**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should I rate a champion by their number below them?

How much stock should I put into the champion status number below them?

For example, I keep on hearing how great Magik is, but I have a dipped Mordo at a lower ranking, but his character is much higher.

Magik : 4 star, Rank 4/40 unduplicated, no 3245
Mordo : 4 star, Rank 3/30, duplicated if I 32, no 3234

For me, Mordo is a full ranking lower and still appears more powerful.

In my case, should I focus on Mordo over Magik until she dups?

But back to the point, how dependable is the power number each champ hasm

Should I rate a champion by their number below them? 58 votes

It is accurate and helpful
1%
AngusMac279 1 vote
It is not accurate or helpful - but does not really reflect overall character ability
98%
NEORagamugginGunnerTheManMythLegendHell_GoliathScottryanadqqedfyvrAlex13369SungjnameplasAlpha07WaynedavyDean9300450vinniegainzTwmRNemesis666SceptilemaniacSpiderCoolsOrdalcaDuke_SilverRasilover 57 votes

Comments

• DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    a big NO, wolverine and hawkeye are the perfect example of this
  • thegrimmlingthegrimmling Posts: 167
    a big NO, wolverine and hawkeye are the perfect example of this

Explain please.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    It is not accurate or helpful - but does not really reflect overall character ability
    The PI of a character doesn't make them good or bad. Else Wolverine would be considered a trashy champ and Carnage wouldn't have needed the buff, and P2099 would be considered god tier.

I mean, Magik is one of the best champs in her class, maybe even in the entire game. her power control is very useful and helps in a lot of situations. you can leave ur opponents locked in a corner all fight if you use her well. and her Limbo makes her up for your mistakes once you get her duped.

Mordo? Well, he has regeneration, furies (if you fire an SP3, they're cool but somewhat dependable on RNG IIRC). and kills opponents that have a lot of buffs (thing that Magik can do as well). He isn't the best option to use in offense. he isn't bad but Magik does a lot better than him.

That said, you should focus on Magik (and take her to 5/50). Mordo could be 4/40 but at your level I'll rank mostly god or demi god tier champs for harder content (Unless you really like Mordo).
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    PI is a rough estimate of Kabam’s prestige

Prestige only matters if your alliance wants high AQ brackets

But older champs have low prestige and new champs have much higher prestige

But Phoenix is basically trash and has high prestige while Magik is THE GODDES OF POWER CONTROL and has really low prestige
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    PI is a rough estimate of Kabam’s prestige

Prestige only matters if your alliance wants high AQ brackets

But older champs have low prestige and new champs have much higher prestige

But Phoenix is basically trash and has high prestige while Magik is THE GODDES OF POWER CONTROL and has really low prestige

Where you getting prestige per character numbers from?
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★
    Let’s face it. It’s the skill of the player, not the champion rating. If your good enough, a 1* colossus (lvl 1) can be better than a 6* blade (lvl 55).
    I wonder why Kabam does not rework the number to something useful then.
  • Archangel442Archangel442 Posts: 158
    PI is essentially a calculation based off the stats of a hero. It doesn’t tell you what they do, or how well they do it. A character like magik has generally low stats, thus her PI is low. That doesn’t tell you how freaking awesome her power control... you find that out the first time you permalock someone in the corner...

It’s important to remember that base stats are only a small part of the story. Archangel, for example, has perfectly fine stats, but his neurotoxins make him god tier... so if the enemy has bleed and/or poison immune, you’d rather use someone else.

Good characters have more than their stats. That’s really the takeaway here.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    PI doesn’t matter. Thor Rag has I believe the highest PI in the gam or at least is close to the top and I can’t stand him. The numbers don’t matter. Look for abilities and damage.
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    Star Lord, Wolverine etc have low PI, but they are both amazing champions when duped.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Star Lord has a low PI but he has possibly the highest damage output in the game.