**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why has King Groot received so much hate?

I first received him from a PHC and awakened him with a 4* crystal, ever since I did and learned more about him he became my favorite on my quest for uncollected.

I was stuck on 5.1.5 but with him I jus used a regular boost of health and attack and he carried me.. I didn’t have anyone dying..

I haven’t tried 5.1.6 yet because I haven’t had the time but I’ve look through the quest and it’s not too difficult with KG. It’s relatively easy..

I guess it’s just the difference between spending 8 minutes for a single fight rather than 4-5.. I get that he’s slow but wouldn’t moving through the quests at a slow pace be better than using so many units for health?

If you have a KG and trying for uncollected, awaken him and get conditioned with his style of play..

He’s amazing. God-Tier for Questing.

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Also SL GP Magik Medusa do tons more damage and have defensive techniques as well...the high base health would help in 5.2.5-6 tho...
  • Julius_SeizureJulius_Seizure Posts: 99
    edited May 2018
    -Really, REALLY low attack
    -Requires dupe
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    Low attack, high health. Mediocre hitbox size. Weak special damage. Overall just a good defender, bad attacker.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    As people have said, he has the lowest base attack in the game. And his fury stacks are so weak too. I've had 6 before and still couldn't hit for over 1k with my 4/40 duped. Also his regen is very meh. His super weak dmg output just nullifies his giant health pool imo.
    DukeZman wrote: »
    As people have said, he has the lowest base attack in the game. And his fury stacks are so weak too. I've had 6 before and still couldn't hit for over 1k with my 4/40 duped. Also his regen is very meh. His super weak dmg output just nullifies his giant health pool imo.

Couldn't have said it better. Also think that the fact that he's so huge, but he hits like his hand is made of air, kinda gives him a little more stigma than he necessarily deserves. But only a little.
  • Abolitionist333_Abolitionist333_ Posts: 426
    The beginning of a fight KG is at the same base attack as Rocket. Each Fury gives 180 extra attack.. By the time someone applies the 9 armour breaks, which isn’t that difficult, they could literally average 900-1,500 on their fury rounds. These are *permanent* armor breaks by the way.

What I like about him the most is the fact that he takes debuffs and shrugs them off with a fury until all furies are gone, going into yet another regeneration cycle; able to stack up on furies by attacking.

He also slows down the gameplay and lets the game be more enjoyable instead of being fast like all the time..

If you have 6 fury stacks and can’t hit above 1k, you’re obviously not apply the armor breaks and that’s *Not* KG’s problem.
    applying*
    If someone placed him as a defender and has willpower, you can basically tack it up as a regeneration node lol
    for the attacker.. if they know what they’re doing
    I didn’t have any armor breaks and only 2 furies when I did my SP3 recently and I did over 2k.

Just 2 furies. Default. And I get another regeneration buff by doing SP3.. 1,400 health and 50% extra duration if it consumes a fury
    6drvrv1kf9xr.png

These are both without 9 armor breaks and you can see the fury count it was sitting at.. KG’s sp3 isn’t low
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    I have a 5* KG sig 40 R3 and I agree he's very useful... buuuuuut... His damage sucks so when you're doing fights in act 5 chapter 4 or uncollected difficulty he might be taking more damage than he regens.
    I have full suicides to compensate for that but then his regen is cut by 30%.
    Overall fights are very long with him and the low damage makes him **** against regen champs and Antmen and basically every fight where you need high damage.
    But he's quite nice for AQ and other medium difficulty quests.
    Well, running suicides on KG would take away a lot of his health that you would’ve been able to tank with.. I don’t think I’d ever run suicides for KG because his health is what separates him from being one shotted..

It’s hard to do 25k with a 3k regen lol
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    6drvrv1kf9xr.png

These are both without 9 armor breaks and you can see the fury count it was sitting at.. KG’s sp3 isn’t low

Isn't that with all essence buffs? None of those increase attack?
    Right, besides the 2 furies.

I usually run a 10% or 20% health and attack boost for Act 5 questing and KG impressed me.. especially when he’s regen centered
    2wq6emjyy6z4.png

266 x 9 is ~ 2,494 armor.. There can also be an additional 10th but it’s on a timer instead of a permanent..
    670 bass attack + 1,000 conservatively of extra attack without any extra boosts would be pretty dope in a fight.. That attack is high against armored champs and KG has 2,500 armor he can permanently destroy.

KG isn’t bad. And he’s regen centered.. averaging 10% per fury cooldown sitting at a 1/3 of sig power
    I really enjoy seeing KG’s health go down to 70% and not feel bad because of a mistake..
    To use KG, just have your focus be on getting the 9 armor breaks in the fight; have it be your objective. Once you get that first objective, they’re usually sitting around 60% or so and it goes by faster with 9..
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    Just rolled a 4* version. I also have Symbiote Spider-man. I am thinking Symbiote's armor break is more effective (need stun though (simple method)). Is it a correct assessment?
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Why king groot sp2 is 300 damage ????? A 4/55 champ doing 300 damage on the breath hits??? When is kabam fixing this issue???
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    KG is not for everyone as most players crave with a passion high damage and champs who can 100% LOL in about 5 seconds flat. Champs like KG or OG Captain America who have low damage but can stay in a fight forever don't appeal to most players.

KG is indeed great and will do what you say but it's the time it takes is what people don't like.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    He’s only really viable as a 5* or 6* Duped and one of those you’re asking me to dupe a 6* snail 😕

True my sixer KG can ramp up with armor break and his Sp3 has decent regen but it’s mostly the adrenaline and inequity that keep him alive.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    DukeZman wrote: »

You need to get the armor breaks first, then he'll hit 2k on mediums at 2/35 or 4/40. He's good for long fights where you can stack the armor breaks to 9.
    I soloed rol WS with a 2/35 unduped KG with 98% health remaining. Would be full health if he was duped.

Also, this thread's from May.
  • Alex_sc11Alex_sc11 Posts: 191
    I personally run AQ map 5 with my 4star rank 5 , yes fights take a bit long and on the last day you might be beat up by time limit, BUT it wont matter cause his regen is top notch and with a couple of armor breaks and enough furies he has crit in the 3k froma medium, not bad at all. People diss him cause he is not a heavy hitter but he haas toooons of utilities! I just got him as a 5star and I am waiting for him to be dupped!
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    I love my 5* r4 KG. I run degen starburst path on map 6 and he is the only one that can come out of the fight with more health than going in. Yes his attack is relatively weak and he needs the dupe and he isn't LOL material... But he has his place... Especially now his poison sp2 is fixed.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    He's ok, but generally lots of other champs can do his job better.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Extremely weak attack, plus I don't like his play style. He is very slow. He has a few things going for him, but overall, I think he is pretty low tier. I have him as a 5*, but would never take him past R1 unless he gets a buff.
    I mean, KG isn't as terrible as some other champs, but his low tier placement is pretty much because anything he can do, someone else can do better. Regen - IM. Fury - CB. Poison - AA. Armor Break - Thor. So yeah. He's basically like a whittled down combination of all these, and weak to the point that they're nearly useless.