**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mastery question...

RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
I am rebuilding my mastery based on seatin and others recomendations but i have a question!? Assassin buffs your crit when your opponent is at 18 percent health...that is like once maybe twice in a fight (if the opponant has recover that shoots up) while unfazed boosts your crit if your opponant dodges an attack which will happen far more often than the opponant hitting 18 percent health or below...so why is assassin the better choice?

Comments

• SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    It also reduces opponent's ability when below 18%..against boss and maybe even mini boss fights, long fights like LOL or even act 5 fights the increased attack and reduced abilities for opponent can be a difference between u timing out or winning
    Plus unfazed won't be used in every fight whereas assassin makes a difference everytime u fight
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    So it is the reduced abilities of the opponant as opposed to an increase in your own that makes it the better choice? K...
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    For me..yes..less chance for modok to autoblock or Spidey to evade and other irritating stuff has a lower chance of coming up
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Assasin buffs all your attacks at 18% and not just your criticals and that's why it's superior.
    Thanks! Anyone out there using unfazed that feels like it works better for them? And those using assassin, did you max it out? Does it need maxed?
    Some video bloggers suggest one and seatin suggests maxing it.
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    I have it maxed, and it's a huge help. As previously mentioned, it buffs your ATTACK, not just crits. And at max, it's a 60% buff. So if you already use hard hitters, they will finish off their opponents nice and quick. In addition, it's really helpful against optimist nodes, where they get tons of buffs once they are under 25%. A huge attack boost helps overcome those rather easily.
  • =Assassin makes a huge difference.
    Ty all
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Rap wrote: »
    Thanks! Anyone out there using unfazed that feels like it works better for them? And those using assassin, did you max it out? Does it need maxed?

I had unfazed at rank 2 before but honestly I search through videos AND tried myself and haven't really seen that 1 s unstoppable do any damages to the opponent.... To me is just more a fear factor.... Kinda like omg he has unfazed.. that's pretty much it.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,729 ★★★★★
    I think Unfazed is like Limber, more suitable for AW defense.
    winterthur wrote: »
    I think Unfazed is like Limber, more suitable for AW defense.
    This is true, but I have to say I never have a chance to get hit by an AW defender who has unfazed mastery... That unstoppable needs to be longer to really do damage...
    It's like one second isn't it? Not much help huh? You guys have been a big help. Need the power for act 5.
    I've been waiting till now to do a major overhaul. Got 2 points left that were freed up from offense and will have a few more after i rebuild defense. So looks like assassin get em. Anybody have any feelings about the changes in mystic dispersion? Is ot working for.you after the nerf?
    Rap wrote: »
    I've been waiting till now to do a major overhaul. Got 2 points left that were freed up from offense and will have a few more after i rebuild defense. So looks like assassin get em. Anybody have any feelings about the changes in mystic dispersion? Is ot working for.you after the nerf?

Still good for offense imo. I might think twice for AW defense. I put some points in for my voodoo and magik.
    Into dispersion? How many did you invest? I have bunches of points tied up in offense i am building up to reset. So i will need to move some of them to assassin and mystic dispersion. I went with an offensive approach to start with.