**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

SS instant 49% damage start of fight

Started fighting epic SS with my iceman at full health at the instant start of the match ice man takes 49% damage. Then about 15 seconds later iceman drops dead. Zero hits on him. Is this right?

Comments

• SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Ice Armor allows SS to trigger his ability which nullifies a buff and deal direct damage.
  • Who is SS?
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Fuzzyard wrote: »
    Who is SS?

Symbiote dr strange
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Yeah my Angela met an equally unfortunate ending. Such fun and interactive tollboo..... errr champs we’ve been seeing recently.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Or take LC and turn it into an infinite loop thanks to power reversal and parry

Few Sp1 stubs and BAM he’s dead in a minute or 2
  • AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    Or take LC and turn it into an infinite loop thanks to power reversal and parry

Few Sp1 stubs and BAM he’s dead in a minute or 2

i have used LC and solo him
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    please don't use SS to mention symbiote supreme, people may confuse it for stark spidey
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    Or you guys could read the node and see that's exactly what's gonna happen to any buff happy champs. Especially those that proc buffs at the start

Would it be fair to say it is only possible to read the nodes when fighting the boss (which is then too late to swap champs)?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    Or you guys could read the node and see that's exactly what's gonna happen to any buff happy champs. Especially those that proc buffs at the start

Would it be fair to say it is only possible to read the nodes when fighting the boss (which is then too late to swap champs)?

It would not be. It's not LoL with a locked camera. You can start the map move to the boss and click on the node to see what it is
    xzpvnq6jyob1.jpg
    yf2v24gc34rn.jpg
    9ag2wphxlax8.jpg

Zero energy used. Zero items wasted.
    Those ended up out of order but you don't need to move at all on 95% of maps to scout your path and check nodes.
  • ShadeZeroShadeZero Posts: 145
    please don't use SS to mention symbiote supreme, people may confuse it for stark spidey

I've never seen anyone refer to starky, stark spidey, spidey SE as SS. His full name is spiderman stark enchanted. SS is a perfect acronym for symbiote supreme. What would you shorten it to?
    Then if your team isn't good for the content, exit and restart with a better suited team. It's not exactly rocket science
  • KirklinKirklin Posts: 149

No one calls stark spidey SS. He is know as sparky
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    ShadeZero wrote: »

I've never seen anyone refer to starky, stark spidey, spidey SE as SS. His full name is spiderman stark enchanted. SS is a perfect acronym for symbiote supreme. What would you shorten it to?

Sparky/SMSE/SESM

meanwhile SS/sDS/DSs would likely be what most people should call the Symbiote Supreme (DS being the Doctor Strange cloning process for his appearance and a lot of his abilities.
  • ZaosaflerZaosafler Posts: 65
    You can't use champs with buffs, or you will take some Auto Damage. Iceman's Ice Armor is a buff. A great option for SS is Archangel. SS doesn't have any immunity, & AA has no buffs, so you can just rinse him down in seconds with those nasty Nerotoxins . Personally, I used Red Hulk. Red Hulk is great against any Mystic champion... just build the Heat Charges & pound them down.

I have solo'd him with Void, Red Hulk, and Luke Cage. Generally by the time I've gotten 2 bars of power he's down to 20%, so it's fight over.
  • hephaestushephaestus Posts: 145
    Ss has always been Stark Spidey to me.

I haven't made it to epic yet but that particular buff is the same in master I believe. I'm using Star Lord successfully.