not to imply that that level of quality management needs to exist inside of a game. It’s just meant to imply that if it actually did matter, blaming people over process or tools would never get you what you are looking for.
    and how exactly would you make the process idiot proof? Care to give an example that everyone can agree is idiotproof? There is already a summary screen that anyone who takes the time to read can use to double check.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited September 2018

but...

I can't say most Allies run 3. It all depends on how many Members they have. It likely defaults to the lowest value. I suppose the same mistake and argument can be made with 1 BG. It's just prudent to pay attention to what selections we're making. Especially when something is new. I've made mistakes myself with jumping in. Really, it won't make a difference to take an extra moment and choose carefully.

my point is that it remembers what maps you last did to make map selection easy....
    why cant it also remember the amount of bgs you last ran??????

and yes but on the occasion where someone does mess up it is annoying. so it would be handy to reduce the risk of that.......
    and how exactly would you make the process idiot proof? Care to give an example that everyone can agree is idiotproof? There is already a summary screen that anyone who takes the time to read can use to double check.

this will make it idiot proof for all bar day 1.... an officer will not need to change anything and AQ will be exactly same as day before.....
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    My alliance does 3 all the time. Doing 3 is a good idea especially in AW. My alliance has wasted many other alliances that put down no defenders for their BG 2 and 3. #LOTBHrules

The thread's about quest.
    The quest procedure is there to allow for micromanaging maps and rooms.
    There is no similar interface for war.
    Irony is awesome.

but...

my point is that it remembers what maps you last did to make map selection easy....
    why cant it also remember the amount of bgs you last ran??????

and yes but on the occasion where someone does mess up it is annoying. so it would be handy to reduce the risk of that.......

this will make it idiot proof for all bar day 1.... an officer will not need to change anything and AQ will be exactly same as day before.....

There's something to be said for User Error. Mistakes happen. No doubt. However, repeated mistakes can be attributed to a lack of communication, following instructions, and paying attention. After the first mistake, it's best to take care, or talk to the Officer that's responsible if that's the case. Part of having Officers is entrusting people with the ability. I don't agree with foolproofing the system unless there's a valid reason. Fact is, people are responsible for paying attention, and for who they trust to open BGs. Once would be an understandable mistake. Repeated mistakes would be the only reason I'd see for making it foolproof, and if there are repeated mistakes, that becomes a different issue. It would be more prudent to pay attention, or have a conversation with the ones doing it over and over. I don't make someone Officer unless I trust they are on the same page.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    Idiot proof=change it back, apparently.

Picking 3, picking map, and hitting go adds too many steps, apparently. Lots of opportunities to fail.

Streamlining is always best. Like, log in, click quest, connection error screen, complain on boards. Straightforward!
This discussion has been closed.