**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Still mad at mystic dispersion changes

BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
The more I place mystics AW defenders, the more I get frustrated by their uselessness. I don't have much more to say because everything has already been said in the official thread (now closed, this is why I started a new one), so maybe this is just another non constructive thread, but I'm still mad and can't still believe Kabam is treating their customers this way.

#mysticRDTs

Comments

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    its not like i took any mystic past rank 3 so im good
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Does the opponent still gain more points for more defenders killed after the first 3 have died?
    Does the opponent still gain more points for more defenders killed after the first 3 have died?

nope
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Not like under attack bonus, I mean under defender kills
    youll see me kills but get no points for it
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Dormamu isn’t good on defense any more especially with the dexterity changes
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Kobster84 wrote: »
    Dormamu doesn't have unavoidable damage that punishes skilled play, with cheesy unpreventable power gain on defense any more especially with the dexterity changes

Fixed that for you.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    MD was broke as hell. Glad they changed it and glad everyone that ranked up mystics to take advantage of a broken system are now mad.
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    Maybe you should stop placing mystic defenders? Cut down on your frustration?

We only still place mystics for diversity (tier 10, everyone clears the map with approx 10 deaths). There's a MS, DV, Juggs, Mordo, Mephisto...yep, that is it. We switched to Domino, Medusa, IMIW for our kills. Sentinel and Gulk might get tge occasional kill. But anyway, with max diversity and always 100% we basically win every war we can clear below 10 deaths.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    It's been used for a long time. Everything changes. We can't reasonably expect to use the same tactic indefinitely in a game like this. What's the sense of working on War improvements and shifting a meta so it can grow, if you're going to keep the same mechanisms that trump everything else? It shouldn't be news. People have used it for years and benefitted. Now it's time to use a new strategy. That's about all I have to say. Can't rely on the same trap forever.
    Apparently the word "tee arr you em pee" is censored. I'm less annoyed with that. XD
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    axelelf_1 wrote: »
    MD was broke as hell. Glad they changed it and glad everyone that ranked up mystics to take advantage of a broken system are now mad.
    It was not a broken system, MD was created to work the way it worked. Then they nerfed it, nothing else to add.

The day they will nerf (if ever) Blade's sinergies or abilities, I'll be mad in the same way even if I don't have him. You don't see the big picture, just acting a little bit selfishly, allowing kabam to do whatever they want with your money (or time, or resources, or whatever) in the name of "meta".
    Sure, I'll be glad to stop placing mystic defenders, and I'm pretty sure you know what kind of resources we spent to rank 5* Dormammu and Magik to R5 or the "mighty" Juggernaut to R4. Guess what? I cannot switch to Domino, IMIW or the next big guy because I don't have enough resources, not because of some bad decision, but because they nerfed MD and so my champs...

I'm the first one saying MD was too powerful, but that was not a good reason to nerf it without ANY kind of refund for players who invested in mystic characters.

And BTW there are now so many powerful things and characters that make MD a joke. But hey, you have Domino and IMIW so I guess you are happy... Till the day they'll nerf them.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Badrose wrote: »
    Sure, I'll be glad to stop placing mystic defenders, and I'm pretty sure you know what kind of resources we spent to rank 5* Dormammu and Magik to R5 or the "mighty" Juggernaut to R4. Guess what? I cannot switch to Domino, IMIW or the next big guy because I don't have enough resources, not because of some bad decision, but because they nerfed MD and so my champs...

Still waiting for 2018 event/story quest content that rewards more than 1/3 T2AC.
    It was not a broken system, MD was created to work the way it worked. Then they nerfed it, nothing else to add.

The day they will nerf (if ever) Blade's sinergies or abilities, I'll be mad in the same way even if I don't have him. You don't see the big picture, just acting a little bit selfishly, allowing kabam to do whatever they want with your money (or time, or resources, or whatever) in the name of "meta".

I'm the first one saying MD was too powerful, but that was not a good reason to nerf it without ANY kind of refund for players who invested in mystic characters.

And BTW there are now so many powerful things and characters that make MD a joke. But hey, you have Domino and IMIW so I guess you are happy... Till the day they'll nerf them.

You couldn't switch to IMIW, Dom, or the next big guy, whether they changed it or not. Ranking is a one-way process. We don't do it knowing we can switch later on. We Rank and use the Champs to earn more Resources to Rank again. Subsequently, taking a Champ to R5 for War Defense alone is a choice. It's also a very limited one.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    edited October 2018

You couldn't switch to IMIW, Dom, or the next big guy, whether they changed it or not. Ranking is a one-way process. We don't do it knowing we can switch later on. We Rank and use the Champs to earn more Resources to Rank again. Subsequently, taking a Champ to R5 for War Defense alone is a choice. It's also a very limited one.

So what? I didn't say "DAMN! I ranked up Dormammu and now I want the new big guy", didn't even say "DAMN! I ranked up Magik and I want a RDT because of Blade!". I'm saying DAMN, I ranked up some purple freaks and got screwed by Kabam's nerf! The difference is before I had 3 defenderes, now I have zero, not because of my bad choices but because of their nerf. Hard to understand?
  • Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    edited October 2018
    Compare MD to any of the other class specific masteries. None of them are anywhere near the game changer that MD was. And let’s be very very clear here, MD was a game changer because the way it interacted with Dexterity was broken. Clearly gaining power every time someone evades was not the intent of that interaction. If anything, I think Kabam is more on the hook for letting such a broken mechanic to exist in game for so long before addressing it. But hey, it was generating more kills, which means more items purchased, which means more $$$.

I get the idea of betrayal since you got used to it being a certain way only to have the rug pulled out from under you, but just like the nerfing of SW back in the day. You knew it was overpowered, everyone knew it was overpowered, but so long as you’re on the benifiting end of that imbalance, all is well, right? lol
    If people had control over what champs they pulled your statement would be somewhat correct. But we don’t. It’s luck of the draw. So while some people sat on Dormamu and Magik and Mordo and Juggernaut, some of us were just the unfortunate saps trying to figure out how to not die horribly to the broken mechanic.
    That’s kind of my point though. Kabam squeezed every dollar they could from the broken mechanic generating tons of kills (my Magik used to clean house!), and then after the Blade trinity renders it near worthless, they FINALLY address it.

My point is it should have been fixed right from the start. I’m not sure how anyone could rationalize that it wasn’t broken, it’s pretty obvious when it becomes the “must have” mastery and mystic champs were hands down the top defenders by a very wide margin. Had they done the right thing and addressed it right away, we’d never even be having this conversation.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    Technically MD wasn't broken and still works fine for attack cause, well, free power is free power. They had to change it because all the newer champs were designed around gimmicky buffs and other nonsense that was skewing the balance way past what was originally envisioned, which is what happens when you you develop stuff quarter by quarter instead of year to year.
    Let's all observe a moment of remembrance for v11.2.3, the last time we were all happy...
    Technically MD wasn’t broken, Dexterity was broken because it overwrote your crit buff every time you evaded even if you already had one unused and the interaction with MD made MD crazy powerful. The result of the fix just changed the broken dynamic between the two masteries. If the word broken bothers you, try overpowered or unbalanced. Regardless of what word you use, that interaction was game defining for quite some time. Now it’s IWIM and about to be Emma Frost.
  • I mainly use 3/5 MD for ATTK only nowadays, still undecided if I still want to go for 4/5 MD or use that 1 point for something else.
    Beholder_V wrote: »
    Technically MD wasn’t broken, Dexterity was broken because it overwrote your crit buff every time you evaded even if you already had one unused and the interaction with MD made MD crazy powerful. The result of the fix just changed the broken dynamic between the two masteries. If the word broken bothers you, try overpowered or unbalanced. Regardless of what word you use, that interaction was game defining for quite some time. Now it’s IWIM and about to be Emma Frost.

emma frost is not game changing
  • Here's a harsh reality. Mind you, need to read everything to understand so, here we go. I LOVE my Mystics. Love em'. I didn't rank them for AW Defense. Not once. Used, yes, but not ranked for AW D. I took MD back to R4 AFTER the change (I refuse to call it a nerf as it was indeed a problem in relation to Dex). Now, realistically speaking, MANY ranked Mystic champs because of of the MD/Dex interaction in AW. Truth. There was TALK of Mystic RDTs from the start. Will we ever see them??? Likely not.

That's the 1st REAL problem. They made it sound like if they changed this and you didn't like the outcome, you could get some of the rank up resources back. So far, nada. If they do follow through, and they should, I personally wouldn't rank down anyone (well, MAYBE 1). That DOES NOT MEAN they shouldn't offer it. Yes, this needed to happen. Yes, this was left alone for FAR too long. The fallout, mark my words, is gonna be the NEXT thing they change. Danger Sense. Once they do that, Mystic champs will be a viable option again, hence likely no RDTs. Then you'll have a SLEW of players pissed off that Blade got nerfed. Which then sets a new problem into play.

The players get knocked on the noggin strictly because of AW. This means Blade will be less useful in other aspects of the game, where as previously mentioned, MD is still very useful for offensive purposes, anywhere. I doubt the same will be able to be said about Blade being as effective elsewhere in the game. Which let's face it, isn't really fair to those who run solo and do not participate in AW. The easiest, and less damaging solution to this next coming issue (as we know it's coming) is to 86 synergies in war altogether. No need to alter Danger Sense as it will be strictly limited to Dimensional Beings in AW, and won't be juiced up by the SES synergy. Personally, and I'm sure many will agree, would take that over an all out nerf. How often do other synergies for attack get used in AW? Not too often from what I've seen. Not to say they don't, just not NEARLY as often.

When they change something in the name of AW, that will likely effect the rest of the game, it's not right IMO. The MD/Dex situation needed to be addressed. It did. The fallout from the this change in AW is the Blade synergy now DOMINATING AW Attack. Plus, all Villains thanks to GR. So naturally, it's next up. I implore those at Kabam to take this reality into consideration. Don't twist something up in the name of AW that would in turn effect the rest of the game for players. This all should have been addressed long ago. As I see it, too little, WAY too late. Sometimes the simplest solution is also the best. Seeing as how synergies don't work defensively, they also shouldn't work offensively to properly balance the equation. Balance without causing imbalance elsewhere in the game. Anyone feel otherwise knowing all this?