**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing: The “Web-Slinger Challenge”

Comments

• RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Nice job Kabam, this quest wasn't as awful as you made it out to be. Much of that was due to the ability to go in and run a line at a time. This was a really nice feature. The last three lines in chapter 4 were tough, the champs were challenging and took some time for me to get through. "Spark" is a flying ninja, and a pain without parry, but I have to say it was Sym Spidey that kicked my rear more than any other. Cool and fun challenge Kudos. Also anyone that hasn't done it, Drax destroys Vulture, just let him spam his L1 all day. Took about 110 hits with r4 5* Drax, but so much more manageable been able to dodge the L1.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Not too bad at all, but I noticed that Miles Morales still evades like a champ even without charges, including 3 consecutive evades once. No specials used on my end. Stark Spidey was annoying, because this is my first time really dealing with him, and getting to know his animations (and the evade + attack before you can finish your attack animation thing is still present, and deadly on the last few lines). Also, latest patch still not fixed my female Champs' whiffed hits, that cost me a few fights.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Just finished 100%. Really liked this challenge it was a fun one to play. Worst for me was Spider-Man SE, probably because he's new and wasn't used to him. Once I got a rhythm going with his sp1 though he was ok. Miles was the easiest I found. Didn't evade BW once on any of the fights. No specials used on my part so stayed at 5 charges the entire fight. Looking forward to the next one.
  • kus234kus234 Posts: 170 ★★
    this is insane, not worth the time and money, Ranking up champions is hard aand even harder is getting catalyst and 5 star champs..

What do you think ppl do not have life to live?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    kus234 wrote: »
    this is insane, not worth the time and money, Ranking up champions is hard aand even harder is getting catalyst and 5 star champs..

Gaming is part of life
  • TryakshaTryaksha Posts: 202
    Tryaksha wrote: »
    Ok am not the greatest of fighters.. i am one of those impatient kinds who rushes in. I gave up at final vulture. All the Other spideys were easy to manage. But i guess the degen and my fighting stYle doesnt go well together. Congrats to people who cOmpleted.. all the best to others :smile:

You gave up at Vulture? Up to you but I would have stayed there until I Grinded for Revives. Good work though.

I just felt i couldnt complete it.. maybe i will give it a go again later one never know. probably tired after a days work. :)
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Alright I just explored it, and I can quite easily say it was one of the easiest challenges I have played. It was still challenging, but it was the easiest.

I countered original spidey with my 4/40 BW, but because he isn't stun immune, you can just bring any champ to the battle.

Symbiote Spidey was the 2nd easiest to deal with. I mean, if you don't have the right champs, he'll probably be the 2nd hardest or something. But for me, I have my 5* R4 Magik which totally decimated him after I got to my first special 2.

Spider Gwen...really?

Miles Morales was also pretty easy. The only problem was that he sometimes evaded even with no charges. That didn't really stump me, but it was quite annoying to say the least.

Lastly, the SE spidey. Gosh, this one sucked. He is ok to deal with when he has >50% health, but once he reaches below that, that 10% evade chance really shakes things up, since every evade gives him more attack. That stun immune makes him much harder too, but I managed to kill him with my SL and Thor.

So overall, pretty decent challenge. I was surprised when you said this challenge was supposed to be harder than Bautista's challenge, considering the fact I used 8-10 revives on Bautista while I never used any potions here. The life steal probably helped out a ton. So yea, thanks for the challenge Kabam!
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    kus234 wrote: »

Are you joking? the whole thing takes like 2 hours and you get 20 5 star sigs, 1k 5 star shards, t4cc, t4b, etc. You don't need any 5 stars to do it, just use 4 stars and a few revives on the last few lines.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    I found issues with Miles Morales Evade as he didn't have any stacks and kept evading anyways
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    This challenge was not harder than Bautista's challenge. It was... "pretty easy". Good job
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »
    *says rewards suck*
    completes the quest regardless

see, I knew it would happen
  • Tommy1985Tommy1985 Posts: 3
    Anyone know time for legend tag on this?
    As far as difficulty goes this was a breeze, only had to pop a few free revives. Rewards were nice as well, ended up coming out ahead on units which well is always nice.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Saying it's easy is a bit of an exaggeration. It's not a cake walk. It's easier than Bautista in some ways. It's a pain when you get a high Evade RNG. I'm finding it to be the right amount of challenge. Can't say it's that easy. Not mind-numbing either. Nice middle ground.
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    @MegaSkater67 this is ironic. A friend of mine is in your alliance, his name is zuperminer. Lol

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Saying it's easy is a bit of an exaggeration. It's not a cake walk. It's easier than Bautista in some ways. It's a pain when you get a high Evade RNG. I'm finding it to be the right amount of challenge. Can't say it's that easy. Not mind-numbing either. Nice middle ground.

I thought it was easy, that's my opinion. Am I not allowed to have a valid opinion?
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 468 ★★
    Did it with this team:

ogt8bvgedxew.png

Wasn't ready for Bautista but definitely was ready for this! Thanks Kabam! Nice rewards too :)
    Scottryan wrote: »
    @MegaSkater67 this is ironic. A friend of mine is in your alliance, his name is zuperminer. Lol

Ah yeah he joined earlier this week.
  • Pry22Pry22 Posts: 136
    Who is everyone using for the New Tech Spidey and Vulture? I found them to be the biggest challenge . Need to 100% the map now that I got one run in.
    I agree it's not "easy" but if you have the champs it's not that bad. If your willing to burn a couple items you don't need upper lvl champs.
    Pry22 wrote: »
    Who is everyone using for the New Tech Spidey and Vulture? I found them to be the biggest challenge . Need to 100% the map now that I got one run in.

I used black widow on both of them. She Isn't cosmic so can't turn off SEs AI since he's stun immune and any attempt at a heavy will get you killed, but she at least reduces his evade chance and if you stay at 3 bars of power you can use a sp3 to get out of trouble if needed. Best method for him was to bait the sp1, time it right and you'll have an opening just as he's landing. The power gain on vulture can be used to your own advantage. When I fought him, I only ever attacked after he used a special (both can be avoided if you stay at a distance). That way he never got the chance to dodge one of my attacks and my first hit never missed and left me open.
  • Pry22Pry22 Posts: 136
    Pry22 wrote: »

I used black widow on both of them. She Isn't cosmic so can't turn off SEs AI since he's stun immune and any attempt at a heavy will get you killed, but she at least reduces his evade chance and if you stay at 3 bars of power you can use a sp3 to get out of trouble if needed. Best method for him was to bait the sp1, time it right and you'll have an opening just as he's landing. The power gain on vulture can be used to your own advantage. When I fought him, I only ever attacked after he used a special (both can be avoided if you stay at a distance). That way he never got the chance to dodge one of my attacks and my first hit never missed and left me open.

Thanks for the Tip, I was wondering if Vision would be of any use as well?
  • SkylordSkylord Posts: 138
    Skylord wrote: »
    If I am going to drop and Odin to do this quest I'd like to see a 5* awkening gem ...

Not to be a ****, but an Odin? Really?

Granted we got those bonus potions and revives during the Batista quest which definitely helped but I didn't have to spend any units on that one.
    Skylord wrote: »
    If I am going to drop and Odin to do this quest I'd like to see a 5* awkening gem ...

Not to be a ****, but an Odin? Really?

Granted we got those bonus potions and revives during the Batista quest which definitely helped but I didn't have to spend any units on that one.

This was before I tried the challenge, i only spent 300 units and I went for a legend run, I was comparing to baustias which was def worthy of a 5* something maybe not awkening but more shards at least because yeah that did cost an Odin
    Vision might be ok yeah, I just prefer him to use his specials so that there's no risk of any hits missing. If they don't miss he's pretty easy, vision would probably help on cosmic spidey since his sp1 is unblockable but as long as avoid the webs and he doesn't dash forward you should be fine.
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    The spidey evade and hit bug is back. He hit and evaded at the same time. Miles morales also does that.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Used drax for both stark enhanced and vulture
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

I thought it was easy, that's my opinion. Am I not allowed to have a valid opinion?

Didn't mention you at all, actually. I said I wouldn't call it easy. I think it's an exaggeration. It's not that easy in my opinion. Don't know why you're turning that into a personal issue.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    The life transfer makes it "easy" but it is still relative. Exploring act 5.2 as a baseline it is easy. Completing master quest it is challenging. Running expert proving grounds it is hard
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    It's definitely not easy. A lot of people are bragging it's easier then it is cause they are tough cookies! That being said it's quite doable. I enjoyed it. When I took hits I didn't feel frustrated that nodes were unfair. I was frustrated cause I made a mistake.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Didn't mention you at all, actually. I said I wouldn't call it easy. I think it's an exaggeration. It's not that easy in my opinion. Don't know why you're turning that into a personal issue.

Just that people are saying it's easy and you're correcting them, implying their opinions aren't correct.