**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] 20.0 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Name: Williamwoodwar
    Device: iPad Mini 2
    Operating system: iOS 11.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version: 20.0
    Game Mode: all
    Issue: I have only been playing this game since Feb. of this year. Sadly I have been playing everyday since then :).
    Anyhow I had been getting pretty good at fighting, making sure my timing was down, and blocking or backpedaling at the right time. Lately I have been sucking bad in everything. At first I thought it was just me being overtired and such, but I have come to realize that it is the blocking. Especially in the first charge, where I would normally block on time and cause a stun on the opponent has now been replaced with getting the smackdown layed on me. It costs me dearly in AQ and AW for sure. I now am always fighting by the skin of my teeth at the end, and it costs me quite a bit of pots to stay active. I mean I even get hit by opponents that are way under me that I would KO in 3 hits! Its very depressing to say the least. I guess on the brightside, I realize it isn't me now, but come on guys. Its only started happening to me in the last couple of versions of your game, so something must of been tweaked wrong. Anyways, hoping you fix it sometime or other because otherwise I will have to try and learn to fight with no blocking whatsoever.
  • LoganLogan Posts: 143 ★★
    iPad
    New model updated iOS
    Losing control of champs in war can’t even block
    What else do I need to provide lol the game isn’t working right
  • Oh a new one to add to my above complaint. Finishing moves where I have to hit to stop the moving bar, like CABLES hardly ever works. Basically just runs to the end even though I hit to stop it on time. Pretty useless.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Why do we need to repeat giving this information to Kabam every single update?

I made a thread about game lag 1 year ago, posted vids various from October 2017-December 2017 and gave all my info. Game lag has been an issue with this game for as long as I can remember.

I have a brand new Ipad6 with IOS 12.0 and MCOC up to date. I get lag everywhere.
  • I was all good until a couple of versions ago, then i magically couldn't block anymore, well I should say most of the time.
  • CaptTrickCaptTrick Posts: 8
    Game has gotten extremely choppy after 20.0.2 update.
    Navigation, loading, and game animations choppy.
    Characters freeze mid-punch and/or while moving and forget about trying to block, parry, or evade.

Was playing fine right before running update. Even reboot entire device but problem still persisted.

iPad mini 4
    IOS 11.1.2
    WiFi
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    Middle of the war mini fight and game literally freezes on special attack. chars and background remain still like a screenshot, but 10 seconds later you find out the engine kept the fight going, with the consequence your char is, at best, walled and almost dead, and at worst, dead already.

This has been occuring rarely during 19.0 and now with 20 i have it happening AT LEAST 4 to 6 times a day between arena aq and war.

This "little" problem unmentioned has costed me a death in a very high tiered war, and the equivalent of 600+ units in heals.

It's come to the point that the engine can't even process fights and animations, while older devices still heat up, and at best you can wish for just some lag instead of the freeze.

Is this a new node called "blackout - fun and interactive" ?

shameful. @Kabam Miike

Iphone 7+ - IOS 12
    Iphone 8 - IOS 11
    Ipad Pro 2018 - IOS 11
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    I agree. I along with my alliance are sick of these problems being ignored. In the middle of a season of alliance wars and we’re expe to compete with champs who just stand there and take hits. Stand there when trying to evade and and stopping and standing still mid combo.
  • Kermit528Kermit528 Posts: 9
    Game Name: Kermit528
    Device and Model: iPhone X
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 20.0.2
    Game Mode: Alliance war/quest, Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena and any screen for buying or opening crystals. The screen lags horribly - it takes 20 seconds just to open a single crystals because it so choppy and lags so much, it's ridiculous. The worst problem is that the lag always impacts the first 5 seconds of a fight and I can't do anything, wasting ton of potions because the lag won't let me move my champ at all. This occurs every fight without fail and is absurd. Thanks for not fixing this after 2 updates to version 20!
  • cj_007cj_007 Posts: 14
    Unfortunately, iOS12 didn't help at all...
    So, is there any new information from Kabam about lag & overheating issues?
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Version 20.0
    iOS most recent version
    Iphone 7

I am getting seriously sick of this. Since 20.0 the controls have become incredibly unreliable.

Half the time my dash backs simply dont register, regardless of game mode. In aw, I just died to a single hit from an undupe Domino because my evade didnt respond. Its not my timing. Blocks dont seem to register often either or opponents break through it. Another issue I have is when I do a swipe back it activates a special attk instead. Many in my alliance are reporting the same issues. Its hard for me to video because I dont have a second device to do it on. This happens in ALL game modes and regardless who opponent is so it is not a matter of enemy abilities or masterys/nodes.

Ive cleaned my phone screen multiple times, cleared cache, done power cycles, you name it. No change , controls just dont respond half the time. Its making the game virtually unplayable for me. This is on both wifi and lte network.

Is there anything that can be done to fix this?
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    ING Munkess
    iPad mini 4
    Version 12.0 fully updated
    Game is the latest version
    Both Cell and wifi
    All game modes

The device still gets hot, it's better than 2 months ago but still problematic, with that lag shows up and the game slows down between screens and can completely freeze. Let's be honest, you've never entirely fixed the problems from previous updates. My device is pretty clean since I bought it primarily for MCOC and haven't loaded it down with much so there's plenty of memory. I have noticed, maybe this will help others, if you play plugged in and lag starts to show up quickly unplug and most of the time the lag will disappear for a while. It will actually stop lagging immediately. Part of the problem playing unplugged is the game drains the battery faster than it should, 45 minutes and half of the battery will be gone.
  • Ign: nachtgesicht
    Device: iPhone 7
    iOS : 12.0

Since I made iOS-update yesterday, my phone don’t heating up very much.
    a bit less lags. So iOS Update helps a bit
  • In-Game Name: Dartz Magician
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Mode: Story quest, Event quest, Crystal vault, Arena, and Alliance quest. Haven’t tried on Alliance war yet...
    Description of the Issue: Lagging, Overheating, Choppiness, and Crashed if i played for around 30minutes. It will freeze my screen for 5s-10s before i can drag in my champ in arena screen. And the way i moved in EQ and SQ are too laggy and it’s inconvenient to play the game. And of course, it is laggy inside the fight too.
  • In-Game Name: MELISSOURGOS
    Device and Model: iPad mini 2
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi full bars
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War. The game already after the first battle becomes slower and the performance is lagging. The device still getting hot. Please, try to make playing the game fun again.
  • Fall Dog
    iPhone 7
    iOS 12
    Issues on cellular & wifi
    Version 20.0.2
    Game modes - AQ / AW / Questing / arenas
    Description - Its been brutal over the past 3 to 4 weeks when doing arenas. By round 6 or 7 the game play lags horribly. Long loading times. Frames freeze for 5-6 seconds when the fight first starts.
    This weeks AQ I’ve shut down and reloaded the game multiple times before I will try to fight but lag is brutal to the point where you can’t fight effectively. If you fail to shut down and reload the game it’s troublesome to even advance screens.
    And my phone still heats up. That issue seems to have resurfaced after a brief reprieve. I do play on an iPad as well and it’s not as choppy as my phone, but lagging from multiple fights happens there as well - round 6-7 of arenas and questing. Not sure what’s going on but this is the worst I’ve come across in my years of playing. You guys really need to fix these issues.
  • EzmyrEzmyr Posts: 14
    Is anyone else's device doing this still? It was fixed briefly but has been back for me since 20.0. My phone is literally in my refrigerator right now after 1 path in act 5.

iPhone 6s
    iOS 12.0
    T-Mobile but play through WiFi
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    edited October 2018
    DrFeelGood / MissAshy
    iPhone 6+
    iOS 8.4.2
    Issues on cellular & wifi
    Version 20.1
    Game modes - AQ / AW / Questing / arenas
    Description - Its been brutal over the past month when doing arenas. After literally the first 2 fights, the framerate drops start increasing dramatically. I have to restart the game every few rounds of arenas.

For AQ and AW, my wife and i have to restart in between each fight on our phones. It is getting ridiculous. Even if i press pause during the fight (if i can even get the button to respond), it still is stuttering at a few FPS. It gets worse and worse and worse with each successive fight until it is unplayable or crashes.

PS: Minor lag started in 19.0, but 20.0 is when it became unplayable. Prior to that, used to deal with crashing issues int he game.
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    After I updated to v20, I'm experiencing some serious overheating issues again. The phone is literally uncomfortable to touch because it's so hot. A fully charged battery already dies within an hour and a half from the last time this was happening. Can't wait to see this game fully destroy my phone. Please fix asap. I can't keep playing if it's gonna destroy my phone. Thank you.

iphone 7 iOS 11.4.1

Same here man...have to use a thick case because of the heat. My battery will die within 10 minutes playing the game...with the game closed It runs for 5 hours.
  • SchapenkopSchapenkop Posts: 89
    In-Game Name: Schapenkop
    Device and Model: iPhone 8Plus and iPad 2016
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi and Cellular
    Game Mode: For now Arena, haven't tried other areas yet. But after a couple of fights, playable characters get unresponsive... you can try to swipe back, block or attack... Ain't gonna happen. Character just stands there waiting to get beat up. At this rate I'm not going to get any good streak in for Arena.
    Oh and this is WITH the latest update of the game...
    Happens in Questing mode too.. :(
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    Happened to me in war. Glad the update to fix it didn’t actually fix it. That and the AI can just sit there and hold block and it counts as a parry. Can’t take this game anymore.
  • In-Game Name: babstar
    Device and Model: iPhone 6+
    Device Operating System: 11.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Version Installed: 20.1.0
    Game Mode: While playing everything, story mode, aw, arena, etc.
    Description of the Issue: within ten minutes of playing, my phone heats up. The heat creates intense lag. The phone cools down quickly after closing game but heats up again after playing for several minutes. I feel like the heat up speed has been increasing lately. It’s frustrating being only able to play this game in 15-20 minute intervals. None of my other apps heat up my phone in such a fashion. I’m not impressed and I hope this game isn’t killing off my battery. I just had the battery replaced two months ago at Apple.
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    When the lag makes it almost impossible to do anything against any boss of importance (especially Frost bosses) I GET HULK SMASHY.

I could manage the lag on my iphone 7 until this update. Today, after it loaded up, uncollected Emma just started destroying me completely.

I saw one medium hit one shot a R4 5* CM. She went off for 19,000+ damage... in ONE hit on a missed intercept due to lag.

You can have all the "how to" videos in the world...
This discussion has been closed.