**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Parry and yondu/Ironman I.F.

Ive recently noticed that parry doesn't work as its supposed to against these 2 champs (maybe more). If you parry yondu when he attacks you with his yaka arrow, I've found it particularly difficult, if not impossible, to stun him. The same goes for Ironman I.F., if he attacks you with... whatever his attack that does repulsor damage is.... that even though it may say you have parried the attack, it refuses to stun him. I even made sure that there were less than 4 molecular armor charges.

I guess what I'm saying is that maybe these champs need to be looked at more in depth to see what I'm referring to. I may be wrong, but that's what I have observed. If this ISNT a bug in the game, then kabam needs to either update the parry mastery or update those 2 champs to include parry stun immune on yaka arrow/repulsor attacks.

Comments

• FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    Yondu's attacks are with his Yaka arrow and thus considered ranged. Making them very difficult to parry. I am not 100% sure if it's light attacks but it has to do with that mechanic.

IMIW specifically says in his character description that certain aspects of his attacks are with his repulsor rays and cannot be parried.
  • Earth_Rick_c137Earth_Rick_c137 Posts: 147
    Domino also starts many combos with a gunshot and thus can't be parry stunned on those attacks. It's working as intended.

Dash back and stun them when they dash at you if you're not proficient at intercepting.
  • KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    Fluffy wrote: »
    Yondu's attacks are with his Yaka arrow and thus considered ranged. Making them very difficult to parry. I am not 100% sure if it's light attacks but it has to do with that mechanic.

IMIW specifically says in his character description that certain aspects of his attacks are with his repulsor rays and cannot be parried.

I understand what you mean about yondus yaka arrow, but IMIF still doesn't make sense. I looked up his abilities on repulsor attacks and all it says is that it doesn't make contact, deals energy damage, and cannot be evaded. It doesn't say anything about being stun immune on those attacks. Magneto and doctor strange only deal energy based attacks, but they are still able to be stunned on their attacks. I don't see why IMIF gets to be parry immune on repulsor (energy) attacks but they don't.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    You can parry a projectile attack, and reduce the damage, but you cannot inflict the parry stun on them, unless you are Proxima Midnight.

Yondu, IMIW and Domino have projectile attacks in their normal combos.

Dr Strange and Magneto still make contact, but the damage type is energy instead of physical. Because Kabam.

I know, we need a wikipediia on all the nuances and nonsense.
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    If they are projectile attacks could DD classic exploit that.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    If they are projectile attacks could DD classic exploit that.

Yes he can evade mid combo. But keep in mind that IW IM repulsor attacks ignore evade
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    @KRONOSDOUBLE it's listed in the description of the parry mastery. "if contact is made, stun attackers for.... ". This means that projectiles and IMIW repulsor attacks do not cause them to be stunned when parried.
  • elan0418elan0418 Posts: 53
    Yondu can be parried. His light attack is yaka arrow which can't be parried. His medium is a regular attack which can be parried. If you stand next to him, he will throw a light attack. If you move away and wait for him to dash forward and attack you, he will throw a medium which can be parried. That's how I play him. Parry his dash attack. Push him to L1 and bait his L1. Don't ever push him to L2. It's difficult to evade.