**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Carnage Updated Beta Info

Comments

• Ketchup1791Ketchup1791 Posts: 114
    https://youtu.be/jzcsveA_87U

Carnage seems pretty good actually. Y'all need to chill.

Reading over his abilities didn't do much for me, but seeing him in action did. He looks like a mixture of Blade and Archangel.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    issamaf80 wrote: »
    Special 1: Frenzied Assault - Carnage hurls himself at his opponent, rending with limbs and tentacles alike. ● This attack receives +998.5 -> 1076.92 additional Critical Rate.

Special 2: Rabid Onslaught - Carnage uses his tentacles to suddenly propel himself towards his target while he strikes with his claws. ● This attack receives +1529.33 -> 1571.43 Critical Damage Rating.

What is the point of these? Did the developers forgot they introduced Diminishing Returns into the game? Cause that's hilarious. These buffs basically do nothing
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    Very disappointing, should have taken a completely different path reworking him.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Well, actually being able to log onto the beta to test things would be a good start.

I just got the cant connect error all afternoon.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Acanthus wrote: »
    issamaf80 wrote: »
    Special 1: Frenzied Assault - Carnage hurls himself at his opponent, rending with limbs and tentacles alike. ● This attack receives +998.5 -> 1076.92 additional Critical Rate.

Special 2: Rabid Onslaught - Carnage uses his tentacles to suddenly propel himself towards his target while he strikes with his claws. ● This attack receives +1529.33 -> 1571.43 Critical Damage Rating.

What is the point of these? Did the developers forgot they introduced Diminishing Returns into the game? Cause that's hilarious. These buffs basically do nothing

You’ve played himin the beta? What are your thoughts?
  • He is a lot better then he seems watch seatins video he is crazy good
  • Carnage buff is decent but I think he should be also have the same spiderman passive as Venom. Carnage should be able to attack spiderman without him being able to evade. Carnage should also be able to inflict bleed damage like Venom does with every hit. We shouldn't have to use a heavy attack or sp3 to inflict bleed damage with Carnage. Give him more health or at chance at activating regen too.
  • OnemaeusOnemaeus Posts: 54
    edited September 2018
    I agree, I was very underwhelmed with Carnage. On the flip side, I have a 5* r4 Venom and after messing around just a little bit with the beta I could not be more stoked about what they did for Venom. These two are supposed to be some of the strongest in the game (as far as the comics portray them) and it finally feels like it with Venom. I wish they would add a little something to Carnage to give him a boost for his insanity like stackable fury or even his own Klyntar rage. I guess I should also add that I have a 5* Carnage as well so I have been using them both in the Beta. I mean, Carnages defense is a bit better but the damage is still not where it feels like it should be.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    I was just hoping carnage would have gotten at least something useful added. Seems like a decent damage buff but at the end of the day hes just a crappy version of starlord that relies on the opponent bleeding.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    176 hits for my 5/65 unduped "carbage" to do in ROL WS spamming heavy and sp3 exclusively, trying to see how many bleed stacks I could get (6 briefly) BUT that WS was in perpetual bleed mode, so that was fun. Had venom, doc ock, venom pool, og spidey for synergy, so the permanent buffs were nice but you definitely don't see the rewards unless you're in a long fight.

Venom on the other hand looks better on paper cause in gameplay he was just ok. Maybe because I tried carnage first I wasn't that excited with the buffs, and for the most part once i got a spiderverse character under 20% health the true strike didn't matter much.

Both are improvements, more fun to play, but so far not "gamechangers" on the level of even the LC buff. Still testing tho.
  • PbishopPbishop Posts: 143
    They missed one thing with carnage they won’t let him carry his buffs they he stacks up from fight to fight like sabertooth yea they made him better but they did NOT make him useable in the endgame content
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    Super happy about this but why doesn't Carnage get the same ability to stop Spideys evade when, like venom, Carnage doesn't engage Spiderman's spider sense?
  • LSDinLSDin Posts: 173 ★★
    edited September 2018
    Hey All,

Thanks for your feedback on this update! While we welcome this discussion, we do want to reiterate that we will be basing our decisions on the feedback of those that have had time to use this updated Champion in the Beta Test.

This means that we won't be replying to any inquiries or threads on the Beta Updates outside of the Beta Forums and Survey, but that doesn't mean that we're not reading it!

Keep in mind, this is a Beta, and the reason we run these is to get feedback on the Updates. That means that what players see in the Beta now could change before we release an update!

How about a constant blood fed re-gen, as long as the opponent is bleeding and Carnage is close he feeds off the blood and heals .. no true strike?!? With how important that is with the new toons you release .. that should be a given

Incorporated passive Symbiotic armor?

Power Control - as an opponent is bleeding they also bleed out their power at an equal rate

Carnage should be absolute God Tier .. the Evil one

C'mon man we've all been waiting for the most amazing buff for this guy - more than any other one ever .. Make it OP .. make it Grand .. make it make up for all the problems we've endured w. the game since for how long now.

just do this Community a solid and

#MAKECARNAGEGREATAGAIN

make him future proof for upcoming fights against new toons that are planned - he really should be as powerful (if not more so) than Stark Spidey and Venom combined .. it's not like you'll buff him ever again . . ...
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    If you don't have deep wounds or assassin or despair and not a very good build like my alt's then you're going to be very disappointed in Carange.

He has a lot of potential but he needs a lot more damage and they need to slow down his bleeds, maybe a recovery like he gains life per x stacks of bleed which gets stronger as he is near them and critical goes up so does damage when bleeding.

Plus the abilities they gave venom but tweaked and more powerful plus a new special 3 nimation and I think he'll be in a really high teir.

He's somewhat better than what he was but he just wasn't impressing me enough on offense as it was taking awhile due to my build though I do like his power gain and how easy it is to get bleeds.

Venom on the other hand is a beast and really want to rank him up, was pretty impressed with him and really like a lot of what you guys did with him and he's s perfect counter to those pesky spider men.

I enjoyed using them both but Carange still takes to long to rev up and saw pretty low numbers in some fights granted I'm not optimized but the same opponent that my 4* dupe Carnage took forever to kill was destroyed by venom In a quarter of the hits.

Also i wasn't to happy with my 5* Carnage damage against winter for most of the fight.
  • JLuckyJLucky Posts: 2
    The buff to Carnage feels very meh. Still not a good champ imo. Pleased with Venom however, he turned into a great damage dealer.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    If Carnage had a persistant charge like saberman and could carry his mutations fight to fight he would be 1000x better.
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    https://youtu.be/jzcsveA_87U

Carnage seems pretty good actually. Y'all need to chill.

Showing damage output of a 5/65 champ that has got just few stats up isn't exactly a n amazing buff. Fom someone who should be a utility god he feels more like a little buffed up damage dealer
  • keen001keen001 Posts: 1
    Venom was a little bit better after buffs.
    Here is Carnage he turn out way better before the buffs. But theres more need to be fixed. He need to cause more bleed like Venom, hes Sp3 is the worst sp3 ive ever seen he hits like a cotton ball using his sp3 that need to be fixed.
    What u guys think?
  • Carnage is pretty awesome i have seen the video
    But venom needs some more work damage wise
    He has some utility but only against very few champs like spiderman and imiw we cant spend our resources for counter of 2 to 3 champs.
  • I love the update to Carnage! After S3 or heavy the bleeds continually stack is true to form . However defensively I think he could have a stronger buff.
  • in comics carnage is much stronger than venom and spider man they should do the same for the game he should a god tier
    #MAKECARNAGEGREATAGAIN
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    I haven't played with him, as I'm not in the beta; but I think this looks pretty promising. That's a massive early power gain; which should allow you to shoot of a few SP1s early to get those buffs stacked.

This should make him useful/fun as opposed to pretty useless/frustrating. Not every rework makes the champion God-tier.

Refreshing bleeds sounds great. Also, the way I read it, it sounds like he refreshes all bleeds on the opponent - I wonder, can this refresh the bleed from Double Edge? And if you have Deep Wounds, does it 'refresh' the 0.2%/pt Health loss?

That armour break/bleed ability should be helpful against Emma Frost...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I'd say I like the proposed changes from what I've seen in the Video shared here. Whether that's what comes out of it or not, I don't know. It gives him buildable usage and still stays true to the original vision of being useful for longer Fights. I like how the Power Gain feeds off of the Bleed. Well-thought out.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    I like the Buff that Carnage will have But it he still need she utility Here is my Ideas:

1-resistant to Bleed and Poison effects, decreasing their Potency and Duration by 75%

2- against Evade Champ Carnage Gain True streak as long as the evade champ Bleed or Armore Break

3 Heavy Attack can stack to 5 Armor Break

4 change he's Victory pose

• I would like when we put 10 bleeds it becomes a big bleeding and the same thing for the armor breezes it turns into pulverized armor
  • Taiphoon_zeroTaiphoon_zero Posts: 110
    I'm in beta, I have to say venom still hits like a wet noodle, counterevade is nice, but that's all, his atack is below average
  • NewDawnDebNewDawnDeb Posts: 106
    I think the carnage need some utility though like, some sort of regen like angela,some immunities and below 50 % health he should gain some sort of true damage on his hits.
  • Really enjoyed playing with him. It is amazing to now see his abilities in fights. I hope you keep him exact way after beta. Cons-sig level increase does almost nothing. At what point do we see increase? If no real increase no need to add sig stones. Con-having to give back first max 5* after testing lol. Con-not sure I would spend resources bringing to lvl 5/5 Pro Maj increase to existing champ. Fun to now play. Pro- if I get him from crystal I’m no longer cussing lol. Definitely now has value in game. Love strategy of timing special attacks with type of hit.
  • Carnage is still not good and is waste champion