**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should i R3 my 5* awakened venom??

The only other need for cosmic tier 4s would be to r5 a 5* Hyperion or r2 a 6* Gamora... other then that I don’t have any other cosmics worth using the cats on. The only thing stopping me, is potentially rank 5ing my hype when I get the chance to do so. ... opinions on this ?

Comments

• Mostu100Mostu100 Posts: 79
    Wait to R5 Hyperion
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Yea venom is pretty good now
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    I say go for it. In the beta testing, I definitely preferred the new Venom to Carnage (he fit my playing style better), and he was a beast with the updates.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited October 2018
    I did it just because i had expirig cats
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    I r5ed my 4* Venom... And id take him to r5 as a 5* over Hyperion
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Venom definitely earns r3. Despite my original “on paper” despair, he’s a very capable champ now

Defiantly better than iceman for spider-repellent and in terms of damage mixing fury and precision seems to cause just a lot of solid bleed damage and his Sp2 seems to be a solid “finisher” of sorts capable of bringing his damage way up and resetting his genetic memory chain

Honestly given how both LC and Venom got a huge damage potential increase (LC in raw damage and Venom with a mix of raw damage and stronger plus more freaquent bleeds) and a rather specific utility (reversing passive power gain and defeating spiders/IMIW) I’d say that so far Venom is another Luke Cage scenario
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★
    Go for it. Venom is good now
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Namelez wrote: »
    I r5ed my 4* Venom... And id take him to r5 as a 5* over Hyperion

Back away from the ledge... slowly...

5/50 is fine. 3/45 is ok. Blowing 2 t5bcs on new utility-knife venom is not a great choice, unless you got 2 about to expire.

Agreed. While I could see the argument for r4 (better spider killer than iceman and slaughters IMIW and is a stronger champ overall with high damage and quality bleeds) at the end of the day he isn’t exactly even Luke Cage (despite many similarities in their buffs).

Currently he’s a bit of a mess as a cross between DoT, Raw, Burst, and Counter in terms of champion roles go and while he’s great as all that he also spreads himself a bit thin trying to do everything at once and really wouldn’t take him r5 unless they release about a dozen new Spider-Men and Symbiotes from the multiverse and extended venom-lore in the span of a year long event.