**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] 20.0 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    My device is the older samsung tab 2
  • xafixafi Posts: 13
    edited September 2018
    In-Game Name: ShahiXafi
    Device and Model: Xiaomi Redmi 5+, 3GB
    Device Operating System: Android 8.1.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, Airtel
    Game Version Installed: 20.0.2
    Game Mode: Aw, Aq, Arena and whenever I try to open crystals
    Description of the Issue: Every time I'm on Aq or Aw map, spectating or trying to decide which path to take, it takes a hell lot of time to move, like it freezes. also when starting a fight, game lags a lot, whenever I approach a sp1 or sp2, game lags and I end up not activating it, instead take hits. another thing is the crystals section, game freezes right there, like its loading all the resources or graphics there and when its done it's normal again, which it never is and I have to restart the game.
  • mad410mad410 Posts: 39
    mad410 wrote: »
    In-game name: mad410

Device: Xperia X F5121

Operating system: Android 8.0.0, 34.4.A.2.107 build, August 1st security patch

Cellular or wifi: no difference

Game version installed: 20.0.1

Game mode: all

Description of issue: worse by the day. Game freezes, it's past lagging. Only have time now for AW for example. Overall game starts fine and in like 10 minutes feels like running a 2018 game on a pentium 1 or later 😅

It's no use describing all since I bearly get time to do AW fights. Any more is impossible. So AW wait and AQ. EQ, arena, danger rooms are a distant dream.

All I am permitted to do is help team AW and AQ and NOTHING MORE! SINCE AW season just started you have till end to fix or I'm forst to quit my boys after almost 2 years!

CAN'T PROGRESS JUST ON AW AND AQ!
    Compensations is a dream since I basicly can't play! Just fix!

Game got worse after patch for the new AQ went life, problems started with 20.0 update but game feels like worsens by the day since that update. Might not manage the little that I can now in near future at this rate.

Happy to announce game is functional again!

All Sony! Received update for my device few hours back and Mcoc works perfectly again. They fixed everithing kabam messed up!

Support tiket too at start of issue. No response what so ever!

Thank you for nothing KABAM!!!
  • mkuhn19mkuhn19 Posts: 91
    LG V10
    Android 6.0
    WiFi and cellular....Verizon
    Game lags, closes by itself at the start of a fight causing me to lose half health,....this has happened in AQ, AW
    If I change screens from game to line app......it now always says connection lost....and I have to log in again
    I.D......mkuhn19
  • I have issus for playing mcoc is very lag after 10 minutes playing.i use huawei p9 lite is not happen before update
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    In-game name: Magrailothos°
    Motorola G5Plus
    Android 7.0;
    Same problems on WiFi or cellular (Vodafone)
    latest MCOC update (unfortunately).
    Game mode : basically all of them - see below for details. This afternoon (morning, your time) was particularly bad.

I've never had too much trouble with lag until the last few days; presumably because I auto-updated on 9/19. Since then, my issues are so much like @Darkstar4387 that I've partly cut/pasted them:

1. The loading screens are very slow.
    2. On any non-fight screen (crystals, champions, team building selection for fights), the assets are taking forever to load. It can take a couple of minutes just to scroll down my list of champions.
    3. Starting the game, everything is slo-mo with intermittent freeze for the first ten seconds; which is a long time against a 30k PI Emma Frost. Pausing the game and waiting twenty seconds during the running-in sequence seems to help with that; but that doesn't help the overall flow of the game, and still takes time even if my champs no longer get kicked to shreds
    4 - Frequent crashes, from almost any static screen but quite rarely from fights themselves. The game just turns off.

No overheating, at least!
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    In-game name: Magrailothos°
    Motorola G5Plus
    Android 7.0;
    Same problems on WiFi or cellular (Vodafone)
    latest MCOC update (unfortunately).
    Game mode : basically all of them - see below for details. This afternoon (morning, your time) was particularly bad.

I've never had too much trouble with lag until the last few days; presumably because I auto-updated on 9/19. Since then, my issues are so much like @Darkstar4387 that I've partly cut/pasted them:

1. The loading screens are very slow.
    2. On any non-fight screen (crystals, champions, team building selection for fights), the assets are taking forever to load. It can take a couple of minutes just to scroll down my list of champions.
    3. Starting the game, everything is slo-mo with intermittent freeze for the first ten seconds; which is a long time against a 30k PI Emma Frost. Pausing the game and waiting twenty seconds during the running-in sequence seems to help with that; but that doesn't help the overall flow of the game, and still takes time even if my champs no longer get kicked to shreds
    4 - Frequent crashes, from almost any static screen but quite rarely from fights themselves. The game just turns off.

No overheating, at least!

Exactly the lag and a large chunk of the issues strictly came from 20.0 and the subsequent updates and it's been nearly a month since the game hasn't lagged much.
  • KILLA_KAILzKILLA_KAILz Posts: 19
    IGN: KILLA_KAILz
    HUAWEI P20 LITE
    Cellular and WiFi
    All game mode except arena
    During a fight it lags when everyone you hit a lot of the times it lags when getting a critical hit. Sometimes it crashes during aw/aq and quests and I lose half of my health which I can't get back. Just did dungeon 7 about 10 minutes ago and on the 1st room I lost 2 of my top champions due to lag and when I went in to fight again the game crashed and I got so mad I didn't even boot the game up to finish the fight so my partner and I didn't get anything from that dungeon. You guys need to fix this it's been going on for a year.
  • paipaisanpaipaisan Posts: 0
    edited September 2018
    hi there.i can access my alliance.when i press alliance button then it suddenly hang.what should i do? i play on samsung a5 2016.thanks
    4i5e0g35xc4l.png
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    No updates ? Would like to know when this is being fixed, it's making just accessing modes a boring slogh since the loading screens are long as hell, it's making just navigating and scrolling up and down and checking the different tabs take minutes which shouldn't happen in this day and age.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Everything has been a lot less bad today. Maybe I posted a bit early and there were issues beyond Kabam's control yesterday.

Certainly much less lag in opening fights or selecting champions.
  • n7uis3xkvc2t.png

Wifi and cellular

Crashing and laging in all events
  • HopeasilmuHopeasilmu Posts: 212
    In-Game Name: Kinksutin
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017)
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both. Mobile carrier is Elisa.
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Seriously slow main screen, map screen and fights. The whole phone is lagging whenever mcoc is on. RAM full too from mcoc.
  • lockitup11lockitup11 Posts: 28

In-Game Name: lockitup11
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S7)
    Device Operating System: Android Version 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Mode: Lag is consistent throughout the content, including arena, AQ, AW and event quest fights, ROL and danger rooms.
    Description of the Issue: Not sure if phone age is an issue, but the graphics at times has extreme lag, with mine and opponents dash backs and attacks not responding for a few seconds at a time. Sometimes it's not quite as bad and just a little slow which I can get used to, but causes issues when fighting harder champions and I don't want to take any hit damage. Also the game is extremely slow when hitting the help button for my champions after arena fights, or the help button in the Alliance section for other members.
  • Mfisher26Mfisher26 Posts: 12
    Ign:bigfish53
    Device: samsung Galaxy s8+
    Game OS :20.0.2
    OS device: 8.0.0
    Cellular or wifi: both cellular 4glte data and wifi 5g

The game is very unresponsive at best the lag kicks in right around 4hit combo mark or after a dash back and while holding block. The game has become so unplayable this month that I cant even finish masters event quest or uncollected quest. With out spending a ton of units on revives just to have the same thing happen again and again. It's almost to the point that I just want to quit the game in general and find something else to do with my time I spend in game. But every day I hop on wistfully thinking that it will get better and it doesnt. Please resolve this issue sooner than later
    Thanks
  • RJ03RJ03 Posts: 67
    edited September 2018
    In-Game Name: JPPR03
    Device and Model: Xiaomi Redmi 4
    Device Operating System: 6.0.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 20.0
    Game Mode: Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: My phone worked allways fine, no lag/freezing.. but after this last update its getting worse..
    It happens at start of fight, and in AQ or AW Maps... its hard to move in the map, it freezes/lags.. its not my device for sure, because like i said it worked very well until this...
    Event/Missions map i did not find this bug...
    Sometimes it happens 1 or 2 freezes in gameplay...
  • doubl3b3atdoubl3b3at Posts: 7
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra Still radio silence on this. we just want an update that's not, "we're looking into it."

To add to my previous post in this thread, I updated to 20.0.2, and the lag seemed to dissipate some. Turns out, the lags just occur in different places now.
    Previously, it would be near impossible to pan around a Map to see what was ahead. That doesn't seem to be an issue now. However, now the lag in-fight is way worse. I have constantly missed parries and evades in AQ because the game lags right when I need to parry or swipe back; thus throwing off the timing...

Can we please expedite a fix for this??!!
  • RJ03RJ03 Posts: 67
    My lag/freeze unplayable game Just started since the Last update (1 or 2 das ago)!! It was something changed in the Last update..

Kabam fix this.. Its so bad.. I never had this issues... It makes the game unplayable..
  • wensan312wensan312 Posts: 12
    Hmm as usual comment was deleted for no reason sigh.......

Not going to constantly put the same information every time since they in my previous comments but I guess I have to sigh.

Moto E4 plus & Moto E4
    Android 7.1.1
    WiFi & Cellular data 4g lte
    Darkstar4387 & Silenthitman44
    All the updates

Just fix these issues they have been gone on long enough without a resolution or much input from y'all on why it's still going on and why Android users seem to get dealt the short end of the stick

1. The loading screens are slow as hell.
    2. Navigating the different screens is a nightmare due to how long they take to load and respond.
    3. The assets are taking forever to load which effects number one and two making everything slow to a crawl, for example.

A. Going to open crystals and waiting for the assets to load, scroll and open the various crystals is taking minutes and occasionally will navigate away from the screen which makes it a nightmare just do stuff.
    B. Going to the champion screen to check information or level up or rank up champions is taking minutes do to the slow assest loading, it takes forever for it to happen and scroll down and occasionally it will go back to the previous screen which makes doing stuff a slow nightmare.
    C. Team building is taking forever due to the slow asset loading, scrolling just unresponsiveness which occasionally will go back to the other screen making it a nightmare to do simple things
    D. Rearranging the defense is taking forever to for all the same reasons and so is just hecking the defender information during the war.
    E. Sometimes during aq aw the champions will slow down and take up to 10 seconds to reach each and start the fight.
    F. There are some massive control issues, massive timing issues with block/ evade/ combos/ specials/ causing some fights to be absolute nightmares and frustrating you because you know their range and from your perspective you can see you evade attack, block only for it to still hit you or block to not work or fail.
    G. Rampant network "connection issues" otherwise known as it's your fault not ours nayaya nah.
    H. Disconnections when going to other apps.

I know these issues are not due to my phone itself due to literally everything else working just fine, streaming, playing other (more) demanding games, listening to music, using other apps, and everything else plus my tower is a block away so yeah not on my end.

If something isn't done you will start to lost even more players then you already all and eventually start losing more and more money when people stop spending due to the busted almost unplayable frustrating mess that this game can become sometimes.

You guys have had a disasterious year something needs to give soon and something needs to make us feel like you're listening to us and that you apriceiate us.....

Omg, this is exactly happen to me for ALL of them. Thanks for the write up. Hope kabam fix it with root cause announce to us soon.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    Device: LG Arisrto 2
    Android: 7.1.2
    Both data and wifi
    Game version: 20.01

Issues affecting all areas of gameplay. Heavy lag. Unresponsive controls and inputs. Champions doing wrong actions, ex: punching when i swipe forward for dash. Blocking or punching instead of dashing back.

Sometimes champions will charge heavy with no way to release it except when getting hit by opponent only for my champ to go back to charging heavy again.

Game freezing, stuttering, or champions just standing still while ingame and fighting. Long loading and gane will disconnect if switching between aps such as line.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    Edit; wanted to add, battery drains extremely fast. Phone overheats.

Also, every update gets progressively worse since around modoks lab.

Issues in game become even more problemic when dungeons are active whether or not i participate in them.

Requesting help in arena lags game when those requests are granted. I just stopped using the request function on arena altogether.
  • Please Fix This! LG Aristo . Lag in the crystal section and a lot of lag during Alliance War attack phase it's just terrible
  • Anghel_2403Anghel_2403 Posts: 52
    Xxanghel2403xX
    Motorola moto G4 plus
    Android 7.1.1
    Data and wifi
    Latest version
    It is in general the whole game, although it is impossible to enter the glass camera, it literally does not let
    Basically since this update the game is technological junk, you can not do anything, and not only is it on Android or cell phones from 1 or 2 years ago, new cell phones and even iPhone also have this problem, notice or start to change this for the next update or the new threads will be campaigns to leave this game
  • Rayblade

Moto G4 play

WiFi

V20.02 09/19/2018

Store quest, AQ, and AW

During AQ and AW my champions were paralysed during attack and beaten without block or any chance of defense. On last war, the lag was so big that screen was in slow motion mode.

During store quest several times my champions lost the block and moved to forward, while the enemies were attacking him.
  • IGN: XtremeMachine
    Device: LG V20 (T-Mobile)
    Cell or Wifi: Both
    Game Version: 20.0.0 to 20.0.2
    Game Mode: Monthly & Event quests, Arena, AQ, AW, Opening game, loading crystals.
    Description of Issues: upon opening the game, there is noticeably lag loading everything really slow. Clicking on the crystals tab, it loads very slow, like a freeze while it loads. After it loads and you hit open crystals, the loading of all the crystals to spin is very laggy. In quests, when trying to use energy and move, its really really slow, not fluid at all, could never do a legend run if its gonna lag this bad, terrible! This lag issue is the same in AQ and AW. Then i go to start a fight and the champs come at each other very slowly and that lag can last and get worse throughout the fight, so its hard to fight at all in all aspects of the game. Then there is during AW, i leave it in background to do something else and when I come back to it, it disconnects connection, very frustrating! 20.0.0 to 20.0.2 is the laggiest, slowest game update in version history!

• Anghel_2403Anghel_2403 Posts: 52
    I deleted my post (I will not say because they probably do it again) I will not put the same thing they put all because it is useless, what if I want to comment this is stressful, you want to play arenas as before passing a good time in the game but you yourself do not allow it, seriously, fix this once for the next update
  • caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    Ign is: 'caligarelinquo'
    Game freezes in every mode of play and overheats excessively.
  • Lucky25Lucky25 Posts: 10
    Anybody using Mi pad 1 for this game? I have heating issue and lags while playing the game. Any tips? Please.
This discussion has been closed.