**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I thought I was above avg player... but...

These Occult Lab dailies on epic are destroying my units. Are any other decent to above avg players feeling the same? How about elite players? I’ve completed ROL and 1 path of LOL, without that many revives, but the payout was huge compared to this ****...

Comments

• mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    yeah i am struggling also, but it's my own fault really. I made mistakes and lost because of it. I use my rerolls if i get some really bad fights but overall, not having too difficult of a time.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    It wasn't just you, OP -- I won't lie, I took a beating in the Lab yesterday on Epic. An 82K Modok ate my lunch so bad, I might dream about it, because I didn't have a True Strike character with me

I felt no shame, after I staggered out of there, in making Master my next runs
  • lThirtyFourllThirtyFourl Posts: 11
    What’s ur team

I use R5 Blade first run, saw how bad it is and decided to 100% Epic and r5 symbioid.

Still don’t really need him but good back up.

Rest: r4 AA and SL and 4* Ghost rider
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    I beat epic, but didn’t leave unscathed. Didn’t need units to do but used a few revives due to a few of the buffs being too much stacked as they were. Adjusted a few by rolling the dice a few times for a more favorable matchup. Definitely not for a player who doesn’t have the right champs.

The most annoying thing was the rewards weren’t worth the resources used. Will be avoiding Epic for the remainder of the challenge unless they rethink the rewards. In my opinion should be doubled.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    you're not alone
    got lucky with my first run, but second was terrible. also some nodes doesn't work properly.
    if you reload the game, buffs drop down to the initial ones, may use it to your advantage sometime
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I have had runs that are easy as hell and other that are just flat out absurd. To much luck involved in this event in my opinion.

I dropped in one and saw the champs and nodes attached and just exited because I would have no choice but to either reroll most the map with the nodes they had on the specific champs or blow units to get through.
  • Ajc10Ajc10 Posts: 74
    I've found it's literally all about luck. I went in once and got destroyed immediately. Decided it's not worth spending units or using potions so I left. Immediately started my second run and it was relatively easy.

Agreed. My team were 4/40 and 2/35 champs. My first run at Master level, I got destroyed by the boss Venom the Duck (rerolled several times but still found it too hard). I made three more runs at Master level after that and finished them with relative ease. So it really is down to luck cuz it depends on what kind of buffs/boss you got.
  • Ajc10Ajc10 Posts: 74
    Ezra7676 wrote: »
    I can't even do Master and I'm uncollected with all 3/35's and 5/50's and a 4/55 X23. I'll just do the hard one I guess.

Don't give up, my friend. I managed to do Master several times and my teams were merely 4/40 2/35 champs. It's all about luck really. The rewards from Master is much better than the lower ones and definitely worth the try.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Aryanna wrote: »
    These Occult Lab dailies on epic are destroying my units. Are any other decent to above avg players feeling the same? How about elite players? I’ve completed ROL and 1 path of LOL, without that many revives, but the payout was huge compared to this ****...

Resort to play with team below 30,000. My team is 50,000 and I have no issues. You have to do the level that correspond to your roster. I use 5/65 Blade and the whole thing is challenging but a cake walk
  • LowercaseCube42LowercaseCube42 Posts: 143
    Well I’ve only got 4/40 mephisto, void (dupe lvl 16, rest are unduped) dormammu, nightcrawler and black widow and took out a Jane foster on epic with no revives or units
  • Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    Ezra7676 wrote: »
    I can't even do Master and I'm uncollected with all 3/35's and 5/50's and a 4/55 X23. I'll just do the hard one I guess.

Same. I tried it yesterday but got destroyed on the second fight and backed out. Didn’t want to use items.

Tried again today. I screwed up on my first fight and revived my Blade to go again.

Sigh. Once I start using items I won’t stop until I finish. But any fight that last more than 1:00-1:30 minutes my phone starts to lag because of the heat. So more and more items were used to get through it. I got 2000 t4b shards. Not worth it. I’ll stick to hard. The rewards aren’t that much different and the fights are over before the lag begins.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    It's just stupid luck, like everything else in this game. Yesterday a revive and a lot of reroll to finish, today no items at all.
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    I feel like the first MODOK lab all over again. Sure on some day it's beatable but a combination of champ and node make it a drain fest. My absolute favorite are how you get counter tactic every 2 match and the 3 last fight almost always have aspect of genesis (-50% hp when most people won't have a full health team by then) and coin flip (a.k.a why am I keep getting degen while opponent got regen)
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    I can do them when I don't have champs locked into AQ/AW, but when both are on I had to spend a good amount of units, and I still have some solid 3/45 and 5/50 in my reserve (I can typically still clear uncollected EQ with my back up team, depending on the quest). It's certainly not easy
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Honestly, I burned out last month on Danger Rooms, so I'm just focusing on Heroic and Master of those with as little stress as possible. Same with EQ. I'll do what I can, but I'm not going to burn out again. I'm gathering Resources for 5.2 either way. Sometimes it's okay to play lightly.

Good call. Good luck with the 5.2 run.
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    I'm just sticking to heroic and master difficulty. Im not the best player in the world and I know my limits. I'm not at a point where I can do epic without burning thru a bunch of revives and units so yep, it's a hard pass for me. The rewards don't really seem worth it.

I wish they would go back to the black panther trials. Those were rewarding and fun and didn't take a lot of time to complete. Between this, the danger rooms, and the symbiote thing, I'm really not all that hyped on the newer content lately.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Honestly, I burned out last month on Danger Rooms, so I'm just focusing on Heroic and Master of those with as little stress as possible. Same with EQ. I'll do what I can, but I'm not going to burn out again. I'm gathering Resources for 5.2 either way. Sometimes it's okay to play lightly.

Good call. Good luck with the 5.2 run.

Thanks. I was supposed to start this month, but I dropped my Tablet. Smashed the glass. It's being fixed at the moment. Still missed out on Grinding for Resources. Lol.