**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What older devices have the best gameplay

NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
I am looking into buying an older tablet to just play mcoc on. I currently have an iPad 3rd gen. It has no apps installed but this game. The lag makes it unplayable. I am not wanting to spend a lot of money since it will just be for this game. What are some recommendations. I'm not wanting something so old that kabam will end support in the next 6 months. Thanks for any suggestions u may have.

Comments

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I got a 6th gen iPod for a decent price, it runs the game pretty smoothly. I guess it depends on your price range.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I’ve been playing for a long while on the iPad Air. I had lag for a while but I’ve hardly had any this month. I heard Turing of global chat reduces lag, seems to be working for me. Maybe and iPad Air 2 would be good. Seems to play well on Apple devices.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,424 ★★★★
    Neotwism wrote: »
    I am looking into buying an older tablet to just play mcoc on. I currently have an iPad 3rd gen. It has no apps installed but this game. The lag makes it unplayable. I am not wanting to spend a lot of money since it will just be for this game. What are some recommendations. I'm not wanting something so old that kabam will end support in the next 6 months. Thanks for any suggestions u may have.

You understand that every 3 months or so they release a new game update that further pushes whatever older device you use into further irrelevancy? Even the "new" phones of 2017 will start slowing down early next year. Just a friendly FYI.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I have an iPhone 6s. It seems to work pretty well still.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I am looking for a tablet. I am just wanting a tablet for this game when I am at home. I already have a Samsung galaxy cell phone I use but I prefer a tablet when I'm just sitting around the house.
  • SuelSuel Posts: 279
    Nokia Brick
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,734 ★★★★★
    You understand that every 3 months or so they release a new game update that further pushes whatever older device you use into further irrelevancy?

Is there already a confirmation that lag is linked to specs of device used? If, so, the lag should be consistent? It is not for me on an Android tablet.

• MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 572 ★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    You understand that every 3 months or so they release a new game update that further pushes whatever older device you use into further irrelevancy?

Is there already a confirmation that lag is linked to specs of device used? If, so, the lag should be consistent? It is not for me on an Android tablet.

If they just came out and said 'look devices older than x years or x version will face lag issues as we update and add features' then I would be ok with it but they haven't. My lag comes and goes, crystal section is terrible, fighting is grand, no issue, trying to move around a map, terrible again. As you say, its not consistent.
  • AshburnAshburn Posts: 270
    Get the pocophone f1. It's cheap, fast and gets the job done