**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Tier 4 Basic Catalyst Arena - Please Help Before I Lose My Mind

Ok, I need some real help, or I'm going to go completely mental.

No matter what guide I follow, no matter how many people absolutely swear by it as a tried and true method, no matter how exactly I follow the rules, I cannot avoid drawing a DEATH SQUAD in the Tier 4 Basic Catalyst Arena. I can only push through so many death matches til it becomes impossible.I got into the 20s today and threw out 3 4* 4/40 champs and got a death squad. I know there is a way to do this out there... isn't there???

Please help!!!

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Are you very sure they were 3x 4* 4/40s or you’re making the team up to make your story more believeable?
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I don't know if you can get into an infinite streak in tgis arena, but, me, I gave up trying. I tried sandbaggingm too, and, didn't work. So, now, I'm going in and restart from scratch at around 15-18. But, I'm only using my 4* and 5*. So, I can get, pretty quick, to 2m. I'm only missing around 300k now. 1 run of my champs should be enough.

Talking about sanbagging, if you want to try something that I did today, if you have a 3* Heimdall, sandbag with him and recharge.You have, at least, a couple of second to try to win the fight when your chanp is being knocked out. I went up to 20 like that.
  • I am quite positive.
    I am quite positive.

Means you’re not 100% sure. Go try it again.

Personally I have never gotten a death squad with 4/40s, and I usually pair 2 of them with a low PI 3/30.
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    I also have never gotten a death match using 4/40s at streak 20 plus. It’s based on PI. I believe I have run into a death match using 3 low pi 1/25’s. Don’t know the exact number but I think if you make sure you have at least a 10,000 PI team you’re fine...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    As linux mentioned, Masteries might help. Your Total PI needs to be a certain amount. After 21, it's best to use a minimum of 10-11,000 Total PI. I would suggest checking the PI of the Champs you're using.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    They are getting tricky..I just did Omega Red arena and always stop at the same three champs or rather don't go below it..I ended up pulling the death squad way after I had established infinity streak but was able to win 2 out of 3..the next go around using the same three champs I use last I didn't get the death squad..
    A min PI of approximately 9k is enough
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    .... just throw in r5, r3, r3 of 4* collections nd you’re golden
  • DoonxDoonx Posts: 182
    I just bring 3 champs with total of 10.5k PI to be safe. That is after 21-win streak of course. Hope this helps. 👍
  • VeeTeeTeeVeeTeeTee Posts: 72
    edited September 2018
    I have my way, heavily tested and based on something I found a long time ago somewhere here or on reddit... here's what I do:
    up to 9 – I use balanced teams, usually rank 3/30 4* champs
    10-15 – sandbag as big a difference as possible with the use of 2 maxed out 3*s and rank 1/1 1*s, the hardest fights, which start at round 13 I make sure to always use my best offense 3* characters (these are wolverines, Blade, Gwenpool, Magik, Voodoo etc.) I have not been able to move past these matches if I used any other team than two 3* champs at rank 4/40 + 1* at rank 1/1
    16-20 – 4* r4/40 or 5* r2/35
    21-up – 4* r3/30 or 5* r1/25 - make sure the PI of 5* champs is above 3000
  • Lost my streak again at fight 27 with 3 4* 3/30 champs, with a PI of over 10k.

Thanks for the pointers. Will take them all under advisement.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    edited September 2018
    Lost my streak again at fight 27 with 3 4* 3/30 champs, with a PI of over 10k.

Why don’t you give it a try this time after achieving your streak and do this R5, r3 and r3 of 4* collection. After running out of r5
    Then go like this r4, r3, r3.

If you have those 5* still waiting to be used then go 5* any rank, r5 4* and r3 4*.

When running out of r4 of 4* collection then stand down and wait until your r5 refresh (for me after using them all up it takes 10-15 minutes for them to free refresh) and avoid r3 3/30 as it will always trigger death squad

I promise big time it will be golden
    Lost my streak again at fight 27 with 3 4* 3/30 champs, with a PI of over 10k.

Can you screenshot your matchups? There is a chance that you didn’t match with a death squad, but just bad playing in general.
  • xNig wrote: »
    Can you screenshot your matchups? There is a chance that you didn’t match with a death squad, but just bad playing in general.

I know the difference between playing badly on my part and a death squad. 3 of my champs at about 9700 psi against a team of champs at 37000psi isn't me sucking.
  • HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    5s r1 before, after 10 I use only 4s r5 and 5s r3
    I reach 2million in 34 round
    no units spend
  • MrOnizukaMrOnizuka Posts: 121
    edited September 2018
    Number 1 rule, use only 4/40s after streak 16 onwards. You can use 3/30s too but you need to choose those with high PI. I personally tested it out.. you need minimum total of 10k-12kPI above to avoid death squads.. there are champs that are low PI naturally. Example, hawkeye and guillotine. My 4/40 hawkeye only has PI of 3.3k while my other 4/40s having PI over 4k++. And my account is just 3months old so most of my champs only have 1sig because i duped them mostly from arena
  • SIlverProfessorSIlverProfessor Posts: 489 ★★
    I try not to go below a team of 12,000 PI. If I can get to the 20+ streak it never death squads me. If I have to wait for a refresh of my 5* or r5 4* I wait. There's two days for t4b to get two million points. Use the time.
  • SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    More r5 5 stars are coming into the game,you should have at least one 4.40 4 star in your lineup after round 25.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    I made streak 45 and got nailed by a death squad (Anyone else sick of Spark, GR,Blade?) using a garbage 3/30 team of around 9500 PI. Should've won those fights anyway but I was tired and sloppy.

Funny thing was, I used this exact team a bunch of times up to that point with no drama.

If 10k is a proven minimum then that's what I'll do but it struck me as odd that a team that had worked fine suddenly didn't.