**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

16.6 million and no featured. What is happening.

2»

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    There won't be a difference. There will always be someone willing to grind and spend more for than you for a certain champ.

Cutoffs will just keep going higher as people, afraid of losing, keep putting up higher and higher scores.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Challenger wrote: »
    um0p3pisdn wrote: »
    X_Scott wrote: »
    I seriously wouldn't have grind for him but I opened all of my five star featured crystals (6 total, 75k shards) and DID NOT get him. I was saving to dupe iceman but i opened 1, didn't get him, then thought "he has to be next" until I ran out. That forced me into arena. I think arena should give the top 1% the featured. 800 is not enough for what it takes to get a 4 star. My streak was around 450s with constant boosts and refreshing with units on last day

LoL same boat as you, was saving for iceman.. . .then spidey stark came with his awesome-sauce and i also went 0-6. . . .pretty horrible feeling . . .gotta save shards til November lol. . .did arena as well but didnt place as high as you ;)

7u66wgp8zb76.png

If you could, can you tell how much you scored to place 168? Just want to see how crazy it gets in this arena

This was my score if it helpst21skwd34mhx.png
  • SupaflyaznSupaflyazn Posts: 75
    X_Scott wrote: »
    Can we please add a title for 2nd and 3rd place? Like Almost Got Him?4vf8g5bg24t0.png

Awesome job @X_Scott! How much did you put up? I missed him with 16.1M, but I ended up deciding to crack a 5* Aspiring Avenger crystal with 5 minutes left in the arena, and got this... l1dhmc0fn1oo.png
  • IdontinksoIdontinkso Posts: 156
    Thanks for posting totals, nice scores.

Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    It's not kabams fault that players put up that many points. I like the arena system because it's meant to be player vs player. Players compete against one another so some spend way more time to get a champ than others and as a veteran player, I don't think it's worth grinding for new 4* featureds

I think it is precisely Kabam's fault for creating a broken system where only the richest who have more time in the game and spend money can win. And it's their fault for putting 5*s in a 4* arena.

They can fix it, but it might be their new way to milk the whales , so it may never change. It is killing interest in a part of the game for a large segment of players though so that might be a cost they may not have calculated in enough or even thought of in their formula.

• um0p3pisdnum0p3pisdn Posts: 59
    I dont think anyone needs a huge stable of 5*s to get a featured hero, you need aroud 1500 units for refreshes or a lot of time. . ..I've went for featureds before and got top 800 without refreshing. .. takes more time, around 400-500 wins compared to 200-300 while refreshing.

Using 30units on boosted 4* 5/50s (2matches) nets more points than using 30 units on 5* 4/55s (1match)

I love the idea of a "resource" arena though ;)
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Dezz_1 wrote: »
    Can someone please explain how this cutoff system work?

You aren't scoring enough points.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    competition is happening
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    You can take the five stars out of the arena but it won't help you from people who have 80+ four stars. The only thing that having five stars in the feature arena helps is when someone decides to do both arena.
  • ClovaHClovaH Posts: 5
    Idontinkso wrote: »
    I just see the curve being skewed way too high for a large segment of players that are in moderate to advanced level of play. I will soon have 3 5*s but without them being rank 4s and a big stack of Units to recharge and repeat fights with them it's folly now to me to compete for any hero that would make any improvement to my team. The relevance of the top prizes in arena for a player my range of progression of the game is now about meaningless.

I didn't know a 5* arena is coming, When it does, the 5*s fightng in the 4* featured need to go

Hate to break it do you but with your roster you're not meant to win the best 4* champs from arena. It's a competition and the people with bigger and better rosters have an advantage, and rightfully so.

Not everyone can win the champions. If you want it bad enough, spend more units to refresh. If it's not worth it to you then don't complain when you don't win it.

Maybe the other champ arena's are better for you until you build a better roster. Try going for the "bad" or less wanted basic champs. Joe fixit was only 1.8 mil cutoff. Or try going for old featured champs that are low cutoff (usually 6-8 mil points). Be patient, build your roster, and eventually you can compete.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Back in the old system, 14m for feature wasnt unheard of. Now, with 5*s in the mix, of course scores are going to increase.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Vicayne wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Vicayne wrote: »
    Am I angry, yes! After playing this game for two years I still don't understand why Kabam thinks people either 1) need to have no life to have the latest and greatest or 2) have an open wallet with a direct link to Kabam's bank account.

You are essentially describing all competitions with a limited number of awards.

The difference being, this is a game, not a sport, not an esport or a poorly designed one. Esports are based on skill, not expendable income. Sports or contests like this, in general are based on skill, not expendable income (unless you're talking the lotto).

If it's a competition, it needs to be a level playing field.

There are many competitions that are not generally described as "games" nor as "sports" or "esports." The real world doesn't honor your definitions. Here's one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DARPA_Grand_Challenge.

Also, "competitions" in general do not honor your requirement that they mandate a perfectly level playing field. Professional golf, for example, allows the players to choose their own equipment. This means players that can afford better clubs can have a distinct advantage over other players. Not to mention the fact that golf generally requires a level of practice that is significantly time consuming.

Need an example of a competition that is not a game, not a sport, not an esport, that ordinary people participate in, that is not mandated to occur on a level playing field, that people devote hundreds of hours to, that provides a significant advantage to people who spend more money, and has a limited number of prizes? Okay: here you go: https://www.comic-con.org/cci/comic-con-2017-masquerade-rules

In the real world, competitions come in many varieties. MCOC is not unique in any of the properties of its competitive elements.
  • IdontinksoIdontinkso Posts: 156
    I'm just fine with being out rostered in 4*s , If I don't have the best team, fine...it's just that 5*s are kind of in their own league and it skews the cutoffs too high. Also, It is kind of a waste of good champs when the players who really don't need them for anything but PI are snapping them up and probably not even playing them much for most uses. Kabam said they were looking for more balance in the arenas with the redesign and it had gotten worse, not better.

Tldr... It's like pro players coming into college games and running up the scores
  • Billybob1971Billybob1971 Posts: 113
    What can you do really?

It's the same for lower level players like me, I can't even do the 2 and 3 star Vs as I don't have enough 3 star heroes, but can easily top bracket in 2* Vs, to get shards and premiums for yet more 2* dupes, yay.

The game matches your roster, you can try in better Vs modes but you will get utterly owned, so best to simply admit you can't hold to compete and play in the one that suits you, or play in a few that do
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Idontinkso wrote: »
    I'm just fine with being out rostered in 4*s , If I don't have the best team, fine...it's just that 5*s are kind of in their own league and it skews the cutoffs too high. Also, It is kind of a waste of good champs when the players who really don't need them for anything but PI are snapping them up and probably not even playing them much for most uses. Kabam said they were looking for more balance in the arenas with the redesign and it had gotten worse, not better.

Tldr... It's like pro players coming into college games and running up the scores

There's the beginners and intermediate brackets to help people ease in. Before 5*s were allowed in the featured arena, cutoffs were in the similar range as they are currently. It's not the 5*s or the champs allowed, but rather, the effort.

So if you don't want to commit what it takes to win the champ, then you don't deserve it.
  • VicayneVicayne Posts: 25
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    There are many competitions that are not generally described as "games" nor as "sports" or "esports." The real world doesn't honor your definitions. Here's one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DARPA_Grand_Challenge.

Also, "competitions" in general do not honor your requirement that they mandate a perfectly level playing field. Professional golf, for example, allows the players to choose their own equipment. This means players that can afford better clubs can have a distinct advantage over other players. Not to mention the fact that golf generally requires a level of practice that is significantly time consuming.

Need an example of a competition that is not a game, not a sport, not an esport, that ordinary people participate in, that is not mandated to occur on a level playing field, that people devote hundreds of hours to, that provides a significant advantage to people who spend more money, and has a limited number of prizes? Okay: here you go: https://www.comic-con.org/cci/comic-con-2017-masquerade-rules

In the real world, competitions come in many varieties. MCOC is not unique in any of the properties of its competitive elements.

Really?!?? These are your examples?

The DARPA Grand Challenge is not a game like MCOC. It's a research challenge, fully funded by an arm of the US department of defense. What does this mean, everything you need to compete is provided to you by the United State military. Nice try.

Golf. A gentleman's game that has evolved into a rageful Sunday drinking day with the boys. Where even the fanciest, most expensive equipment does nothing without skill. Oh but wait, you said professional golf. Need I remind you that professional golfers do not buy their own equipment. Their equipment is provided by their sponsors. Yes, paid professionals are sponsored and paid to play a game. All those Titlest and Nike visors, Bank of America, AT&T, and Nationwide club bags and other sponsor gear you see on tour, yeah, those sponsors pay for the gear. The players skill got them to the point that corporations pay them to advertise their products. Wow, what a concept!

And lastly, the coup de grâce, your cosplay competition. People dressing up in their best Halloween regalia to curry the favor of judges. The best part about this, there is ample opportunity, with advanced forewarning, to plan, prepare, design, and build their costume. You generally have months to do this. Unfortunately, your skill, time, and money are no match for the critical eyes of. . . . Judges!!! All that planning, all that money wasted. All those long evenings sewing, stitching, and welding your creation. You even put in the animatronic decombolutor with dual servos that took two weeks to get working correctly. And you got second place to some two-bit lackey that put in a quarter of the work you did and it looks like he did his a week ago. What was so "original" about his costume that the judges overlooked all that hard work you put into yours?

Remember, this is a GAME!!! The playing field should be level. I'm not asking for a participation trophy. That's what milestones are for. I'm stating, it is not currently an equitable system in the veteran bracket to have as many people as there are with 1600 available prizes over the course of two arenas to be held at the mercy of those willing to break the bank over the most sought after champions.

Why do I have to be penalized because my life did permit me to do the first round of the arena? My score was ample for the first round. As soon as word spread how god tier the new Spider-Man was, everybody had to have him. Even with a 531 match win streak putting up 16.3 million points, it wasn't enough because I don't have the 5 stars or the open wallet to match.

Oh well, you guys enjoy paying for pixels. I'll enjoy paying to house and feed my family and try to enjoy playing this GAME for what it's suppose to be, a fun challenging break from reality.