**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What do yall feel about a 1-2 month reprieve from event quests?

Comments

• AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    @AxeCopFire how am I being ignorant on this subject? I am the only one ( to my knowledge ) who has actually proposed a potential solution to solving a problem that everyone is tired of, which is the performance of this game. My solution seems pretty straight forward; stop problems being inadvertently caused by EQ's and other new add-ons (dungeons) and give the team that fixes bugs enough time to actually fix them before new problems are created

Maybe you could specify a "problem" that was created by this month's, or even last month's event quest, so that the rest of us here could have some idea of what you were talking about?
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    How do you fix something while people are still playing it, the first thing you do when you go about fixing a machine(or program) is a lock out tag out. This keeps everything the same while they fix it, suggesting that not doing a third of content or suggesting to replace EQ with a simple Gold Realm, makes no logical sense to me. If you could prove that there are no bugs in the story quest then this would be the way to go but you can't, we would be having this same discussion in a couple weeks about taking a break from the complex story Quests and doing only EQ. We would go around and around, lets be honest every time they slap a patch on this bunch of programming we call a game to keep it going for a few more days I wonder when the week or two of scheduled fixing will occur. All production lines have a week or so down every couple of months to get everything back to tip top shape.
  • KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    @Demonzfyre as I said, by not releasing new content, it will allow the team who fixes performance issues a chance to fix the problems that are already an issue.

@AxeCopFire well, yesterday for the first time in my 4 years of playing the contest my game froze right after KO'ing a Juggernaut with Red Hulk. I routinely have been experiencing the game force closing on itself, a problem that has occurred in the past but is one that has been becoming more frequent in the last few weeks and causes significant problems when in fights in AQ and War ( and uncollected when you lose half life due to a forceclose). Another issue that has been bugging the hell out of me for the last month is right when I activate a special attack after a combo on the opponent, the game lags and gives the opponent just enough time to block my special and then strike me (which is a big problem when you play uncollected EQ's because a 5 hit combo from an opponent is usually a significant amount of life lost).

Those decent examples @AxeCopFire ?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    @Demonzfyre as I said, by not releasing new content, it will allow the team who fixes performance issues a chance to fix the problems that are already an issue.

@AxeCopFire well, yesterday for the first time in my 4 years of playing the contest my game froze right after KO'ing a Juggernaut with Red Hulk. I routinely have been experiencing the game force closing on itself, a problem that has occurred in the past but is one that has been becoming more frequent in the last few weeks and causes significant problems when in fights in AQ and War ( and uncollected when you lose half life due to a forceclose). Another issue that has been bugging the hell out of me for the last month is right when I activate a special attack after a combo on the opponent, the game lags and gives the opponent just enough time to block my special and then strike me (which is a big problem when you play uncollected EQ's because a 5 hit combo from an opponent is usually a significant amount of life lost).

OMFG! THEY DONT WORK ON THE LIVE VERSION OF THE FREAKING GAME!

EQ's arent the freaking problem. In fact there hasn't been an EQ that has caused an issue like lag that I have ever seen. Dungeons would be the best example of issue based content but has less to do with the actual content vs it being an issue on the server side of things.

The issues you discribed can be caused by lots and lots of things and very well may not be game related.

I'm also done with this. You cant see past your nose on this to realize how wrong you are and how unpopular of a decision it would be to not have new content.
    @Demonzfyre what do you mean the "live version" of the game? Also, how can you say with certainty that EQ's aren't the problem? Are you currently on the Dev team and can say this is a fact? You say that "The issues discribed can be caused by lots and lots of things and very well may not be game related", so can you say that with 100% certainty that EQ's are not part of the problem. If you are 100% confident, please do cite a source so that I may be proved wrong. Until you can definitively prove me wrong with actual facts and not just say it wont work because it wont work, please stop commenting on this post, which I already asked you once to do.
    @Demonzfyre what do you mean the "live version" of the game? Also, how can you say with certainty that EQ's aren't the problem? Are you currently on the Dev team and can say this is a fact? You say that "The issues discribed can be caused by lots and lots of things and very well may not be game related", so can you say that with 100% certainty that EQ's are not part of the problem. If you are 100% confident, please do cite a source so that I may be proved wrong. Until you can definitively prove me wrong with actual facts and not just say it wont work because it wont work, please stop commenting on this post, which I already asked you once to do.

WE are playing the live version. They fix bugs on a different version of the game copied from the current version.

Can you say with 100% certainty EQ's are the issue? Can you provide actual factual data that says EQ made your game lag or crash and not your phone or internet/Wi-Fi? Where is all your facts to back up your idea that EQ's are the issue? Please show me. I'll wait.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★

I haven't experienced either of those issues this past month. Probably a compatibility issue with your device, and definitely not caused by Kabam creating a map with some enemies on it, even if 2 of those enemies are brand new.
    I think we all need to take a step back and relax for a couple seconds.

mbviyq5vt6zq.jpg

Then lets try to keep it a cool and friendly discussion.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    @AxeCopFire how am I being ignorant on this subject? I am the only one ( to my knowledge ) who has actually proposed a potential solution to solving a problem that everyone is tired of, which is the performance of this game. My solution seems pretty straight forward; stop problems being inadvertently caused by EQ's and other new add-ons (dungeons) and give the team that fixes bugs enough time to actually fix them before new problems are created

Sorry man, but your solution is impractical in that it will cause players to leave the game, revenues will drop, and it doesn't even address the core issue of unplayability. And no game is bug-free, especially for Android which seems to be the source of your grouses. Trying to make this game compatible with every Android device is highly improbable and it just won't happen. Sucks, but it is what it is.
    @Demonzfyre I have unlimited internet and play on my phone without wifi connected because its 4G LTE and 4-5 bars of internet speed, that's just on my phone though. I also play on tablet which I do have to use Wifi with, however I do experience a lot more issues with my tablet. I do routinely get disconnected on my tablet, but about the same amount that I get disconnected on my phone, so I know that my internet connection isn't the problem.

I do not believe that EQ's are causing 100% of the problems. I do however believe that 2 new champions every single month does cause new problems. I also believe that dungeons are a big problem for performance as well, considering that a lot of my problems have gotten way worse ever since they were introduced again. But keep in mind that there were already problems with performance way before dungeons were re-introduced.

As the content creators of the game create new (and exciting) aspects of the game for us to enjoy, they also inadvertently create new problems or worsen existing ones. And the only major aspect that is always continually changing in the game are EQ's. Based on that, I can infer that while they may not be the only problem, they are a problem nonetheless and it must be addressed
    @Demonzfyre I have unlimited internet and play on my phone without wifi connected because its 4G LTE and 4-5 bars of internet speed, that's just on my phone though. I also play on tablet which I do have to use Wifi with, however I do experience a lot more issues with my tablet. I do routinely get disconnected on my tablet, but about the same amount that I get disconnected on my phone, so I know that my internet connection isn't the problem.

I do not believe that EQ's are causing 100% of the problems. I do however believe that 2 new champions every single month does cause new problems. I also believe that dungeons are a big problem for performance as well, considering that a lot of my problems have gotten way worse ever since they were introduced again. But keep in mind that there were already problems with performance way before dungeons were re-introduced.

As the content creators of the game create new (and exciting) aspects of the game for us to enjoy, they also inadvertently create new problems or worsen existing ones. And the only major aspect that is always continually changing in the game are EQ's. Based on that, I can infer that while they may not be the only problem, they are a problem nonetheless and it must be addressed

All I read was "I had a couple of issues and it can't be on my end so let's place blame on the game". Cool story bro. I'm out.
    @AxeCopFire @Addyos I do play with android, and while it sucks that Kabam prefers IOS devices, I do understand and am at peace with the simple fact that android will never perform as good as IOS. I am not at peace with the ridiculousness of these problems many of us experience.

And as for revenues, Kabam makes thousands, if not millions, of dollars off of people buying their "special" offers. I do not understand how a multi-million dollar gaming company can make so much money and not spend enough of it to fix some fundamental problems a vast majority of us experience.
    @Demonzfyre all you are doing is just taking up space on this thread. this is now the 2nd time you have said you are done commenting on it. I think its funny that you keep going back on what you said lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    @Demonzfyre risks are always an option. I think that if Kabam did decide to take up my proposal, they would compensate us for the down time with maybe a gold realm or something. Perhaps even a "Summoner Appreciation Month" with 4 weeks of events like goldrealms and other things that will keep us busy while they take some time to fix a lot of issues.

Let me get this straight. You want them to forego EQ, which many people rely on, in order to work on issues when that won't resolve things any faster than turning off the microwave so your oven gets hotter. You then want them to compensate for lost playing with Gold Realms, while you personally focus on Story. Did I miss anything?
    @GroundedWisdom 1.) EQ is the only aspect of the game that changes routinely (monthly), which leads to me infer that while it may not be causing 100% of the problems, it must be causing a good amount. 2.) I said that they COULD compensate for disbanding EQ's with a gold realm and other simple events. I really don't care or want them to, but its an option if they felt inclined to compensate. 3.) I would only focus on story quests as a result of EQ's being disbanded temporarily. I am not asking for EQ's to be disbanded for my own personal advancement in story quests, I am asking for them to be temporarily disbanded due to my inferring that they may cause more and more problems than can be solved by the Team that fixes bugs
    @Jamiefyffe16 you are a liar. Plain and simple. How many times do I have say that I want performance issues to be fixed. I do not want everything to slow down just so I can "catch up", I want something to actually be fixed, not have a band-aid put over it. Open your eyes and don't be blindly lead like a sheep
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    This just comes across as greedy and selfish. You want to catch up to others who have put time and effort into the games story mode while preventing them from getting more rewards through EQ to try and catch up a bit.
    On top of that, in what world would game design also be in tech support? Taking a month off of EQ design wouldn't allow anything to be fixed it would just allow that department a month off or at best Act 6 to be released and then you get to fall behind on that as well.
    @Jamiefyffe16 while it would be a benefit, it is not the main reason why I want EQ's temporarily disbanded. I want PERFORMANCE fixed! Whatever that takes, I'm game.
    edited September 2018
    @ArcDeAngelus do not come on here and comment on my thread until you have read all the comments and posts. please go back and re-read if you want to discuss
    fdvs0c7wbjf4.jpg

Please
    I'm done arguing for the night. I have other things I have to do tonight. Whatever eles is posted, I will respond to it in the morning. Until then, if you do post on this thread, do not say how I'm just wanting EQ's disbanded for my own personal gain. Go through and read all of the posts and decide for yourself. Don't read just the first post and assume off of that. Goodnight
    @Welderofortune I am all about settling this calmly and rationally. However, it is very frustrating when people accuse you of things that aren't true. Again, im getting off for the night. go through and read everything that has been posted before posting yourself
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    You are wanting it for personal gain but your lack of reflection doesn't seem to allow you to see that. At best all it would do is increase arena scores even higher because those at the top wouldn't have anything else to do which would lead to more whining about high cut off scores.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Give the OP the herbivore benefit of the doubt. @KRONOSDOUBLE, I understand your concern and am equally unhappy with the lags, disconnects, etc that bmevery update seems to bring. But removing eq for Ann extended period of time is not gonna fix Alot. Assuming they take away eq and make the game stable. Who's to say that the eq itself won't cause any problems once it comes back? We'd just come back to the same situation again.
  • DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★
    edited September 2018
    Reading through this post, I did debate adding in my two cents, because it seems like additional opinions aren't necessarily being welcomed, but hey, that's never stopped me before.

OP - Several people have said that removing EQ for a period of time will spell the death of the game. They are right. I'm going to try to explain why below.

There is a tremendous amount of resources, time, energy and effort for this game that are all drawn from EQ for the players. Removing that will cause boredom, and boredom makes people leave. Whether or not it is intended with the best reasons (such as addressing bug fixes) - boredom, especially in a mobile game, makes people leave. Keep in mind that that is the one thing that they CANNOT and WILL not ever risk, no matter the potential benefit.

The other side of this you aren't taking into account is time and people. Let's assume they have a team of 5 dedicated coders who focus on fixing bugs. 40 hours a week across 5 people is 200 hours. In reality, it's probably closer to 100-150 hours actually coding when you take into account the standard runnings of an office. Let's assume 150 hours in a given week is dedicated to fixing issues.

What's involved in a fix? Break that down -
    • Identifying the issue and who/what it impacts (with as many supported devices as there are, this is the single hardest thing to do, especially if the issue isn't consistent)
    • Identifying a fix
    • Scheduling when the fix will be implemented
    • Coding the fix
    • Quality checking the fix to see if it fixed the issue (if not, go back to previous step and potentially reschedule fix implementation)
    • Implementing the fix

At any given time, dozens of bugs (if not more) are being addressed in a similar flow, and are ALL at different steps in the process. In addition to that, all of them get dropped to address any high-volume, high-impact issues that need to be taken care of NOW NOW NOW. (Corporate world calls them Fire Drills.) The only way, in theory, to be able to address and fix more of these issues in the same amount of time, would be to hire more people (often not feasible depending on team structure, cost and management). You cannot take the developers from the EQ team, as that is very likely a different skillset and not one transferable.

Even IF they were to do your suggestion (and that is an IF that is unlikely to ever happen), and no new content was put out to help "fix" all of the issues - that doesn't give them more hours in a given week. That doesn't mean that there is going to be room on a build for the fixes that they have in place. It doesn't mean that Quality would have enough time to properly verify that the fix addresses the issue. In the end, it would do nothing more than drive players away. (2 months is an extremely LONG amount of time in-game. That's 2 Alliance War seasons.)

When you remember, as well, that MUCH of Kabam's content for this game is driven by MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) movies/shows - the events which are planned months and even years in advance, are tied to those. They can't be moved or canceled.

The last point you have challenged multiple people on in this thread is that no one else is offering a viable solution for how to address the bugs in game, so here, I'll present you with one -
    1. When a high impact, high-volume bug is reported - Kabam should post it on the forums and solicit player feedback to better understand when/where/why it is happening
    2. When an issue is discovered - Kabam should also have a form that can be submitted to show that this is happening and have a record of the bugs
    3. They should have an active "bug list" of sorts, with main player bugs/concerns that show where they are at in the steps of the process I described above, so players have updates without constantly having to ask moderation teams for them

They already do the first two, but could perhaps do them in a more organized manner, and I firmly do believe they should implement the third. What you're really asking in your posts is for them to fix the issues with the game, and to stop creating new ones for a time period to get us back to "good". I think you need to shift your expectations a little bit. Every game always has bugs that come out - always. That's not going to change, ever. The playing field is even (if frustrating), because we all deal with the bugs. Kabam doesn't WANT to put out more bugs - they want to keep us happy and playing, and are doing everything in their power to make that happen.

tl;dr - No, it's a bad idea. Taking a break from EQ wouldn't add more time in a week for the people fixing things, and would only serve to make the player base bored, which will make players leave.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    @Welderofortune a little extreme there suggesting a 2 week break from everything. all I want is a month or 2 at the most off from EQ. Not for my personal benefit, for the benefit of the battlerealm as a whole

@NOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Yes, there are definitely 2 different teams that deal with creating content and fixing bugs. However, the team that is creating content is also inadvertently creating problems faster than the bug fixing team can fix them

So it's extreme to take a break from the things that you want to complete but not to take one from the things that are "slowing you down from completing story", which would leave a large portion of people with absolutely nothing to do in the game. Neat.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Jamiefyffe16 you are a liar. Plain and simple. How many times do I have say that I want performance issues to be fixed. I do not want everything to slow down just so I can "catch up", I want something to actually be fixed, not have a band-aid put over it. Open your eyes and don't be blindly lead like a sheep

This is one of my favorites! Anyone who doesn't agree are blind sheep lol. Never saw a lead sheep though...
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    The only change that should happen yesterday is Uncollected can access master EQ without paying for it and by completing (but not exploring) Heroic.

It makes no sense at all to allow access to the highest tier of EQ but not Master.

That alone would help everyone, the legend runners will still 100% H+M, the people with far more patience than myself will explore everything.

Regular non obsessed folk can get some rewards by completing both and still have time/inclination to go after Story mode (to give easy access to Master, Uncollected EQ plus all the other benefits) as well as play special events.

Just to clarify, I have not completed 5.2 and I don't bother exploring Master any more because exploring one EQ is enough of a boring grind.
This discussion has been closed.