**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Unblockable sp1 war machine

Hey all,

Correct me if im wrong even if war machine has unblockable sp1 u should still be able to block the bullets as they are consider projectiles right? E.g same for og spidermans sp1 can block the webs but not the punches, as far as i thought unblockable nodes only effected physical hits and not projectiles,

Kabam mods please respond to make sure this is correct, if not then please fix cause its causing me real trouble in act 5.4.4 biohazard path..

Comments

• LaylicLaylic Posts: 88
    Whether a special or part of it is projectile doesn’t really have anything to do with how it functions on an unblockable node. There are some general guidelines that most champs seem to follow like, if it’s a multi part special, usually only the first part is unblockable and the rest can be blocked. But, that’s not set in stone and it can work totally backwards like Spidey does or even all parts being unblockable. War Machine has always functioned like that. His SP1 just sucks when unblockable. It is possible to completely evade it but, the timing is so precise it’s hard to do reliably. Best to try and push him to sp2 or power lock.
  • Mrwarren96Mrwarren96 Posts: 424 ★★
    @Laylic do u know of any champs that are bleed immune and also provide powerlock??
  • Morning_GoryMorning_Gory Posts: 44
    Stark Spidey will evade his SP1 no issue
  • LogarooLogaroo Posts: 100
    Mrwarren96 wrote: »
    @Laylic do u know of any champs that are bleed immune and also provide powerlock??

Dorm power burns/locks. Vision would probably work also.
  • ACIDUCKACIDUCK Posts: 64
    quake. no power to worry about
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited October 2018
    My experience for unblockable special nodes is that if the attack involves a projectile and physical part, the physical part is unblockable while the projectile part is blockable. If the entire attack is only projectile or only physical the entire attack is unblockable. The only exception i know of is korg where his entire sp1, which has both a physical and projectile component, is still unblockable.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    My experience for unblockable special nodes is that if the attack involves a projectile and physical part, the physical part is unblockable while the projectile part is blockable. If the entire attack is only projectile or only physical the entire attack is unblockable. The only exception i know of is korg where his entire sp1, which has both a physical and projectile component, is still unblockable.

False false false. The first hit is unblockable and the others aren’t when under an “enhanced special #” node, when their personal ability says its unblockable with the exception of Loki, it’s the entire special that is unblockable.

False false false. The first hit is unblockable and the others aren’t when under an “enhanced special #” node, when their personal ability says its unblockable with the exception of Loki, it’s the entire special that is unblockable.

your wrong on one point, spiderman's first hit, his web shots, is blockable. His follow up physical punches, is then unblockable. Your correct about loki
  • Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    Kabam has refused to follow any set pattern or formula for how their “unblockable” specials work. It varies from champ to champ. I don’t know if it’s an issue with code complexity or if it’s intentional or what, I just know it’s inconsistent and you have to learn how it interacts with each champ.

It’s the same with milking out specials. Some champs are pretty regular, but some like Hood or Colossus just can’t help themselves and use a special any time they can. I mean, I’ve fought Hood on an all-or-nothing node and he still used his L1 like it was burning a hole in his pocket, rofl.
    Beholder_V wrote: »
    Kabam has refused to follow any set pattern or formula for how their “unblockable” specials work. It varies from champ to champ. I don’t know if it’s an issue with code complexity or if it’s intentional or what, I just know it’s inconsistent and you have to learn how it interacts with each champ.

It’s the same with milking out specials. Some champs are pretty regular, but some like Hood or Colossus just can’t help themselves and use a special any time they can. I mean, I’ve fought Hood on an all-or-nothing node and he still used his L1 like it was burning a hole in his pocket, rofl.

Its mostly the same pattern. If a sp attack is entirely projectile or entirely physical, the entire sp is unblockable. If a sp attack is part physical and part projectile. Usually the projectile part is blockable while the physical part is unblockable. The only known exception to this rule as far as i know of is korg and loki. Not sure about heimdall or yellow jacket though.
  • Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    edited October 2018
    WS/Punisher L2 start with a physical kick, but the projectile portion is also unblockable.

Edit: They used to be anyways. To be fair, I haven’t fought either of them in AW for a very very long time.