**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] 20.0 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• The loading time is literally a minute and a half. 😀😀😀 In aq, I dare you to move bcoz it's not possible to move at all. Very very upset.
  • In-Game Name: Zs_O_Β©_A
    Device and Model: Honor 9
    Device Operating System: 8.0. 0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 20.0.1
    Game Mode: Everywhere. Especially in the Crystals Vault, Event Quest, Team selection screen. Alliance Quest and War too.
    Description of the Issue: Issue started with the 20.0.0 update. The game has never been worst in my 2,5years of playing. You really can't stay without getting frustrated. Lag issues happen at the start of every fight, the biggest problem is when you are trying to scroll (for example scrolling down in the Crystal Vault has insane lag or scrolling to spectate the map and choose a path in AQ or War but mostly in Event quest. Choosing your champions for a team). Please fix it asap guys!
  • doubl3b3atdoubl3b3at Posts: 7 β˜…
    In-Game Name: doubl3b3at
    Device and Model: LG Nexus 5X
    Device Operating System: Android 8.1.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both / Verizon
    Game Mode: All game modes and menus
    Description of the Issue: I have been experiencing the issue since the 20.0 update. It takes 15+ seconds to swap between the menus.
    I can not access the Crystals Menu at all, It just freezes up when I try to access it.
    I cant pan around the AQ/AW/EQ maps because the lag is so bad, it doesn't move.
    Constant in-fight lag at the beginning of fights, and sporadic lag in-fight during personal/AI mid-combo.

I noticed the same situation as @Magonus described. Seems to work better after a device reboot, then gradually gets worse and worse.

Has there been any breakthrough on this @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra ?
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    in game name: nojokejaym
    Phone: Nexus 5
    Android 6.0.1
    WiFi
    Alliance war

so i was playing Alliance War about 2 days ago and the game crashed on me multiple times during aw, i used 4 invulnerability boost that i got no use of because of the game crashing on me and turning off my phone which lead to the timers running out on each boost, i would like to have all my boost back please and thank you, that's all i want.

Also ever since then my phone hasn't been able to connect to wifi which meant i wasn't able to log on the game lucky my alliance was still able to finish aq without me. Yesterday i just bought a new phone $1300 out my pocket because the game ruined my nexus 5 this is just for your information. Im just asking is for all 4 of my invulnerability boost back please and thank you.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    20.0 has been horrible so far and so has the last batch of iterations and the game just seems to get worse and worse which is really irritating.

This game shouldn't be lagging this much, things shouldn't load this damn slow and navigating through the sections of the game shouldn't take a minute or more for the assets to load and I know it isn't my phone or network.

My tower is literally a few blocks from my house and everything else is working perfectly fine, other games, my browser streaming and everything else so please for the love of God update your freaking servers and fix this horrendous lag that a lot of us are facing and squash all these bugs and issues to while you are at it.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I get freezes almost in every fight while start animations go (wich is a big deal, as AW/AQ/dunges has time limit per fight, and I lose like 10 secs there) and in half of the fights in general. also hard to open crystals and actually do anything literally, even open store tab or eq or change team etc, have to restart game a lot
  • The Lag issue is very annoying, it's like fighting in slow motion. Due to the lag my champs are responding slow which gives AI all the time in the world to block my attack and hit back hard. My specials get wasted and I am consuming more items than ever. KABAM needs to rectify this ASAP. AW, AQ, Monthly Quests, Arenas everything is effected since the new update.
  • mohamed_anismohamed_anis Posts: 5 β˜…
    first of all please don't tell me to go to the 20.0 lagging on android devices because i have already commented on it with everything and you didn't fix anything
    second i am an android user i have been playing the game for almost two years now and i played on 3 different android devices before the one i am using now and they never lagged and this one was working fine before thee new update first the problem was in story quest and i said not a big deal it can wait till they fix the problem and then continue my progress but now every aspect of the game is lagging its frustrating the lag is causing me a lot of fights a lot of revives and potions and boosts i am not asking for any kind of compensation again please just fix the problem i am on the edge of quitting the game
    i lost three fights this season in AW because of timing out due to lagging at the start of the fight when the fight sign hit the screen already a minute has gone from the fight and when the lagging is over and i can play normally only like a minute or less are left for me to finish my fight
    i cant progress in story quests because the of lagging
    i can't do anything because of the lag and this have never happened before
    i tried to refresh the game reinstall the game nothing changes
    kabam please fix this because i rally like the game but it is becoming unplayable and again i am not asking for anything besides the problem being fixed
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited September 2018
    I had to force quit and back out of danger rooms due to horrible lag yesterday. Paths taking 30 seconds to move, crystal openings that took longer than the thrill of the 2* hero I would receive and getting belted due to lags in fights that never seems to happen when I try to hit the AI.

Seriously, I'm starting to get the essaitch one tees with this game.
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 β˜…β˜…
    The same here Samsung Galaxy S5
  • Something to help with lag issues, try pausing the game when fight loads for about 5-10 seconds. This allows the fight to fully load, and prevents lag and choppy play.
    Which tells me, the fights need more time to load before it starts.
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 β˜…β˜…
    JDunk2291
    Samdung Galaxy S5
    Model- SM-G900W8
    Version- 6.0.1
    Cellular- T.Mobile
    MCOC Version- 20.0

Game lags on various modes; AQ, AW, Questing and in Crystal Screen
  • Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103 β˜…
    IGN: luke2080
    Device Model: Samsung S8
    Cellular or wifi: WiFi
    Game Version: 20.0.1
    Game Mode: Alliance war

Main issue: fight froze in war, Tier 2, node 18, when fighting Void while using Killmonger. I will send screenshot in a formal report. Not relevant, but super annoyed as it cost boosts and pots and I am poor. It froze, then crashed.

I have also had the app crash numerous times in various modes (in fight and not) since 20.0. This was the first in fight freeze.
  • DPool21DPool21 Posts: 47 β˜…
    From Sunday to Tuesday the game felt a little better for me after the insane lag the previous 2 weeks.

Now the last 3 days again the lag returned. How is that possible? It's unbearable, everything lags. Takes 15 second to just move between tiles when you press it. More than half of the times i join the crystal vault the game doesn't move. Swipes or taps don't work and i have to force close the app. Images of champions, profiles, events load really slow and that causes the game to lag so much. Yes it is your game not my internet! Yes both wifi and cellular!

In-Game Name: DPool21.
    Device and Model: Xiaomi Mi 5
    Device Operating System: 8.0
    Game Mode: Everywhere.
  • AngelLordAngelLord Posts: 62 β˜…
    In-Game Name: IGBSneakynow
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? Verizon, but happens on BOTH.
    Game Version Installed: Latest version of the game.
    Game Mode: Lag has been noticed in EQ, AQ, AW, Dungeons and Danger rooms....I have not noticed it in Arena...
    Description of the Issue: Lag that comes and goes...at some times things are fine, I can play normally, and then at any given time I can suddenly run into either partial lag (game is still playable but I have to adjust my timing on things in order to evade / parry, etc....) and at other times it is so bad that I actually cannot do combos...my champ will litterally pause allowing my opponent to now parry or block my attack stopping a combo midway...I have also seen it where I have used a special...like a special 2 at the end of an attack that seems to "freeze" and then the opponent blocks it and before my animation has completed I am being attacked. I recently (today) had a fight with Modok in AW where Modok seemed to teleport around the screen and suddenly I would be dead without being able to move or dodge.
  • Samsung Galaxy S 2 tab, Android
    Since the last update the game has been crashing over and over to the point where I can't play and before that freezing and very glitchy , this is the first complaint I've had with the game and wondering when or if this issue will be resolved ?
  • In Game name:Skyrogers Device and model :lenovo zuk z1 Device operating system : lolipop5.1.1. Cellular or WiFi: Cellular jio 4g. Game version installed:20.0.1 Game mode: story quest,arena quest ,alliance war,alliance,quest,event quest. Description of the issue : Any fight playing in the game starts lag ,this is so frausting.I need to take this problem right.Please !
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited September 2018
    In Game Name: AgentApoc007
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7
    Device OS: Android 7.0
    Connection: Wi-Fi
    Game Version: 20.0
    Game Mode: All

Description:

Severe lag in all modes, made me lose fights I win regularly ry
  • BloodshedzBloodshedz Posts: 45 β˜…
    Game name Bloodshedz
    Nexus 5x.
    Same lag issues with crystals,at the start of fights,and crash/ freeze in dungeons along with not letting you back into dungeons.(takes you back to main screen)

Alot of issues with this update.
    I guess for compensation for Android lag issues
    We'll all have to quit playing so we get a 5* cinimatic crystal and 3100 units to join the fight.

Yeah Kabam, we all know what you guys did for non players.

How about you compensate players who are loyal and log in day after day,year after year, and play you app despite the ongoing issues.
    Those are the players who deserve free stuff.
    Not the quitters

Just saying. Be good to your players and they'll be good to you.
  • AgentNutzNZAgentNutzNZ Posts: 69 β˜…
    AgentNutzNZ
    Samsung J5 Prime Android 7.0
    Current game version
    Fibre Line/Wifi and Mobile 4G

Issues:
    Lagging in Crystal Stash, very chunky
    Slow to move in AQ,War,Quest, Map takes time to be able to control
    Graphics, i feel play a big part in the game lag, no option to toning down background movement.
    King Groot Special 2 kills RAM with excessive sprites when exhaling poison gas, no other champ deals the same issue
    Game slowdown causing Parry issues, screen press delay.

Fixes:
    Add graphic intensity option or scale to phone capability
    Option to make background static
  • Ready Set GameΒ©
    Device: Galaxay core prime 2
    Version: 20.0
    I experience lag when it comes to the begaining of the fight along as well when i look at my roster or stache. It also lags when i have to move in war, allaince quest, or just quest in general
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 β˜…β˜…
    Sorry about the video quality, I recorded it with my old phone, this is what my game is doing.

https://youtu.be/-Y4nSTU9jpA
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Sony xperia Z2
    Android 6.0.1
    Game freezing can't move my champions and can scroll screen
  • WoodyNailsomeWoodyNailsome Posts: 86 β˜…
    Game is horrible now. Today couldn't even do easiest Danger Room due to auto fighting when not supposed to & lagging so bad that by the time it ran right i was already dead. Have been playing for almost 3 years & about done with this game.
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 β˜…β˜…
    Moderators still get on here deleting comments but they can't give us an update. Time is running out on the monthly quest, hard to play against a stack boss with nothing but lag. Can't do arenas, right now the t4 arena is running. They said to post on this thread, then delete comments.
  • In game name: Deadman035
    e53xb7k7v8ru.png
    Having lagging issues during fights in every game mode. Really bad lagging during alliance war fights making it impossible to block, parry, and use dexterity.
  • DareDvlDanDareDvlDan Posts: 84 β˜…

In-Game Name: DareDvlDan
    Device and Model: LG-V30 (US998)
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Issue occurs both on Cellular & Wifi connections
    Game Version Installed: 20.0.2
    Game Mode: Issue has been present in all modes
    Description of the Issue: Since the release of 20.0 I have been experiencing significantly more lag in game. There is a noticeable delay to most attacks and especially to blocks. I find it very difficult to Parry, intercept, or perform other very timing dependent maneuvers.
    I have also noticed that the game seems to be skipping frames at the end of a fight, for example, when finishing a fight with Stark Enhanced Spider-Man's SP2 the animation will skip the last two hits.
  • JayV429JayV429 Posts: 26 β˜…
    In-Game Name: JayV92
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S7
    Device Operating System: 8.0
    Game Version Installed: 20.0
    Game Mode: Event Quests, Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Fights would be choppy, certain hits won't register, trying to hit a special after a combo wouldn't hit
  • BFritzeBFritze Posts: 34 β˜…
    IGN: BFritze
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Android 8.0.0
    MCOC v20.0.2
    Game modes affected: Dungeon, Arena, upgrade screen, Alliance Wars, Alliance Quest.
    Issue(s): Frequent "Lost Connection" message when switching between game app and other apps (text message, Youtube, Line chat, etc.) Occurs even when switching to LINE even for a matter of seconds; it is not the app idlely timing out properly.

Frequent "problems connecting to network..." message banner. Often appears during champion rankups and upgrades.

Thank you for looking into this it's a significant time drain to deal with this and try to compete in Alliance Mode Map5x5 and Tier 4 Gold 1 war where referencing maps and other info is common, on top of Dungeons and Versus, its painful.

Thanks for your hard work Kabam, you're underappreciated.

This discussion has been closed.