**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Corvus & the buffet node

Has buffet always canceled out corvus's crit buffs?? I dont ever recall this happening until today in the new event quest.

Comments

• Yes, every single damn time on node 24 it’s like going in with 0 missions accomplished
  • rnr87rnr87 Posts: 394
    Ah ok never really noticed that til today. But it doesn't cancel out sabers furies which travel from fight too fight. That sucks lol .
    I no sabers furies are passive before some1 post that. I was just saying corvus's crit buffs go from fight too fight similar too his but sabers aren't removed by buffet. Had too clarify there.
    Surprised this hasn't blown up yet. Can a mod confirm If buffet is supposed too remove corvus's crit buffs please
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    From the description of the Buffet node, you certainly wouldn't know that.
  • edited October 2018
    ExiTTer wrote: »
    Yes, every single damn time on node 24 it’s like going in with 0 missions accomplished

This is correct. Buffet takes away the first Buff that activates, and if multiple activate at once, it will remove them all. Corvus's buffs are not passive, so they can be nullified/interacted with in other ways.
    I just find it odd that his cruelty buffs are stripped at the start of the fight when they are active going into the fight.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I noticed that SW nullified his buffs including his true damage. Never thought about it being removed by buffet. That’s good to know.
    Buffet reads the next buff triggered by the attacker will cause × amount of regen how is carried over cruelty buffs triggering anything? Before your even in position too fight all of your charges are gone. Idk it just seems different too me for some reason I've not noticed this until today.
    I've never noticed this until today lol.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    This isn’t new but cruelty and true strike buffs are active buffs. nodes such as buffet and spite will treat them as such - have observed both in war before behave as intended.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    @TacoScotty Cruelty i agree is an active buff, but is true strike really an active buff? i don't remember seeing the white-ish border around true strike that would indicate as such.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    His True Strike is a buff as it's just an upgraded True Damage buff
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Correct, meant to say true damage buff that he has normally (which assume Prox synergy with that mission is same result). Yes it has a white circle around this and has had it at a minimal since last AW offseason (I triggered spite with no persistent charges which made me look closer at it). My guess probably was that way since the beginning and just never noticed since rarely do I reach spite with no charges (e.g. no cruelty buffs)
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    Clarifying Buffet node description would be helpful then. Way it reads, expectation is that one buff would be removed — singular.
  • Surfin_silverSurfin_silver Posts: 23
    edited December 2018
    rnr87 wrote: »
    I no sabers furies are passive before some1 post that. I was just saying corvus's crit buffs go from fight too fight similar too his but sabers aren't removed by buffet. Had too clarify there.

Sabers are permanent passives and passives are not effected by buffet on any character. Now as for corvus the buffs themselves are not carried over its the persistent charges that are carried. If you read his description you will see that these cruelty buffs are actually activated at the start of the fight dependant on the charges meaning that it is within the parameters of buffet stripping them