**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Help button

Rahul_ContestRahul_Contest Posts: 105
edited May 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
Right now we can only help four request when we press that HELP button. Kabam can you please change it to more like 10 or HELP ALL because many time there are lots of request like 300 and keep pressing doesn't make sense. I want to help everyone but i don't like spending time just pressing the same thing again and again.

Comments

• Stick_N_movEStick_N_movE Posts: 3
    I also want to see this happen, but I think Kabam likes to keep their fanbase in the game as long as possible.
    Nevermind that sometimes it doesn't even "help" 4 requests at a time. It almost always goes down to 1 at a time while still pressing the button. I'd like a help all or at least help 10 would be nice!
  • BigBlue807BigBlue807 Posts: 16
    Speaking of help; the other side of it. "Asking for Help" If we could get a help all for that too it would be amazing and would make arena a little quicker.
  • Rahul_ContestRahul_Contest Posts: 105
    I also want to see this happen, but I think Kabam likes to keep their fanbase in the game as long as possible.
    Nevermind that sometimes it doesn't even "help" 4 requests at a time. It almost always goes down to 1 at a time while still pressing the button. I'd like a help all or at least help 10 would be nice!

Same...It happenes many times and it gets boring.
  • Keram85Keram85 Posts: 23
    BigBlue807 wrote: »
    Speaking of help; the other side of it. "Asking for Help" If we could get a help all for that too it would be amazing and would make arena a little quicker.

IMO they should automate it so when You finish round of arena with 3 champs it automatically asks for help for those 3 champs.
    Right now we can only help four request when we press that HELP button. Kabam can you please change it to more like 10 or HELP ALL because many time there are lots of request like 300 and keep pressing doesn't make sense. I want to help everyone but i don't like spending time just pressing the same thing again and again.

I think I heard somewhere that they can't do "Help all" since it could cause a server overload but I don't want to start a rumor...
    The "Help 10" would be nice + fixing the "Help 4" helping 1 as well.
  • GandehGandeh Posts: 25
    help all is great idea

for asking and help others
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Like what Keram said, while a "Help All" button would be extremely beneficial to us as it saves time, Kabam has actually done this before, and turns out, the servers cannot process so many requests being helped at once and may crash/lag. Not optimal.

Fortunately, I think it'll be good to have a number higher than 4 that can be managed by the servers.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    It would be helpful. I agree. However, it's been discussed before and I believe the response was that it would overload the server because each Help Request is an individual transaction.
    Yes... Instead of asking for help for each champ in arena they should add ask help for all 3 champ.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Yes... Instead of asking for help for each champ in arena they should add ask help for all 3 champ.

That's what I'm saying. It was mentioned before that requesting multiple would overload the server. Perhaps someone could offer more information. From what I understand, it's not possible because of the server.
  • The thing is the longer you're standing there pressing the button the longer your boosts are running down. Any time sensitive event or boost you have will need to be repurchased. Same reason you can't skip an L3 animation that you have seen a million times already. It keeps you tied up. Spend more units please.
  • Hey Guys,

So, as has been stated in here, we haven't implemented a Help All button because it would be too server intensive. The team has had some minor conversations on how we can improve the system, but we haven't made any decisions yet. When we have some more information, I'll let you guys know!
    @Kabam Miike please also think about asking for help in arena. If possible then make it to ask help for 3 champs. After 13.0 asking help is taking a bit longer than the previous versions.
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    I don't really understand how it would be more server intensive. How is sending 1 packet requesting help for 40 champs more intensive than sending out 10 packets asking for help for 4 champs? It's the same amount of help requests, the same amount of champs.

It's like you're telling us that a bus can carry 12 people, but a dozen people is just too heavy.
    I don't really understand how it would be more server intensive. How is sending 1 packet requesting help for 40 champs more intensive than sending out 10 packets asking for help for 4 champs? It's the same amount of help requests, the same amount of champs.

It's like you're telling us that a bus can carry 12 people, but a dozen people is just too heavy.

You didn't get the point. If many people press HELP ALL at the same time then server definitely can't process that much.
    There is not only one bus. There are millions, and they have to take care of everyone.
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★

You didn't get the point. If many people press HELP ALL at the same time then server definitely can't process that much.
    There is not only one bus. There are millions, and they have to take care of everyone.

That's not how computers work.

There are millions of users now. There will be millions of users if they change it. The number of requests isn't going to change.

In fact, there should be *less* work for the servers. If you take 10 different requests and bundle them together, then you have 9 less headers on the routing packets. That's less information for the servers to have to parse through.

• papoosepapoose Posts: 2
    "Help 10" button would be nice.
    And when asking for help, make it that we can ask for 3 at least.
    Would us save a lot of time, please
  • Tthunder2058Tthunder2058 Posts: 115
    Yes a 10 help button would be a improvement but it woukd probably not work like the help 4 button, I read somewhere some games get money per click so with the having to click each character to get help after finishing a fight, then having to send help to your friends that is a lot of money clicks.
  • CodePlayCodePlay Posts: 24

I agree with you. I always hear them reason it would be server intensive. If they can't do anything about that they need to find a better dev. They can send one server request (via one Help All button) which will send let's say 40 champs at once instead of sending 10 server requests with 4 champs each which makes it more server intensive. I think they really designed it that way so if you're help requests are not cleared by your team mates and you're impatient w/ your champs to cooldown you can just refresh your champs with units. Business as always.
  • FalseOracleFalseOracle Posts: 148
    Make a Help All Button so that all the end game user sees is all of the requests instantly gone once they push it. Then have the end user device stack/store all of the individual help requests into a queue or whatever and have them send all the requests to the server as a background task.

Don't really care HOW it gets done, the end user just wants to see all of the help requests go away. It certainly CAN be done.
  • PonyboyPonyboy Posts: 122
    After your team of 3 is done fighting and you collect your rewards and hit continue, just add the help (3) button there next to continue button. Or just automatically help request with the continue button, like Keram said above
  • PonyboyPonyboy Posts: 122
    The help all for your alliance mates where there's 200 help requests...I don't know. It would "help" if the request processed faster
  • Yesh
  • prestatorprestator Posts: 3
    I'm sorry, but as a senior programmer on mobile apps, I feel compelled to step in.

Anyone with even basic web programming skills will know that the "server load" explanation doesn't make any sense.

To get to the bottom of this, you have to understand that if properly implemented, a "HELP" message for 1 champion or a Help message for 100 champions would take roughly the same amount of time to compute on the servers (that translates into a single SQL order for the Database server anyway).

As of now, a player will press the "HELP" button mutiple times in a few seconds (for instance 15 times in 20 secs) and will generate just as many messages for the networks and servers.
    Multiply this by the number of player around the world and that's a LOT of messages to compute.

On the other hand, with a "HELP ALL" button, you would have a single message for each player, which would obviously put a lesser load on networks and servers.

So I'm afraid the "server load" explanation is a very poor justification to explain the current implementation of the HELP fonction.

So the real explanation must be either very bad programming, or a lack of will to improve the situation.
    Or both.
  • c9xc9x Posts: 18
    programming isnt my thing, however my assumption is they probably consider it "load intensive" as the single help all request might be individually sending help in the back end based on the hero meeting the requirements on a players roster...through something like a singular if then else loop... which probably means @prestator is right about the possible poor programming.. :s
    Not a programmer yet but @prestator i think you are right.