**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW Defense: Mastery Setups no longer being locked in when 'Join'/Placing AW D

VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
Up until the start of Alliance War Season 4, when you went to 'Join'/place your Alliance War Defense, whatever Mastery setup you had at that time is what was set/locked in for your 5 Alliance War Defenders.

I recently discovered that, as of AW Season 4, this no longer appears to be the case.

During our first Alliance War of Season 4 on 9.13.2018-9.14.2018, we noticed that our opponents had more defenders than usual with Suicide masteries on. We took note of which opponent player defenders had suicides on, so we'd know that their other defenders should also have suicides on.

However, when we reached the AW Boss (opponent player which had suicides on his prior defenders), we were surprised to discover no suicides on the AW Boss.

What this means is that it appears your Mastery Setup is no longer being saved/locked in for your AW Defenders when you hit "join"/place your defense. Your AW defenders mastery setups are now changing during war any time you change your masteries in real time (the way it normally impacts your attackers).

This change has a huge negative impact on Arena Grinders that usually place their AW defense without suicides on (locking in no suicides on defense), then turning suicides back on to do their arena grinds.

@Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_ Please advise if this change to how Mastery setups work for our Alliance War Defense is intended or if it is a bug.

FYI @mutamatt @DNA3000 @DrZola

Comments

• Would appreciate immediate attention to this issue. This hurts arena grinders so much.
  • dziurawydziurawy Posts: 6
    Maybe kabam try to check how smart/fast are we in expose their (un)intended changes 🤔
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    As this question may arise.... the AW Boss was Dorm, which did not show any recoil damage during the whole fight (whereas same player defender prior defenders all had recoil/double edge/liquid courage).
  • Hey there,

We're asking the team to look into this right now.
    edited September 2018
    Hey there,

Much thanks @Kabam Miike . I may be able to obtain additional empirical proof in this next AW if needed (as the instance I described could have been a Recoil issue on Dorm boss ... but the larger amount of AW Master rank ally defenders having suicides on their AW Defenders during this new AW season was another indicator of what I believe to be the issue of mastery setup's not saving when 'joining'/placing AW D).
  • Wow.
  • MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 143
    edited September 2018
    This is quite possibly the single most important piece of information you could possibly give players in the game’s current status. We spend boat loads of money and time to develop our defenders for high level war. We NEED to be ASSURED that masteries lock in or do not lock in on defenders once they’re placed. It is an absolute, not a probable situation.

There is a ton of money on the line here.

Thank you 🙏🏽
  • Voluntaris wrote: »
    Hey there,

Much thanks @Kabam Miike . I may be able to obtain additional empirical proof in this next AW if needed (as the instance I described could have been a Recoil issue on Dorm boss ... but the larger amount of AW Master rank ally defenders having suicides on their AW Defenders during this new AW season was another indicator of what I believe to be the issue of mastery setup's not saving when 'joining'/placing AW D).

Actually, if you remember the name of the Alliance you were up against, that would be very helpful! While our team looks into the backend system, we can look into the war as well!
    edited September 2018
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    Hey there,

Actually, if you remember the name of the Alliance you were up against, that would be very helpful! While our team looks into the backend system, we can look into the war as well!

It was 3Loki [my alliance] versus OAA (One Above All) on 9.13.2018 - 9.14.2018.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Are you sure this is the case for everyone? I feel like we would’ve seen a lot more defenders with suicides if this was the case. Our last war we did see 1 or so ppl with suicides but could chalk it up to them forgetting they were on while placing with free masteries.
    Are you sure this is the case for everyone? I feel like we would’ve seen a lot more defenders with suicides if this was the case. Our last war we did see 1 or so ppl with suicides but could chalk it up to them forgetting they were on while placing with free masteries.

No, I'm not sure it's impacting everyone 100%.

But I do know other alliances I'm in contact with at high levels have also seen more AW defenders with suicides (recoil/double edge/liquid courage) than usual.

Thankfully Kabam is looking into it.
  • I have seen that as well. Suicides on more defender than expected in tier 1 season wars
  • OualwallssOualwallss Posts: 12
    Smh^^^^
  • OualwallssOualwallss Posts: 12
    We have noticed in a fee past wars our champs rating will not reflected the buff that is added. EX. Our boss was showing a rating of 12k when it should have been more like 30 with the nodes.
  • Oualwallss, this is just a display bug during attack phase, see main thread on that topic. Defenders have the proper buffs-supports in the actual fights.
  • sparky205sparky205 Posts: 28
    My alliance has seen it as well in the last several wars. A quick response would be much appreciated.

We may have not had the same issues as others, but we have noted that the rating of defense champs was dropped to their current rating.
  • Voluntaris, did the Dormy AW boss not show any "recoil" wording after his SP 1/2 ? Or were they just looking at health bar which might be harder to see a recoil drop (assuming recoil damage is certain % of his normal non-boosted health, it would be much smaller change on the boss node).
    Also, wouldn't make sense that opponent reverted to suicides after placing for defense (to use for arena grinding), but then turn them off again while arena still going on. At least not until next war Defense placement would have started, after your war with them was done.
  • It has been possible for awhile now to switch masteries in between placing individual defenders. When you hit begin and start to plop down defenders, 5 distinct snapshots of your mastery set as well as you current boosts and their durations are taken, the first time each is placed on a node the first time. I tested this today after reading this thread and it has not changed. It is possible for the player to have switched out of suicides in the middle of placing and there is no foul play or bugs involved. Will post screen caps if requested
    edited September 2018
    SummonerNR wrote: »
    Voluntaris, did the Dormy AW boss not show any "recoil" wording after his SP 1/2 ? Or were they just looking at health bar which might be harder to see a recoil drop (assuming recoil damage is certain % of his normal non-boosted health, it would be much smaller change on the boss node).
    Also, wouldn't make sense that opponent reverted to suicides after placing for defense (to use for arena grinding), but then turn them off again while arena still going on. At least not until next war Defense placement would have started, after your war with them was done.

was showing no recoil what so ever.

as for the sense of it, who knows why his suicides would be on in evening and not on the following afternoon.

all i can say is his early defenders had suicides and his last defender, the boss, did not. in addition, 4-5 other players in their BG3 defense also had suicides on (very not the norm in tier 1/master level alliances wars during season).
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    RtomMAD wrote: »
    Sounds like guys who CHEAT by changing mastery this way so as not to affect their defense when in fact this is the way it SHOULD work. I am a grinder and I don’t even use suicides. Never seen a use for it

How is this a cheat? If someone wants to spend resources changing their masteries all the time, what about that is cheating? Having a defensive build and offensive build is just smart not cheating
    edited September 2018
    @Kabam Miike I'm not sure if the issue was persistent and then was fixed or what, but we just tested a fight versus opponent's defender in War (no suicides) then immediately dueled his top champ outside of AW (active suicides) ...

So, the issue appears to not being occurring at least in this instance (so could've been a one off last week ... or Kabam devs recently fixed).

Just wanted to provide the above update.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    Great
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    I would like official confirmation that masteries in placement remain locked in, please
  • TsunaniTsunani Posts: 173
    We're beginning 4th season, we need an answer quickly.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Any confirmation forthcoming?