**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Loading time and images issues 20.1 [Merged Threads]

Comments

• I reinstalled the game and suddenly image is not loading in game. I am not able to play any quest. Before reinstalling everything is working fine. I have attached the screenshot below.
    My mobile is OnePlus6 and Android version is 9.
    Please fix the game first instead of adding new stuff. And it happen everytime whenver update come with new characters or quest then game start getting bug.
    Please add a option for playing in 60fps. Even old games are now releasing with 60fps.

ejpqa76bzu7z.jpg0qompq4lx1wn.jpg
    rw4jyaor0qhj.jpg
  • Manar198xManar198x Posts: 111
    Odd things happening with me as well. I am using OnePlus 6 with Android 9 too
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    This is happening since the update 20.0. Delay in loading the text variables, the mugshots of the champs and even updating the resources numbers while moving in between nodes. I already posted on twitter, in forums and crash reports with all tech infos. No reply as of today.

With my knowledge of programming, I suspect there is some kind of timer the devs added to avoid servers overload which is causing this delay on our side now.
  • I think issue is happening in Android 9 because of permission. In Android 9 it is not asking for storage permission because of that cache is not able to download in storage. Kabam need to release update with storage permission. I cannot give forcefully permission to storage in Android 9 OnePlus6.
  • Google Pixel XL 2
    Os Android 9
    WiFi Bell, data Rogers
    Seeing issues throughout, lag, freezing
  • BeeyaaaBeeyaaa Posts: 10
    Guys, if possible, see if you can downgrade to Android OS 8, I just did and the game is working 100%. For those that have the same device I have, ONEPLUS 6, I followed these instructions for the downgrade BUT BE WARNED, YOU MUST BACK UP YOUR DEVICE since the downgrade will wipe all contents on the phone.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/how-to-downgrade-from-android-pie-mp-version-to-oreo-mp-8-1-1.915213/
  • Pixel 2 XL. Android 9. Images are missing and there are white boxes everywhere.
  • bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 184 ★★★
    From what I can tell this is not an issue with Android 9 or the 20.1 update specifically. Issue began yesterday morning for me, which was after a day of running 20.1 successfully. I installed Android 9 last month and there hadn't been any issues. So I'm leaning toward a change made server-side with Kabam that created this issue. Definitely seems limited to Android 9 users.

I will not downgrade my OS because a game developer in incompetent.

As for the issues experienced, its the same as the images posted by @Gildarts779. Missing champion profiles, failed images, causes lockup issues in crystals screen and quests.

Please get some attention on this and get it resolved @Kabam Miike @Kabam Porkchop @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Ad0ra_
  • @bpunk88 yes, same for me. it wasn't the update to the new game version because I played with the new game Monday no problem. It was Tuesday morning when it stopped working.
  • ObebuddaObebudda Posts: 26
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the new update 3 times now. I my game still keeps loading up like these screenshots. Is this just me? Pixel XL running Android 9.0. sl4b83xhx4jl.png
    1hbomqd1op0n.png
    hmfbgo0zk5cc.png
    fdvlenraor90.png
  • I could be wrong but I believe that might classify as operating with a 3rd party app. I mean... it's to access the game and normally they would ban for use of 3rd party software as it provides an unfair advantage but in this case, it's to play the game... so who knows what Kabam would do in this situation. I dunno, I really want to but I also don't want to test their ban hammers. Cause we know those are never bugged.
    @Gildarts779 you may be on to something there. Just checked my app and it has no permissions requested. That may likely be the underlying issue. I believe previous versions have needed storage permissions.

Any mods care to weigh in?

7uqql844v9xm.png
  • LurekLurek Posts: 15
    Same issue with Android i have tried reinstalling
    I have reinstalled the game four times wiped its cache and still half the game has a visual issue. Running Pixel XL Android 9.0. Is this just me or do others have the issue as well?8o6i9u0z4lxb.png
    i61168bzgiu2.png
    gyya1kkjs89t.png
    njveap46taei.png
    c80ifxbqbhno.png
    susnthtru0w2.png
    mjynp0y1e53v.png
    3e8a1iiwg9es.png
    4xjzp6mbc6sy.png
    fnehjmlu3817.png
    qgisx09atskq.png
    3p8414xwdlk0.png

bpunk88 wrote: »
    @Gildarts779 you may be on to something there. Just checked my app and it has no permissions requested. That may likely be the underlying issue. I believe previous versions have needed storage permissions.

Any mods care to weigh in?

7uqql844v9xm.png

I have the same issue and my app also hasn't requested permissions. It would make sense no access to storage no access to the needed data.
  • Swngmn2008Swngmn2008 Posts: 6
    Not just you...and it takes forever to get into a fight and super glitchy...getting old
  • Swngmn2008Swngmn2008 Posts: 6

We apologize for the issues you are experiencing and understand how frustrating this can be. We know that the game is pretty fast pace and having anything hinder your ability to finish out a quest or get your daily grinds done can be a pain, and would want to make this our top priority.

We need some information from everyone posting here. Please feel free to include this in your following posts so that our Dev team can look into this appropriately. The more detailed the answer, the better!

1) What Device are you using? Pixel XL 2
    2) What OS update are you currently on? 9
    3) Where are you seeing the lag happen? Is it only in certain areas or are you seeing it throughout The Contest? ALL THE FREAKING TIME SINCE UPDATE
    4) How are you connected to the internet? Who is your provider? What region are you in? WIFI OR DATA EITHER WAY. VERIZON. EASTERN USA

JUST FIX THE ISSUE I WANNA PLAY AND IT NOT TAKE FOREVER.... ALSO THIS CAUSED ME TO MISS OUT ON FINISHING MASTER QUEST YESTERDAY

Again, we want to apologize as we want to make sure everyone has an amazing experience in game.
  • yuvraj1916yuvraj1916 Posts: 13
    loading time is frustating
  • rafius_kantunrafius_kantun Posts: 30
    I can't get past the second loading screen. Sits there for an hour, if I let it. I've reinstalled the game, cleared storage and downloaded the resource packs many times.

1) What Device are you using?
    Pixel 2 XL
    2) What OS update are you currently on?
    Android 9
    3) Where are you seeing the lag happen? Is it only in certain areas or are you seeing it throughout The Contest?
    I can't even get to the home screen to find out...... So, I guess everywhere?
    4) How are you connected to the internet? Who is your provider? What region are you in?
    WiFi and mobile data (neither work). Google Project Fi. Eastern US
  • Jaycray81Jaycray81 Posts: 368 ★★

1) What Device are you using? iPhone 8
    2) What OS update are you currently on? iOS 12.0
    3) Where are you seeing the lag happen? Is it only in certain areas or are you seeing it throughout The Contest? Extremely long loading time before and after fights.
    4) How are you connected to the internet? WiFi. Who is your provider? Cox What region are you in? South East United States

In game name - jaycray81
  • Yeah, @rafius_kantun we're pretty sure it's happening only with Android 9 with the latest security patch which went live over the past few days and Kabam hasn't updated their app for the change in permissions.

I don't know if Kabam is taking this information in correctly though. One of the mods merged the issue of not being able to load the game with other users who reported issues in game. It's never smart to generalize which is what they did by combining the threads, as now it's not a focused problem with what we've identified quite clearly as the probably root cause...
  • rafius_kantunrafius_kantun Posts: 30
    @CaptainStevio I fully agree. I posted here because the login issue thread hasn't received any mod attention at all.
    I'm the leader of a 16+ mil alliance. AQ has started. I'm getting desperate...
  • SenorPantsSenorPants Posts: 101
    IGN Senor Pants
    Device: Pixel 2
    Connection: WiFi ultra high speed, 4G LTE
    Game Version: 20.1
    Game Modes: All. Entered event quest, could not interact, advance the dialogue or skip. Rebooted, re-entered the EQ, could not move the map. No champ images on my team. White squares on home screen. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app, same results.
    This is nonsense. No replies from mods that this is even being looked into.

But hey, at least it works on iOS so they wont look like complete fools at NYCC
  • 1) What Device are you using? Google Pixel XL
    2) What OS update are you currently on? Android Version 9
    3) Where are you seeing the lag happen? AQ/AW/quests, everywhere. Is it only in certain areas or are you seeing it throughout The Contest? No, everywhere in the game
    4) How are you connected to the internet? WiFi Who is your provider? Rogers What region are you in? Southern Ontario, Canada
  • 937Ladyk22937Ladyk22 Posts: 16
    I started experiencing this last month with that update. This update is even worse. It takes so long to load I have to keep logging out and logging in again. The crystals screen stay froze so long I don't even want to open crystals. My alliance has been upset with my sa scores. I don't know how to finish all this new content with it taking so long to load along with the lag and freezing. Last month I got nothing done and missed out on so many rewards. Please fix asap!
  • 937Ladyk22937Ladyk22 Posts: 16
    I also deleted the app and download it again with same results. So frustrating
  • SlackSlack Posts: 16
    There has been a visual bug since the new update came out. This bug makes some images of the game not shown, it happens with characters, items, chests, etc. I hope the developers solve this annoying bug.

2whixwu9sxlo.jpg

cj5pcf4hxya7.jpg

• CanarioCanario Posts: 167
    n83u5wu3825s.png
    I lost a fight due to this.
This discussion has been closed.