**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Ocult Labs, at a loss....

Let me start by saying that I can except the fact that I am not the best player ever in MCOC, I know I make mistakes and do not expect to be able to one shot everything and be perfect.

However I am finding these Ocult Labs to be a bit much. I have only attempted the Master level lab but have only been able to complete it once. I am uncollected and have good champs but these nodes make it sometimes impossible to complete without spending some sort of resource each time. Whether it's potions to heal up after each fight, revives if you KO and still want to try and finish it or 2500 gold to get a random dice when you have 6 nodes pop up and the combination makes it impossible to win.

Maybe I am expecting too much but I feel that I should be able to complete these labs without having to dip into resources each run. It's not like the reward are that great; sure you COULD pull 2000 5* shards but we haven;t seen the % drops for that so I am sure they are low. I will keep trying every day but for the past 3 tries I have KO'd and not wanted to spend more resources on these labs.

My suggestions would be to limit the amount of buffs that pop up or only allow 1 of a certain type to show up. For example when you have 2-3 power buffs and the enemy gets 3 bars of power in 2 hits....that doesn't exactly seem like a fun/challenging fight. Or maybe I just need to get better.

The other option is to just do the heroic difficulty but 4* shards are not going to help out my account.

I am sure there are plenty of end game players that think these are a breeze but for mid game players with only 1 rank 4 5* champ it seems like we get lost in fold on this one.

Comments

• TRSIMPTRSIMP Posts: 173
    They're pretty hard. I think we are supposed to make good use of the symbiote, they said it would help us complete challenging content.
  • GivMeABeerGivMeABeer Posts: 202 ★★
    Idk how we are suppose to do that since these started on day 1. Unless I drop tons of units on energy refills to 100% the event quest I won't get enough klytar catalyst to get him to a level where he can do damage.

But yea if you bring one in with a few buffs I am sure he could run thru them better than I currently am.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,171 ★★★★★
    I am definitely NOT a top player, just started playing in March. My plan is to play the lower levels to rank up the 1-star symbiote and then use as many of those boosts as needed so I can to run through the Master level, or at least try to. That's prolly as high as I'll be able to go.
    If you are having trouble with master drop down to hard i am doing only hard and no items used

I could but as I mentioned above the rewards from there really won't do much for me. Chances are it''l be 4* shards each time, but hey I guess it's better than nothing. Just frustrating to not be able to get Master done when 5* shards is what I need for the roster.
  • SperaSpera Posts: 152
    Enhancements say for use in blood and venom simbiomancer quest, don't think they will work in occult labs.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I know the difficulty is hard but some of the top tier players in this game have been wanting a challenge for a while. Event quest and other special challenges have not been cutting it. I enjoy running uncollected and trying not to reroll because I find it challenging. I love the difficulty of this event. Each difficulty might not be worth he rewards depending on each players skill level.

I don’t see why obtaining 4* shards doesn’t help grow your account. Duping 4* and max sig 4* give you 5* shards. I want a KM for his synergy with void. I wouldn’t mind getting the 4* to take into war for that synergy. I run a 4* mornisntar in war sometime and I have 3 5/65 champs. It’s all about finding the champs that help you most even if it’s just for a synergy.
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    I know the difficulty is hard but some of the top tier players in this game have been wanting a challenge for a while. Event quest and other special challenges have not been cutting it. I enjoy running uncollected and trying not to reroll because I find it challenging. I love the difficulty of this event. Each difficulty might not be worth he rewards depending on each players skill level.

I don’t see why obtaining 4* shards doesn’t help grow your account. Duping 4* and max sig 4* give you 5* shards. I want a KM for his synergy with void. I wouldn’t mind getting the 4* to take into war for that synergy. I run a 4* mornisntar in war sometime and I have 3 5/65 champs. It’s all about finding the champs that help you most even if it’s just for a synergy.

This is true, duping 4*'s does give 5* shards and getting the best 4*'s does help for synergies. However 4* shards are so available now that getting a few more from this event isn't as big an impact as getting 5* shards. Regardless tho if I can't get master done may as well get something by running Heroic and getting a lucky drop from the crystal.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,500 ★★★★★

100% agree. Not every difficulty level is for every player. Everyone one of these fights is almost like a mini-boss in high tier AW.

• CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    I just look at them as great practice for high level content. The rewards aren't so impressive that you feel like you HAVE to complete, so if you go down, you just exit and try again another day. No waste of resources or energy, just a little bit of time.

They are definitely not easy
    Raganator wrote: »

100% agree. Not every difficulty level is for every player. Everyone one of these fights is almost like a mini-boss in high tier AW.

I agree to a point, if you get bad RNG and roll 6 buffs you are stuck with 6 buffs. Sure you can always use the dice but I've had the same node I was trying to get rid of come back 3x's in a row lol. It is one hell of a challenge if you don't have the right champ in your line-up at a high rank.
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 561 ★★★
    It’s all in the buffs you roll. I did epic relatively easily on my first try, but then got crushed on master because I rolled bad buffs. But they are a bit too much of an hassle so I’m probably gonna skip em, don’t want the headache. There’s so much content this month anyway. I’m also almost done 100% with act 5 so I’ll rather focus on that.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    I agree. I’m only rated about 83,000 total but I find the Heroic difficulty to be too much of a challenge for 4 star shards. I average 1 4 Star crystal a week and I haven’t even pulled 4 Star shards out of the tier 3 (heroic) lab crystal yet.
  • Nemesis666Nemesis666 Posts: 166
    edited October 2018
    There's a reason it's called EPIC, only for epic players and not noobs. It is not for every moe Larry n Joe's
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    Heroic is super easy and master is ridiculous. There's no in between. I dunno, at a loss is a good term for it. The symbiote thing and the labs just aren't my cup of tea. I'll just run more arena milestones for 5 star shards I guess.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    We rarely get content of this difficulty for 0 energy cost. If you're struggling with master difficulty you'll get more out of it if you look at the challenge as improving your skills for AW and Act 6 instead of not getting rewards.
    Nemesis666 wrote: »
    There's a reason it's called EPIC, only for epic players and not noobs. It is not for every moe Larry n Joe's

If you actually read I said I have only tried Master not Epic, so not sure who that is meant for.
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    Hard content has opponents with a PI of 5k - 7k and then master has opponents with a 20k PI. It's a huge leap. As a result, since I am below average player, I struggle on master and defeat hard easily (and get destroyed at epic). So, I just do the hard Labs. Will save my resources for the EQ and 5.3 exploration.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    I just do the Hard version and don't bother with the headaches of the higher versions for something that is a twice a day grind on top of everything else.

The 2 crystals from yesterday got me 5* shards and t4cc shards.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    I was pretty excited for this event, but after a few days I have my doubts as to whether it is worth the effort. Epic is pretty grueling, even for experienced players with a good roster. I have yet to receive anything but the minimum rewards for it. Finding myself low on re-rolls. I decided to just go for master. Thinking I'd at least pull the default prize of 200 shards. Mind you, while much easier than epic, master is still challenging depending on the rng. I was unpleasantly surprised when my reward was 1500 cosmic frags. I currently have hundreds of unopened cc frag crystals, map crystals etc. As I am capped on some cc. I literally could have opened just one of those crystals to get the same thing...
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    I think the "gamble" for your rewards with these new crystals will end up leaving this event producing less 5* shards than average when compared to other similar events.My alliance mates have confirmed with similar stories. One of them pulled 1100 basic frags for his efforts in master...
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    I got 1250 5* shards day 1 and 1k t5b and 1k t2a on day 2 from doomg epic. Definitely worth the rewards.
    Yea I just am not excited about this event and have to just do heroic. I did two runs of it and got 1000 T4BCs and 750 T4 cosmic cats, not even 4* shards. The drop rates of these rewards i just not great when most people are looking for crystal shards.

It's just more frustrating that it is another recycled monthly event because they did not want to invest in something new and made it even worse than before in terms of overall experience. Oh well, I'll just do my daily heroic, get my small rewards and just focus on EQ, Act 5 and alliance stuff.
    I got 1250 5* shards day 1 and 1k t5b and 1k t2a on day 2 from doomg epic. Definitely worth the rewards.

Someones been praying daily to RNGesus haha, glad your getting some good drops out of them.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    you can get some wacky combinations but this was really fun for me.
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    you can get some wacky combinations but this was really fun for me.

For sure, on my one run of master that I was able to get thru there was one battle where I had the degen for 50% and then instant 50% regen, a random effect every 15 seconds and 15% regen on both champs after a certain time. There was so much **** going on I couldn't keep it straight. I just kept my combo going and some how got the win.

The ones that are brutal are the double roll of 200% power-gain or power-gain combined with starting with a bar of power. One time it was Bishop, I had died to him and he had 2 charges, I re-rolled and got starting with a bar of power. I said **** it and tried it, he started with his SP# and blew me away lol, I quit that quest shortly after haha.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    GivMeABeer wrote: »
    Idk how we are suppose to do that since these started on day 1.

Maybe the whole point is for stronger players to get the full benefit of doing harder difficulties from the start, while lower progress players still have the option to work their way up to doing them over time. Which is much better than simply being locked out from start to finish, and perhaps is the entire point of the pet symbiote in the first place: to give players with lower strength rosters a way to rank something up very quickly (relatively speaking) and take on content otherwise out of their reach.

Maybe the whole point of the content is to get players to start thinking about strategizing ways to approach harder difficulty rather than throwing their hands up and giving up on day one.