**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Medusa and the auto block [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DiegoVDiegoV Posts: 39
    So Kabam changed MD for defense, and said that when Medusa's auto block is triggered, only one instance of fury is given for MD. Attached below is a video showing three furies expire, but I've got power only for one. This messes up attack vs Medusa so much. What is up with the ridiculous bugs!
    https://youtu.be/NzDNN6IAV3M

@Kabam Lyra and mistic dispersion?
  • KwAmOnKwAmOn Posts: 108
    @Kabam Lyra was that resolved in a patch that came in a day or two ago?
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    @Kabam Lyra when you say an upcoming update, do you mean the one after this event quest? Which would be basically after this season of AW?

Because it's not in the current one.
  • Spidey081Spidey081 Posts: 34
    Hello,
    This bug has been around for at least 2 weeks now. When medusa procs autoblock it normally consumes her furies. BUt right now when she uses autoblock, the furies do not reset. this is a big issue because medusa is usually placed as a boss and the other hardest nodes in AW. If she is not losing her furies she can autoblock way more often. this needs to be fixed asap.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Interesting enough it seems to remove all her furies when facing a Kang team in arena (at least one I faced today) so maybe it's some interaction with masteries causing issue due to something Kabam tweaked?
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    After testing to see how the "Medusa autoblock doesn't consume all her fury buffs" bug worked, I think I've figured out the problem. The problem is that Medusa is wrongly consuming everything else that she has, be it buffs or DEBUFFS, before she starts consuming her furies. I dueled an alliance mate's duped Medusa with my archangel. I inflicted 6 bleeds on her. When living strands activated, she was left with 3 bleeds and 3 furies. In previous tests, I had luke cage Vs Medusa. I had 2 exhaustion debuffs on her. Likewise, when I triggered living strands, she was left with 2 fury. Meaning that she consumed 2 exhaustion debuffs and 1 fury buff. So kabam, please fix this issue.
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    If you could fix this issue, that’d be great. I solo’d every counter tactics medusa miniboss up to this point, now she just gets you to a corner, you activate living strands via a long reach special, and she is still with / furys, so i get timeouts. Fix it or disable the ability to put her on defence till it is. This is on your guys shoddy testing, not us. Dont see why anyone without a killmonger should be punished.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    this is absurd you're not fixing this immediately. She was already a good defender for AW now OP. trigger autoblock with a special? who cares! back to 3 furies.

SIDE NOTE: NO ONE WANTS AW DEF SYNERGIES. BB and Medusa as a boss? pls no.
  • TomoXrayTomoXray Posts: 42
    just had it happen in war on the boss node. used iceman, hit twice to get autoblock (ice armour stops the parry stun) and she still has 2 furies. when will this get fixed?
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi all,

The issue where Medusa’s Auto-Block consumes less than 3 Fury buffs will be resolved in an upcoming update. Thanks for your patience as we investigated this issue.

....make sure to use all the AW pots and revives you can in the meantime!

@Kabam Lyra @Kabam Lyra I just went through notes for next release, and the only fixed issue is the Mystic Dispersion one. Are the notes missing the note on this issue also being fixed? Or will it be moving to the next update?
    Leiva_dark wrote: »
    KwAmOn wrote: »
    Hi all,

The issue where Medusa’s Auto-Block consumes less than 3 Fury buffs will be resolved in an upcoming update. Thanks for your patience as we investigated this issue.

@Kabam Lyra @Kabam Lyra I just went through notes for next release, and the only fixed issue is the Mystic Dispersion one. Are the notes missing the note on this issue also being fixed? Or will it be moving to the next update?

They confirmed that this update is repaired and I hope they fulfill what they consulted with their own team. I do not see it in the notes I hope it's just not written it would be a big mistake after 1 month this error and not fix it

@Leiva_dark the mentioned it would in the quoted message, but since it didn't appear in the notes, I want to make sure Kabam can confirm this is really addressed for the release ; maybe adding that to the patch notes will give that clarity, I certainly don't feel it's fixed if it's not mentioned,when other issues had the same response and do have notes for it.
    Hi all,

They confirmed that this update is repaired and I hope they fulfill what they consulted with their own team. I do not see it in the notes I hope it's just not written it would be a big mistake after 1 month this error and not fix it

@Leiva_dark the mentioned it would in the quoted message, but since it didn't appear in the notes, I want to make sure Kabam can confirm this is really addressed for the release ; maybe adding that to the patch notes will give that clarity, I certainly don't feel it's fixed if it's not mentioned,when other issues had the same response and do have notes for it.

@KwAmOn I also hope that they respect what they said and consulted with the team that error is generating many expenses in aw because jellyfish is responsible for boss. I hope you will only forget to put it in the notes if it will not be a disappointment

Agreed, hopefully @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra can update the release notes to reflect the change. AW is intense spending due to this issue. Used to one shot Medusa before, but now I can't because I easily get cornered or block damaged to oblivion.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Hi all,

We are still working on a resolution for the issue where Medusa’s Auto-Block consumes less than 3 Fury buffs. It will be resolved in another upcoming update, but this fix is not included in the 20.1 update going out next week. Thanks for your patience!

Another back track after you told us it would. What a surprise
  • jeffgmngjeffgmng Posts: 115
    What now kabam? Please put these things in your priority together with the new contents. It’s so annoying that she would only consume 2 fury buffs. I know how to fight her but this is ridiculous. She gets living strands way toooo fast with this bug
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I fought here in arena, with AA. She removed the bleed debuff, autoblocked and parry...Nicely done. I think that she must be THE best boss in AW.
  • DiegoVDiegoV Posts: 39
    Medusa consumes 2 fury buff
    Not fixed yet
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★
    Any update?
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Hi all,

We are still working on a resolution for the issue where Medusa’s Auto-Block consumes less than 3 Fury buffs. It will be resolved in another upcoming update, but this fix is not included in the 20.1 update going out next week. Thanks for your patience!

Another back track after you told us it would. What a surprise

The post from @Kabam Lyra said an "upcoming update". It did not say the next update. You assumed incorrectly...that's on you.

Technically, if it's just "an upcoming update," that statement would be true if they ever fix it before the game is no longer supported or running.
  • U_R_Mean14U_R_Mean14 Posts: 12
    npgni35t8izg.png

I would send a video, but it would not give me that option. Throughout the fight, Medusa triggered auto block (as she does when she’s got 3 furies) but many times she would instantly start with 1 fury. If this problem extended into AW, that would put the attacker at a huge disadvantage.
    edited October 2018
    Welcome to the club. Apparently the fix is coming in "an upcoming update." It occurs in war as well. You may note that the bleed you placed on her is also missing.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/94572/medusa-and-the-auto-block-merged-threads/p1
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    Any updates?
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Bump
    This is a video from a duel, this morning.
    She is consuming my debuff instead of her fury. That's why she still have 1 fury left.
    At the end of the video when she autoblock.
    https://youtu.be/H3xCjLYYbA8
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    you could've at least remove her from occult labs while she's bugged
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Ye she’s really annoying in epicnoccult labs
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    I can't believe she made it into the latest patch like this.