**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Older Generation Champion Updates

FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
Kabam:

I’ve been playing this game since its inception. I want to first say I love playing MCOC. It brings me back to my childhood and gives challenges where to escape the mundane everyday workday.

Thank you for providing a great product.

Over the years, you have introduced new champions and as time continues these champions become more and more intricate.

Let me say I think this is great progression. Figuring out how champions work is part of the fun. Too often people look at pure damage right from the beginning. While desirable that I can do massive damage just from hitting a specia, the fun and interest goes away quickly. Kudos for making champions the way you have lately.

Early generation champions, however, do not share this level of interest, as they’re deemed obsolete or “useless”.

While I don’t believe any champion is useless, I do believe to bring standardization and interest to the game, we can buff and/or improve many of the old champions, instead of leaving them to be the MCOC meme subjects and/or disappointing pulls from crystals.

It could be as simple as increasing base damage, or prestige.

For example, people don’t like Joe Fixit as much as some other popular champions. A quick fix to this Champion could be increasing base damage or regen ability. Mechanics would be the same, but now all of a sudden people will explore him In the interim.

There are many old champions that if buffed can contribute.

OG Captain America takes little to no damage when blocking. Increase his base damage and people may quest with him.

Then there are the true re-buffs. As you did with Luke Cage and Red Hulk. There are many champs that are optimal targets, such as Colossus, Carnage, Kamala Khan and Venom.

Venom has the potential to be a great champion, and this is one that can have a re-release of an alternate version, however the older one would just be a disappointing crystal pull.

My last three 5* pulls were Rhino, She-Hulk and Iron Patriot. Although disappointing, I see potential in all of them with just a few alterations in character mechanics.

Then there are the re-skins. I love alternate versions of characters, however their abilities should differ entirely. Iron Man and Superior Iron Man are very similar. Captain and Miss Marvel. And the list goes on.

Just a few alterations and the game gets a boost and interest rises, just from existing champs.

Again, I’ll continue to play, but I’d like to see some of the first generation champions receive the attention they, and the community deserves.

Thank you again, I look forward to your response.

Comments

• iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    I agree that older champs should get updates, I even made a post about this if you could check it out! https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/549853#Comment_549853
  • BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    I wish Kabam would buff Rhino. He’d be pretty good if his charge was immune to AAR and caused Armour Breaks. They could even give it a small chance to stun which would give him a unique combo where he hits his foe like a battering ram.

Kabam actually already buffed Rhino. He was my very first 5-star pull, and I was beyond upset. Then they buffed him and made him an "okay" Champion. It doesn't mean that he couldn't stand to be buffed again, though...

I really think they need to target Unstoppable Colossus to make him worth the Loyalty.
    There are a lot of Champions that Kabam really needs to fix. I'm glad to see the Venom and Carnage are going to get an update, but we really need to make the worst Champions, ones that Kabam even acknowledges are not good Champions (but still puts them out in Crystals), actually playable. We even had an event where we got to fight against the worst Champions in the game (with all kinds of buffs to make them decent opponents), so Kabam knows that some of their Champions are terrible.

We really need some kind of Champion Workshop where we can suggest improvements to the "Weak Champion of the Month" so that Kabam can update Champs faster than two or three fixes a year.

Champs in need of this workshop: Kamala Khan, Thor (Jane Foster), She-Hulk, Magneto, Unstoppable Colossus, Colossus, Joe Fixit, Cyclops, Karnak, Iron Patriot, Groot, Captain/Ms. Marvel... There's a lot that could be done to make these Champions viable rather than the "Oh, ****! I pulled that trash champion!" that continues to go on.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    SO TRUE!

alot of champs have great mechanics....
    or alot of pros to them but fall over cus of one or many weakness.....
    some are not bad in their own right but fall to the bottom when in a sea of others....

just some small tweaks to attribute / abitlites mainly slightly better numbers would really help people diversify their rosters....
    some people are sad when they get a cap wwii as thier 6*....
    not because cap wwii is by any means a bad champ but just compared to what else they could have got he is nothing....
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Bodhizen wrote: »
    We really need some kind of Champion Workshop where we can suggest improvements to the "Weak Champion of the Month" so that Kabam can update Champs faster than two or three fixes a year.

I think this is a great idea.

Perhaps starting all the way from the beginning of the game’s inception and moving forward?

Some champs need one or two buffs and it’ll make them viable.

I know Kabam is busy - and am not sure of how it would fit in with the currently scheduled series of events, but I’d love to see the Colossus, Kamala Khan, Iron Patriot style champs get looked at. One champ every month or two, would that be possible?
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    I’d rather them fix the game instead of letting block fails evade fails and specials constantly getting blocked. What good is a revamped champ of the game play is horrible
  • NewDawnDebNewDawnDeb Posts: 106
    Yeah kabam we need this.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    i see a potential buff to hulkbuster in the future
  • thegrimmlingthegrimmling Posts: 167
    Its called power creep and happens to most games that regularly get new content added.

Also encourages players to keep on buying newer champs to stay relivant.
    It's not about power creep. Kamala Khan has been a terrible champ since she came out. Colossus was never great. She-Hulk has never been a great champion either. The same holds true of most of the champions that I mentioned. It's not that the Contest left them behind as the powers became more and more awesome. Some Champions just sucked, period. Those champions need to be revisited, or at the very least, those champions need to be removed from crystals so that you don't get a lame-duck champion anymore.

Yes, power creep is a factor in the game, but it's not the defining problem with bad champions. After all, Colossus only becomes a halfway decent champion when you have synergy with Omega Red (who just came out). You shouldn't require synergies to make a terrible champion into an okay champion. Synergies should make okay champions better, and there shouldn't be any terrible champions, period.

Best wishes!
  • JozielPNJozielPN Posts: 95
    I totally agree with this post!
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Agreed. Concerning Fixit, he could be a really good champion...if his stats for his abilities were higher. Same with a ton of the others. No major redesigns (aside from the reskin champs) are needed at all.