**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Stagger nerf?

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
So Last month's event quest I tested my relatively new R3 5* Hood on masochism and found that his stagger will cancel the next masochism regen so the enemy won't gain the regen and will be stunned if parried and my power will fill up due to max MD.

but this event quest I tried him against Magneto and was surprised to see that stagger doesn't cancel the regen. I would still gain power from MD and the debuff will be removed but the regen isn't nullified.

Any news you'd like to share and just forgot about kabam?!?

Comments

• StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Anyone??????????????
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Probably just a bug fix instead. A passive stagger don't interact with masochism
    Probably just a bug fix instead. A passive stagger don't interact with masochism

It should. masochism is a buff like any other buff. it's not a passive and when it triggers it also triggers MD.
    If it was a bug why didn't they include it in the bug fixes list?
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Strategic wrote: »

It should. masochism is a buff like any other buff. it's not a passive and when it triggers it also triggers MD.

When masochism triggers and heals the enemy, it’s instantaneous with no regen buff showing up. Similar to Guillotine or Strange’s healing, there’s no regen buff to stagger.

Stagger shouldn’t interact with masochism. Stagger only interacts with active buffs.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Strategic wrote: »

When masochism triggers and heals the enemy, it’s instantaneous with no regen buff showing up. Similar to Guillotine or Strange’s healing, there’s no regen buff to stagger.

Stagger shouldn’t interact with masochism. Stagger only interacts with active buffs.

Actually when I used rogues sp1 on someone with masochism she gained a regen buff when it trigger.
    edited September 2018
    That's what I'm saying. Stagger cancelled it out and I gained MD! It used to do that so why did they change that?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Look at Morningstar as well. She gets a regen buff from her sig ability when she triggers masochism. Or at least she did when I last used her.
  • I become uncollected and hood was one of my main champion in 5.2. Against masochism i mostly use him and ice man. Hood stagger do not effect masochism his hex activate masochism and opponent regenerate its kind of strange his hex is best for ability accuracy but the opponent regenerate with hex.
    They turned them into passive regens. What used to happen was that the regen from both Buffet and and Masochism triggered active regen buffs but Kabam didn't like that so they changed it two updates ago.

If they did it must have been 1 of those mini updates because last big update last month it still worked for me on the event quest.