**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Where are my 4* Cinematic crystal shards earned from Gwenpool event?

I acquired 18k 4*Cinematic crystal shards by completing Master and Epic modes of the Gwenpool event. I completed the quests on the day the event ended and the last time I checked on September 10 morning local time, I could see them in my account.

I checked after 22:30 hrs local time, thats when you announce new events and crystals, and the crystals were missing from the Special crystals section.
They generally appear above the Solo and the Greater Solo crystals but I saw that the '2star Mutant crystals' tab had replaced the Cinematic crystals.

I was hoping to open them in two weeks time but Kabam just takes them away without any prior intimation. Since when has it become standard policy to just take away crystals from an account. Anyone else faced this issue? Kabam you need to compensate us for the amount of time and effort spent. I have been playing for 4 years and have never experienced this issue. Please fix this.

Comments

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Doom34 wrote: »
    I acquired 18k 4*Cinematic crystal shards by completing Master and Epic modes of the Gwenpool event. I completed the quests on the day the event ended and the last time I checked on September 10 morning local time, I could see them in my account.

I checked after 22:30 hrs local time, thats when you announce new events and crystals, and the crystals were missing from the Special crystals section.
    They generally appear above the Solo and the Greater Solo crystals but I saw that the '2star Mutant crystals' tab had replaced the Cinematic crystals.

I was hoping to open them in two weeks time but Kabam just takes them away without any prior intimation. Since when has it become standard policy to just take away crystals from an account. Anyone else faced this issue? Kabam you need to compensate us for the amount of time and effort spent. I have been playing for 4 years and have never experienced this issue. Please fix this.

For my own curiosity, what happens in 2 weeks? Why didn't you open them before the event ended?

In any case, if you've played the game for 4 years, you're familiar with the practice of limited time currency (X-Force crystal shards, valor, dark artefacts, etc.) disappearing at some point after the event ends. Kabam usually gives a bit of a grace period, and then the currency is removed. The cinematic crystal shards behaved just like several other temporary currencies before.

I'd suggest submitting a ticket to see if you can get them back. If you can, open them immediately. Maybe a support staffer will be gracious and help you out.

I don't think this one is Kabam's fault, but I still hope this works out well for you. Good luck.
  • Doom34Doom34 Posts: 3
    edited September 2018
    Thank you for your reply. But I was expecting a reply from the Kabam team.
    Some Summoners like to hoard their crystals to improve their milestones in the Summoner Advancement event.
    My Alliance has a practice of opening them once a month.
    Once you are rewarded an X no of shards from an event,they stay in the account for an indefinite amount of time, while potions revives, gold and tokens expire, they have an expiry timer in place. This ensures that you either claim them or spend them before they are taken away.
    Crystals shards do not fall in the same category. If that were the case, then all crystal shards that you gain from quests would have an expiry timer.
    My grievance is why wasn't an Ingame message sent to all Summoners that they would be taken away.
    Kabam sent an ingame message that they would change the Versus rewards to the original ones from 2star cinematic crystals but didn't send an Ingame message that they would take away 4* Cinematic crystal shards, which are supposed to stay in the account like other crystal shards.
    I finished the quests on the 5th of this month and the crystals disappeared from my account on the 10th.
    It wouldn't have hurt to keep the Cinematic crystal tab in the Special crystals section.
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    The cinematic crystals did have an expiry timer on them
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    By the way, it's cinematic crystal shards, not 4* cinematic crystal shards.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Once a month, wow, I knew about opening every other week but that’s insane lol.
    As others have mentioned however there was a countdown on these crystals and they should’ve been opened before that timer ticked down
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Doom34 wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply. But I was expecting a reply from the Kabam team.
    Some Summoners like to hoard their crystals to improve their milestones in the Summoner Advancement event.
    My Alliance has a practice of opening them once a month.
    Once you are rewarded an X no of shards from an event,they stay in the account for an indefinite amount of time, while potions revives, gold and tokens expire, they have an expiry timer in place. This ensures that you either claim them or spend them before they are taken away.
    Crystals shards do not fall in the same category. If that were the case, then all crystal shards that you gain from quests would have an expiry timer.
    My grievance is why wasn't an Ingame message sent to all Summoners that they would be taken away.
    Kabam sent an ingame message that they would change the Versus rewards to the original ones from 2star cinematic crystals but didn't send an Ingame message that they would take away 4* Cinematic crystal shards, which are supposed to stay in the account like other crystal shards.
    I finished the quests on the 5th of this month and the crystals disappeared from my account on the 10th.
    It wouldn't have hurt to keep the Cinematic crystal tab in the Special crystals section.

It was announced here and in a in game message that they would expire. Plus there was a timer on them. Your fault, not Kabams. You shouldn't ever allow an alliance to dictate your progress, which hold crystals does.
  • Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you missed out on spending your shards. Limited time events and related items usually expire when the event is over, so the shards should have been spent before the event ended. But if you have any more questions or need help with items in game, please reach out to support by going to the gear icon in game and clicking "Support" under the Account header.
This discussion has been closed.