**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Loading time and images issues 20.1 [Merged Threads]

Comments

• bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 184 ★★★
    Further proof Kabam doesn't care about Android users..

It's clear this issue is primarily affecting Android 9 (Pie). The update worked fine for the first day, then broke around the time they sent out the symbioid.
  • jdawggs316jdawggs316 Posts: 54
    1) What Device are you using? Pixel 2 XL
    2) What OS update are you currently on? 9.0
    3) Where are you seeing the lag happen? Everywhere. AQ is completely frozen after I enter it.
    4) How are you connected to the internet? WiFi. Central US.
  • Manar198xManar198x Posts: 111
    edited October 2018
    Hello Everyone,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

I will be submitting this issue to our team for investigation.

Kind Regards,

Porkchop

Any progress on the resolution of the same
  • BunismBunism Posts: 8
    Having loading issues as well since 20.1. On a iPhone8 and loading between fights is 30 seconds to several minutes now, stuck on the venom the duck screen.
  • rafius_kantunrafius_kantun Posts: 30
    Whatever you do, DO NOT clear data to get fresh resource pack. I had the same issue on my Pixel 2 XL, now the game won't load past the second loading screen.
  • VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    St333lll wrote: »
    It's nothing too bad, nothing's affecting my game play, but I can't see the Summoned Symbiote, Venom the Duck or The Symbiote Supreme's tile picture.
    wwo33rppogmx.png
    l2ax6p8ubfxv.png

that because old cache..
    if you reinstall.. then you'll screwed
  • Recently,my symbiod friend and kylntar catalyst images weren't showing up,so i uninstalled amd reinstalled the game.
    Then as i logged in,my game hung.and now i am stuck unable to play the gam.
    Any page i navigate to,ends up being hung.nothing is shown on the screen.
    The heroes images have all vanished away.

My suggestion is that mcoc doesnt support android 9 pie.Because i just recently updated my phone to android 9 pie(Nokia 7 +).

Please help me..i gotta continue the game.

q8zl4hyo80m9.png
    lyp2n0y7mabw.png
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi all,

We are currently looking into the issues of images not loading and increased loading times on some devices. Thank you for your patience as we investigate these issues.

To keep the forums organized, please only use this thread for reports of those specific issues. Please direct posts about other, unrelated topics to their respective threads. Thank you!
  • Same here.. Loading time is just too long.. Cant even play arena.. Pls fix this in your upcoming maintenance.. Really love to play this game..
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi all,

We are currently looking into the issues of images not loading and increased loading times on some devices. Thank you for your patience as we investigate these issues.

To keep the forums organized, please only use this thread for reports of those specific issues. Please direct posts about other, unrelated topics to their respective threads. Thank you!

If it can take up to 2 1/2 minutes to load something, but, it isn't hat long sometimes, it is random on the length of time it takes, and this can happen in dungeons... what are we supposed to do? People think you have quit the game, but it just loads really, really, really, really, really slowly. And the timer keeps ticking down, and there is nothing you can do! :(

Tried it with only the game running, have plenty of RAM free, have plenty of system RAM free as well.

Are we supposed to show you vids of the loading times, or, what exactly do you guys need to fix this problem?

Have you been able to replicate it on your end?
  • WebberWebber Posts: 9
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi all,

In other words you are not even close to finding a fix 🙄
  • ObebuddaObebudda Posts: 26
    bpunk88 wrote: »
    Update for Android 9 / Pixel users !!

After some additional digging, it seems the issue is related to additional assets not downloading correctly. A fix for that must come from Kabam... so not holding my breath there.

I managed to resolve the issues on mine by copying over the asset cache & files from another device. I've zipped those files and uploaded them to save others the hassle and hope it helps until there is an official fix.

*** WARNING: This is only for Android 9 users experiencing game issues due to missing images/assets

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FQMql65AVgJHUSFD1GyjxObd_vj09VMH

Instructions:
    1) Extract the zip file (either on device or computer)
    2) Locate the folder 'com.kabam.marvelbattle' on your device (typically in the 'Android \ data' directory).
    a) It should contain two subfolders: 'cache' and 'files'
    3) Copy the 'cache' and 'files' folders from the Zip file over to the 'com.kabam.marvelbattle' folder
    a) Replace files/folders if prompted.

Hopefully this helps others running in to the same issue, also safer than installing an app cloning program. Cheers

Worked wish I would have thought of this yesterday.
  • I am having the same issues with champion portraits not loading and interminable wait times when moving on a map. I'm also getting the white empty blocks where some graphic elements should be.
    OnePlus 6
    OxygenOS 9
    Im seeing lag on maps and some rooms, especially the crystal room
    On wifi. Suddenlink, Southern Nevada
  • miblafimiblafi Posts: 7

After some additional digging, it seems the issue is related to additional assets not downloading correctly. A fix for that must come from Kabam... so not holding my breath there.

I managed to resolve the issues on mine by copying over the asset cache & files from another device. I've zipped those files and uploaded them to save others the hassle and hope it helps until there is an official fix.

*** WARNING: This is only for Android 9 users experiencing game issues due to missing images/assets

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FQMql65AVgJHUSFD1GyjxObd_vj09VMH

Instructions:
    2) Locate the folder 'com.kabam.marvelbattle' on your device (typically in the 'Android \ data' directory).
    3) Copy the 'cache' and 'files' folders from the Zip file over to the 'com.kabam.marvelbattle' folder

Hopefully this helps others running in to the same issue, also safer than installing an app cloning program. Cheers

This fixed the issues on my phone
  • Swngmn2008Swngmn2008 Posts: 6
    miblafi wrote: »

Instructions:

Says unsupported file type on my phone any suggestions?
  • Hey there, Summoners!

We apologize for the issues you are experiencing and understand how frustrating this can be. We know that the game is pretty fast pace and having anything hinder your ability to finish out a quest or get your daily grinds done can be a pain, and would want to make this our top priority.

We need some information from everyone posting here. Please feel free to include this in your following posts so that our Dev team can look into this appropriately. The more detailed the answer, the better!

1) What Device are you using?
    2) What OS update are you currently on?
    3) Where are you seeing the lag happen? Is it only in certain areas or are you seeing it throughout The Contest?
    4) How are you connected to the internet? Who is your provider? What region are you in?

Again, we want to apologize as we want to make sure everyone has an amazing experience in game.

1. Google Pixel 1st gen
    2. Android 9
    3. Missing all image icons. Severe lag on Crystals screen and in Monthly Event Quest.
    4. Wifi. Comcast. Washington DC
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Sigh this was all posted in the previous threads about it but if I must I will do so again.

Darkstar4387
    Android
    Moto E4 Plus
    Data
    4g lte
    Boost Mobile/ Sprint

Same as issues in 20.0 thread

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/95323/android-20-0-lag-crashing-and-performance-investigation/p7

^ That sums up my issues and now it's just a lesser version of them but occasionally I will be forced to swipe my phone closed because it won't let me do anything at all or respond.

I know it is not my phone or network itself since literally everything else is working perfectly fine, streaming, other ( more demanding ones like pubg) games, listening to music, web browsing etc.

I would like to know exactly when this is going to be fixed it's been going on for almost a month now with some alleviation after the last update but still occasionally it just takes forever.

My second phone an older slightly less powerful version than this is out performing it since the updates and it's piggyback on my wifi on this phone, for example today I was doing quests on both phones for everyone 1 on here my alt phone was doing 2 to 3 because of all the lag and time spent on the loading screens.

That shouldn't be the case this one should be faster if not about even to the older one but nowadays it's not
    Can we get some sort of resolution or an update 3 days for a bug is ridiculous. If it was something that benefited the summoners it would be fixed immediately.....come on man
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    bbq69768kain.jpg
    I can't even tell what's about to expire, dunno what to sell :/

Also peep the pitiful iso stash. Had I not just duped a 4* it would be completely empty. We need more gold and iso sources
  • Planc2007Planc2007 Posts: 46
    I am also not getting rewards from milestones.

I just noticed that I did not get the Summoner Advancement rewards.
  • VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    Swngmn2008 wrote: »

Instructions:

You just loading the zip with Google Drive right?
    press 3 dots at up right.. select download.

then you will find the zip file on your storage.. then do the rest as instruction.
  • i am useing oneplues 6 i am having the same image problem
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    So game is completely not playable for me. Can't run paths enter quests open crystals, basically play the game at all. Run pixel 2 Android 9. Same menus and everything as people are posting here with the inclusion of not being able to do a single fight
  • PhonieStarkPhonieStark Posts: 202
    et3hsmn9rydj.png
    qyyyu7bk46or.png
    Vuska wrote: »
    Swngmn2008 wrote: »

Instructions:

You just loading the zip with Google Drive right?
    press 3 dots at up right.. select download.

then you will find the zip file on your storage.. then do the rest as instruction.

Got it to work... No sleep will do that I guess lol
  • MortisnerdMortisnerd Posts: 4
    Having the same issue, many missing images, loading slowly.
  • Earl22Earl22 Posts: 7
    Really wish your stop with the which device and operating system **** if its all types of androids and ios then its something in your coding or your trash servers i just spent nearly 45 min in dungeons to get 1st reward cuz i couldnt take down mini boss due to a 5 min load time after first fight and just to entertain you while you sit back and scratch you head

Android
    Lgstylo3
    Wifi
    Aq/dungeons/Aw/questing
    Crystal opening/champ info screen
    Basically all aspects of game

fxsfg9pk1srn.png
    scratch yournqb7t9baj1vf.png
    cf5txl80qo5a.png
This discussion has been closed.