**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

That New Symbiod in Monthly Quest

Comments

• MrE6913MrE6913 Posts: 17
    edited October 2018
    But for real they must laugh when creating these bosses. They saw how he wrecked ppl 2 months ago and decided to add an unavoidable kill shot after 30 seconds. It's ridiculous when they take player skill and ability completely out of the equation. I have 100% every UC monthly and this is just too much.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Keep in mind, he's the last fight, so you can use all 5 champs to clear him. Even if you're not getting it done in 30 seconds, you really have two minutes and thirty seconds, assuming you can fight through the map without much difficulty.

I've seen poorly designed map bosses before, and this one is fine. Maybe a little challenging to those not used to it, but definitely beatable without items.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    MrE6913 wrote: »
    But for real they must laugh when creating these bosses. They saw how he wrecked ppl 2 months ago and decided to add an unavoidable kill shot after 30 seconds. It's ridiculous when they take player skill and ability completely out of the equation. I have 100% every UC monthly and this is just too much.

I literally don't understand what is too hard about him. Compare him to Thanos, that was actually hard.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    Well he's not that hard if you have the exact right 5* r5 champ to counter the unavoidable damage with the exact right synergy champs. I'm okay personally with this one because my r5 Domino does ok here, but I definitely empathize because there's not a ton of champs who will do well here.

Hulk_77 is right though...use 4 champs to wear him down and go for the final blow with your 5th heaviest hitting champ. Good luck... we'll need it.
  • TsoderbeTsoderbe Posts: 32
    It isn't a difficult boss, it's a cheap boss. Howard and the Sorcerer were easy, especially compared to Emma Frost and Omega Red last month. They had to put something in there. Whenever they use an Adaptoid as a boss, you should go into it knowing it will be a cheap fight designed to work around everyone's base skills. Since it's an Adaptoid, they can give it anything and call it base stats, all the while adding **** to it using nodes. I agree with the others, just because you can get to it, doesn't mean you are ready for it. Especially if you aren't Uncollected yet. Not everyone is a Boss killer.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★
    allinashes wrote: »
    Well he's not that hard if you have the exact right 5* r5 champ to counter the unavoidable damage with the exact right synergy champs. I'm okay personally with this one because my r5 Domino does ok here, but I definitely empathize because there's not a ton of champs who will do well here.

Hulk_77 is right though...use 4 champs to wear him down and go for the final blow with your 5th heaviest hitting champ. Good luck... we'll need it.

Yeah he also rigth with a blade short Down the node shuld try it witout blade and kilmonger then we Can talk.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    so hulk with thor rag sinergy, hela and punisher duped might help a little prolonging fight for 30 more second. maybe hood/dorm synergy, but chance is not that great. believe hela/angela have smth similar. Luce cage will work, just get hit before this thing triggers. but I believe his sig cool down is pretty long, so only 30 seconds more.
    if you have great skills, might try it with quake or omega without any hits landing or taking/blocking/parrying, only dexterity 100%
    maybe duped nebula will heal back and will be the best option
    or some high dps champ from start like corvus, the least interesting option imo
    killmonger - he sufferers from bleed, don't think he will work here, but someone should try for sure

upd: magik limbo will also work nice, just use sp right before time out, so her limbo would take the damage. so you just need her to have enough hp not to die instantly, after that might get even more if you have heal mastery. the best option, I guess. a beautiful solution imo, as it requires some skill as well
  • ChubzChubz Posts: 115
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    I killed him in under 30 seconds in epic, didn't seem problematic.

Always that 1 fake bot in the comments saying something wasn't too hard or difficult... WE KNOW THAT YOU WORK FOR KABAM!!!
  • Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    @Tsoderbe is right: it’s not a difficult fight, it’s a cheap fight.
    My typical roster consists of 5* R3 KM, 4* 5/50 DV, Medusa, Iceman, and either 4* 5/50 IMIW, or 5* R3 Rulk. That roster has seen me through a great deal of content. I’m Uncollected, and I do understand that not every bit of content is going to be attainable to every player.

A 30 second time to lop off 17k of health is just stupid. There’s no skill that can avoid that, unless you count using resources as a skill.

I’d love to hear what champs people are using to clear this. I’ve seen plenty of “it’s not too bad/hard”, but no real suggestions as to who to use.

@Hulk_77 I didn’t take too much damage up to the point of the symbioid, so I did wind up using all 5 champs in the 2.5 minutes allotted. I was hoping to get KM’s true strike going, but I ran out of time. DV burned some power, but I died before I could do too much there. Medusa didn’t do too much damage, because she couldn’t inflict armor break (her crits didn’t do as much damage as normal). Iceman got killed because he couldn’t negate the evade, and IMIW just didn’t have the damage output. I could try Rulk, but he’s another ramp-up champ.
    I didn’t lose a single champ to a KO by the symbioid, but rather through the timer lapsing.

@NewYorkSmitty: I fully understand that not all content is for me. Sometimes bosses have attack that is too high to overcome, etc. I’m cool with saying “hey, that content is just outside of my reach”. It gives me a goal to chase. It makes me practice my skills. But this isn’t one of those situations. This is more “easy to deal with IF you have the right champs”. I don’t see how the devs tout accessibility yet throw in a instakill node that you can’t avoid. You ran this with a couple of 4/55’s and a 5/65. How many lvl 40 players have champs that are that high?

You can be an intercept god, but if you don’t have a HP pool that can withstand 17k of unavoidable damage, what do you do? I’ve got decent skill, and my confidence got a pretty big boost after running dungeons for the past month. This is just lazy design, built to sap units/potions.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Zeronaut81 wrote: »
    Not all of us have such a high damage dealing champion mate. Especially considering that it is immune to debuffs.

Then it's not the appropriate difficulty for you NBD.

There are 4 others for that reason.

You realize that this quest was touted as being “accessible” to any player over level 40, right? And that epic difficulty was released this month for players who aren’t Uncollected?

If you can't do uncollected generally you won't be able to do the Epic either without your sym. Do the lower levels first and rank him up as much as you can.
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Zeronaut81 wrote: »

You realize that this quest was touted as being “accessible” to any player over level 40, right? And that epic difficulty was released this month for players who aren’t Uncollected?

I don’t think that this is a matter of “not appropriate difficulty for you”. It’s more a matter of a poorly balanced enemy. Maybe it’s a breeze with the right champ, or the right champ with the right synergy. Or the right champ, with the right synergies with 2 champs.
    But it shouldn’t be an issue where you have to have specific champs to clear the 2nd chapter. If it was the 3rd, fine, but this is a pretty blatant unit/resource grab.

I’m not even sure what champs would be best here, maybe blade, maybe Corvus, maybe proxima? But I don’t personally have any of those champs, and my main questing team got decimated by this adaptoid. Not because I lack in skill, but because I can’t pull off 95k of damage in 30 seconds, so I suffered 16,800 points of unavoidable direct damage.

And you realize that they weren't touting it as being "accessible" in the sense of any easier than usual Uncollected, right? All they did was open it up to Summoners over Level 40 whether they were Uncollected or not. If you were not Uncollected due to not being strong enough yet, then you are really not in a position to tackle Epic whether it is "accessible" to you or not. It just gives those folks a chance to try their hand at it; however, there was nothing shared that suggested it would be any easier than the usual Uncollected difficulty that has been kicking many experienced Summoners the past few months.

"Accessible" only means you have access to it, in this case. It does not mean it's supposed to necessarily be something you can successfully complete if you haven't even reached Uncollected yet.

• Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Alex_sc11 wrote: »
    Guys! The trick is to control your own power! The node says: When the power goes to 0 the attacker suffers direct damaage,

If you do a special that drains all your power (or get hit by a special of the symbioid since they drain power) you'll get the damage.

If you do a special try to do them at 1 and a half bars of power or 2 and a half. That way you wont get damage.

Try using characters taht do not rely on specials: Wolverine, X,23, Miss/Cap Marvel) . However be careful with the evades.

@Alex_sc11

The problem is that there is literally another node that forcibly drains all your power. 🙄
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    If you don't have the champs to deal with him on epic you're playing in too high a bracket. End of. Use KM. He was a breeze. Easy to avoid sp1 to get TS and counterpunch to deal with stun immune to keep damage coming.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    I killed him in under 30 seconds in epic, didn't seem problematic.
    Gsaba wrote: »
    What champ u used hulk

Blade 5r5 (GR and Spark synergies)

5* R5 Blade and Trinity synergy. 1 shot and no life loss on Epic difficulty. Pretty easy fight TBH
  • Satanpolly89Satanpolly89 Posts: 2
    edited October 2018
    Symbiote isn't really the problem is Venom Duck. Isn't even a fight its more like how long can you go b4 special 3.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Symbiote isn't really the problem is Venom Duck. Isn't even a fight its more like how long can you go b4 special 3.

I used hyperion. Negates the need to block for power. Easy peasy
  • TendersquadTendersquad Posts: 189
    Anyone try Magik? Her sp2 steals power and activates limbo, reversing the damage and you would not b empty on power either.
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Anyone try Magik? Her sp2 steals power and activates limbo, reversing the damage and you would not b empty on power either.

limbo doesn't save you from 1 hit KO's. Your symbiote can deal with goldy no problem however. Just put a few good buffs on him
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 568 ★★★
    Blades danger sense allows you to parry and bleed him making this fight more tolerable
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Devs ran out of ideas with this one
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Has anyone noticed that the max of the symbiod catalysts is 5? The number you need is 15 too max. That issue needs fixed asap
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Has anyone noticed that the max of the symbiod catalysts is 5? The number you need is 15 too max. That issue needs fixed asap

Wrong thread, already been addressed.

I haven't faced this fight yet, and Android is giving me difficulty seeing the boss icons. Is it 2.1? Based on what I've heard blade will be good, any death cheaters will be good (punisher, phoenix, hela, various synergies), and ability accuracy reducers will be good.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    The symbiote might have enough health/attack at rank 4 to finish him off. Give him a true strike buff to negate the evasion.

Nope rank 4 has 18k health 1300 attack