**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can the Salve mastery be reworked to be based on percentages of champs life?

The salve mastery is one that is only really necessary if you are playing with 2 and 3 star champions, it doesn't really have a good purpose to be maxed out for us higher level players when we can only get 480 health generated for the first minute of the fight when our 4/55 5 star champs have 25k and higher health points.

Could this mastery be changed to heal a small flat percentage of your champs total health, such as 2-8%? The first rank could start out at only healing 2%, Rank 2 of salve could be 5%, and rank 3 could be 8%? I think this would be a fair re-work of the mastery, considering it has been overshadowed by other masteries such as dexterity and mystic dispersion.

Comment what yall think! Just trying to help make some old masteries relevant again!

Comments

• KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    No comments? I really thought this could help us more advanced players out, but if no one else comments on it, how can it get attention?
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    Man I think this would be a fantastic idea. 480 health is a complete joke, and people are wasting mastery points on a worthless mastery just for the PI boost.
    @Chris1212123 good point! Maybe it could be based off of the champs original health, before its noded up or anything
  • Chris1212123Chris1212123 Posts: 320
    With that provision I like the idea.
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    Sounds good to me, all for it.
    @JC_ @Chris1212123 @Welderofortune tell your alliances members and friends to check out my post!
    any mods feel like reading or responding?
  • Bruce12342Bruce12342 Posts: 237
    It would make things easier, that’s for sure... question is whether or not that’s a good thing? The easier things become, the more that areas of the game like AW have to turn to diversity and other BS factors to determine victors...

I like free health, I just don’t quite have the vision to fully comprehend the effects of such a change.
    @Bruce12342 that's a fair point. I don't personally think that it would cause too much change to things like war, at least not as much as mystic dispersion. If it were based on each champs individual total health (not when on nodes in war), then it would be pretty fair across the board. I'd personally take a slightly longer fight in war if it means that I get a fair amount of life regenerated per fight in every other aspect of the game.

However, if the Salve mastery is not reworked to be more useful, it really needs to just be scraped and removed altogether
  • JCPer14JCPer14 Posts: 79
    I love the idea, but maybe with a small change. Instead of a flat out 2-8% health based on the individual champs health, how about 2-8% (or 1-4%) health regenerated each time you hit an opponent. Similar to the dungeon main boss once you unlink it.
  • Bruce12342Bruce12342 Posts: 237
    @Bruce12342 that's a fair point. I don't personally think that it would cause too much change to things like war, at least not as much as mystic dispersion. If it were based on each champs individual total health (not when on nodes in war), then it would be pretty fair across the board. I'd personally take a slightly longer fight in war if it means that I get a fair amount of life regenerated per fight in every other aspect of the game.

However, if the Salve mastery is not reworked to be more useful, it really needs to just be scraped and removed altogether

I agree that Salve is trash as is. The issue I see isn’t with defenders being too strong, it’s with attackers having no issues. With that kind of regen per fight, defenders like Iceman, electro, or anyone with unavoidable damage become much less threatening... but it’s like I said, I don’t have the foresight to know what kinds of effects we would see with a change like this. It’s definitely fun to speculate!
  • AshburnAshburn Posts: 270
    edited September 2018
    I think it would be fair enough and non-gamebreaking if the first stage was 0.1% per hit over the first 60 seconds of a fight, the second 0.2% and the third 0.4%
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 468 ★★
    I agree with the OP
    I still think this is a good idea. more awareness!
  • SagetrofholzSagetrofholz Posts: 125
    I agree update salve I run willpower so I have salve 3/3 and it's pretty useless
  • Kabam need to take notice of this.
    Great idea.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    What would you do with willpower then ? Salve is just for opening up recovery for most players, it's a waste to have more than one point in it, and it it doesn't even need a Stony Core to unlock. What you are proposing would be stronger than will power of old without needing debuffs to trigger. Doesn't anyone remember how annoying it was to use Antman or ironfist or war machine and his L1 arena before the will power change ?
    @Kpatrix im not asking for willpower to be changed, I don't think anyone here is proposing that. This discussion is for getting Salve reworked, not willpower
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I think I misunderstood your post, it actually sounds pretty good the more I think about it. 8% over 1 minute wouldn't be game breaking, most fights in aq and general nodes in war last less than that with high damage champs anyway.
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 467 ★★★
    Great idea.. and health pots too!
    Can a mod/admin comment on my post? A lot of people think this would be a great idea, and fair re-work of the Salve mastery is desperately needed, considering that it is basically useless for those with 4,5, and 6 star champs.
    @My_Superior this discussion isn't about willpower, its about the master "Salve" right before willpower. At rank 3/3, Salve only heals 480 points at the most over a minute. When you have 4/55 champions, 480 out of 25k is nothing. That's why I think it needs to be reworked
  • abqberabqber Posts: 230 ★★
    It's a great suggestion. Moreover I like the idea where we have the provision of regenerating a small percentage of our own health when successfully striking the opponent for 60 seconds. That's a great addition. I too feel it's not simply worth putting 2 points just for the PI boost. I run full suicides all the time mostly and i recently moved 2 points from salve into courage coz courage helps me a lot in questing.
    So yeah, about time salve got a rework especially moving forward when champs are shooting upwards 30k in HP.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Yes, now that 5 and 6 star champs have been introduced, Salve has become obsolete.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    yes salve needs to be like 10% or something
    I think 10% is a little high for a passive regen over 1 minute. I think 5% is good, with 8% being the absolute most.

A %-based life steal per hit wouldn't be too bad either as some posted above. Maybe something along the lines of Morningstar's 5th soul ability. A 20% chance to steal 50% damage done or something just a tad bit weaker and along those lines.