**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Instant action required to get the hackers and modders banned

Hey there guys! Recently there has been a big increase in the number of hackers and modders in the game. They cheat and achieve everything that needs time and effort. They cheat and make others pay. The biggest example is arena, due to hacking, they succeed in getting multiple 5*s and hence, score quite a lot and due to this, the honest, hard-working players who deserve the rewards didn't get them... This needs instant action, in order to keep the game safe and fun to play. I have contacted kabam support regarding this issue, and they granted me the permission to start a "Hacker Banning Campaign". This grants me the permission to make a group of people who want to get those cheaters banned permanently and make the game safe, I am making this thread, so that anyone who has any information about any hacker, or if anyone have any kind of suspicion on a player, they can post a comment here, with all the information they could give, including the name of the player, the reason why he suspects him, and a proof which can be a screenshot or a short video. I will do the same and then, when we have gathered enough information, I will give the information to kabam support team, and they will investigate and get those hackers and modders banned. I will keep them updated of the progress from time to time, so as to ban those cheaters as quickly as possible. So I request everyone to give all the information you can to help me and all honest and dedicated players make the game safe. Thanks in advance

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    First of all, f cheaters who deprive others or awards.

Second, Sources? Shadows and bogeymen otherwise. I'm saying thier impact is likely highly exaggerated and people are making them out to be more capable than they are.

Third, you want a public shaming of suspects? Laff. Let the people with the proper tools do their job. Your only move is to provide the evidence to Kabam support as shaming people you "suspect" is wrong on many levels.

Fourth, yeah f cheaters.
  • Coat I am not asking for sources, am just doing my job of work, I need names and evidences, then only I can give any info to kabam support, and any ways, if declaration of the names you suspect is wrong, let it be wrong, because we are giving the info for a good 'cause, not an aimless thing, so I want as much info as I can gather to give it to kabam support...
    And yeah guys, you can contact me via in-game chat system too, just send me a friend request, I will accept it, and you can give me the info. My ID is "Ben FuryTheHero"
    Any info will be appreciated
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Gunzo wrote: »
    First people ask for free champions, then more free champions, then Maestro, then rank down tickets, then compensations, now the power to ban other players...LMAO!!

U forgot about the nerfs
  • Speedbump wrote: »
    and they granted me the permission to start a "Hacker Banning Campaign". This grants me the permission to make a group of people who want to get those cheaters banned permanently

This is laughable

Oh really? Then what do you want to do about the hackers? That was just a way of explaining the matter easily...
  • Gunzo wrote: »
    First people ask for free champions, then more free champions, then Maestro, then rank down tickets, then compensations, now the power to ban other players...LMAO!!

Oh you didn't understand, I don't want the power to ban players, I am just making a group of people, who will tell me about the hackers they have seen, and I will give the info to kabam support team, and they will get them banned, not me...
  • Sirnoob wrote: »
    Gunzo wrote: »

U forgot about the nerfs

Lol yes
  • Now please stop being a fool and stop posting any comments denying this idea, just give information, if you don't like my idea, leave it, but I just want information, so no comments except about information of the hackers
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Coat I am not asking for sources, am just doing my job of work, I need names and evidences, then only I can give any info to kabam support, and any ways, if declaration of the names you suspect is wrong, let it be wrong, because we are giving the info for a good 'cause, not an aimless thing, so I want as much info as I can gather to give it to kabam support...
    And yeah guys, you can contact me via in-game chat system too, just send me a friend request, I will accept it, and you can give me the info. My ID is "Ben FuryTheHero"

It's a bit strange that we have to send you the info first, then you send it to Kabam. I mean, why cant we do that directly? Plus, you have provided no evidence whatsoever that you are an authorised person to be handling such info.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Where to start. First of all, posting the information of Players to call them out is against the rules of the Forum. Secondly, I appreciate that the OP wants to help, but people are encouraged to report suspicious behavior themselves using the In-Game Function to do so. The team will deal with it accordingly. It is not suggested that anyone go through a third party, and it's not necessary to form any kind of "Watchdog Group". If people feel strongly about it, then by all means report people when you see something you think is suspicious. You can do so within the game. It is not advised to post Profiles and IGN's of suspected cheaters because it is against the rules, and it leads to "Witch Hunts".
    I understand that people have seen a certain video and feel enthralled to help, but this fanaticism is not helping the situation. They are doing their job. If people see something, they can report it and let them look into it through the processes already in place. There is no need to start a wide-spread crusade against cheaters. There is staff here for a reason.
  • Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    Coat I am not asking for sources, am just doing my job of work, I need names and evidences, then only I can give any info to kabam support, and any ways, if declaration of the names you suspect is wrong, let it be wrong, because we are giving the info for a good 'cause, not an aimless thing, so I want as much info as I can gather to give it to kabam support...

It's a bit strange that we have to send you the info first, then you send it to Kabam. I mean, why cant we do that directly? Plus, you have provided no evidence whatsoever that you are an authorised person to be handling such info.

First of all, I am not an authorized person from kabam,
    Second, why can I handle such info? Because kabam granted me the permission to start this thread over here...
    Third, if you just report individually, you can't seek kabam's much attention, because they have other things to do too, if we send several reports all at once we can make kabam take an action quickly....
    Fourth, if you don't wanna give the info, don't give it, already wrote that, if you don't like my idea, don't do anything, but don't post nonsense comments, this thread is not for general discussion...
  • Where to start. First of all, posting the information of Players to call them out is against the rules of the Forum. Secondly, I appreciate that the OP wants to help, but people are encouraged to report suspicious behavior themselves using the In-Game Function to do so. The team will deal with it accordingly. It is not suggested that anyone go through a third party, and it's not necessary to form any kind of "Watchdog Group". If people feel strongly about it, then by all means report people when you see something you think is suspicious. You can do so within the game. It is not advised to post Profiles and IGN's of suspected cheaters because it is against the rules, and it leads to "Witch Hunts".
    I understand that people have seen a certain video and feel enthralled to help, but this fanaticism is not helping the situation. They are doing their job. If people see something, they can report it and let them look into it through the processes already in place. There is no need to start a wide-spread crusade against cheaters. There is staff here for a reason.

1. I know it's against the rules of forums, but kabam support itself told me to make a post here and gather info (if you want proof, you can ask it here) and you can scratch off the name and ally by editing the screenshot, and then send it here, plus, you can contact me via in-game chat
    2. People have already reported via in-game report feature, but kabam doesn't do much about it
    3. I am not making a "Watchdog Group", just a thread to help kabam get those cheaters banned, and I made it here also because I don't wanna use any third party app, it makes situations worse and more complicated, and people already tried a lot by reporting, but kabam didn't do anything
    4. Yes it is not advised to send profiles, but you can at least tell us the reason why you suspect the particular player (of course without revealing the name) and send the screenshot of his profile with scratching the name and ally name off, this will not lead to a witch hunt
    5. No, I saw that video after I made this thread here, so I just tried to help kabam on my own, not because of any video, and I know that fanaticism is not helping the situation, but at least we can try together, and they can't do third job quickly without help
    6. People can't do anything on third own, we need as many help as possible, and I am not starting any wide-spread crusade, just a try to help kabam get those banned
    7. I know there is staff here for a reason, but they need help to do the job quickly
  • AfridAfrid Posts: 529 ★★
    I don't think Kabaam does anything about it. I'm not sure if they can do anything about it either. I have reported a guy who said he did the LOL 100% using mods. He had a 4/40 VP as his top champ months ago. I still see him in global claiming that he would do LOL 100% for money
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    edited July 2017

Have a mod come in here and tell us we should give the info to you first....then you may gain some credibility....otherwise the rest of us that do report hackers will likely continue to contact support ourselves. I have no problem with someone promoting hacker awareness..cheaters are scum....but it seems less efficient to add another step to the process (a middleman) when we can just do it ourselves.

Plus Kabam support has nothing to do with these forums....it is why when someone posts an issue here the mods tell them to contact support.....and I can guarantee they do not want a thread of people posting the names of cheaters....as it has been stated that is against forum rules

They likely encouraged you to make a thread telling people to report hackers....and you somehow made it into a job title and possibly have already created some sort of badge that you are currently wearing in your shirt.....
  • Solswerd wrote: »

Have a mod come in here and tell us we should give the info to you first....then you may gain some credibility....otherwise the rest of us that do report hackers will likely continue to contact support ourselves. I have no problem with someone promoting hacker awareness..cheaters are scum....but it seems less efficient to add another step to the process (a middleman) when we can just do it ourselves.

Plus Kabam support has nothing to do with these forums....it is why when someone posts an issue here the mods tell them to contact support.....and I can guarantee they do not want a thread of people posting the names of cheaters....as it has been stated that is against forum rules

They likely encouraged you to make a thread telling people to report hackers....and you somehow made it into a job title and possibly have already created some sort of badge that you are currently wearing in your shirt.....
    For the last time, I am saying, if you don't wanna help us, don't, but stop sending nonsense posts, go report them on your own if you want,

And the guys who are with me, send a friend request to me in the game, my ID is "Ben FuryTheHero"
    We can talk there
    Thanks in advance to those who are with me
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »

Second, why can I handle such info? Because kabam granted me the permission to start this thread over here...
    Third, if you just report individually, you can't seek kabam's much attention, because they have other things to do too, if we send several reports all at once we can make kabam take an action quickly....
    Fourth, if you don't wanna give the info, don't give it, already wrote that, if you don't like my idea, don't do anything, but don't post nonsense comments, this thread is not for general discussion...

First point: Ok, fair enough, we already know you are not an authorised person.

Second point: Kabam granted you the permission? Ok, look, we cannot believe you unless you provide evidence that Kabam supports you and your idea through either a screenshot, or an official mod telling us here. You cannot blame anyone here for not believing you due to lack of evidence.

Third point: What makes you think that you sending the reports in multitudes makes a better difference than individual reports? I am sure whenever a report is made, they get organised so that Kabam is able to see all these reports at one go. Regardless of this, if they are busy, then this doesn't really matter.

Fourth point: "this thread is not for general discussion". Ok, this point really takes the cake. We cannot discuss about your idea, and whenever someone does such a thing, it is a "nonsense comment"? You know, that's taking ridiculousness to a whole new level. This is a forum. A. Forum. Forums are meant for DISCUSSION, that's what FORUMS are for. You don't go making a thread then saying "You shall not discuss here" just because you don't like some people's comments.
  • ArmandStar wrote: »
    too bad, some people don't believe things unless they see evidence. what happened with trusting each other

Agree with you bro :wink:
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    too bad, some people don't believe things unless they see evidence. what happened with trusting each other

I mean, this is something really serious, we are talking about potential hackers/modders and sharing their suspected info to a player who claims they have been given the right to manage such information. Of course evidence is required.
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    You think just because you can make a new thread on a forum that Kabam has granted you permission to do this?

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.....

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Where to start. First of all, posting the information of Players to call them out is against the rules of the Forum. Secondly, I appreciate that the OP wants to help, but people are encouraged to report suspicious behavior themselves using the In-Game Function to do so. The team will deal with it accordingly. It is not suggested that anyone go through a third party, and it's not necessary to form any kind of "Watchdog Group". If people feel strongly about it, then by all means report people when you see something you think is suspicious. You can do so within the game. It is not advised to post Profiles and IGN's of suspected cheaters because it is against the rules, and it leads to "Witch Hunts".

1. I know it's against the rules of forums, but kabam support itself told me to make a post here and gather info (if you want proof, you can ask it here) and you can scratch off the name and ally by editing the screenshot, and then send it here, plus, you can contact me via in-game chat
    2. People have already reported via in-game report feature, but kabam doesn't do much about it
    3. I am not making a "Watchdog Group", just a thread to help kabam get those cheaters banned, and I made it here also because I don't wanna use any third party app, it makes situations worse and more complicated, and people already tried a lot by reporting, but kabam didn't do anything
    4. Yes it is not advised to send profiles, but you can at least tell us the reason why you suspect the particular player (of course without revealing the name) and send the screenshot of his profile with scratching the name and ally name off, this will not lead to a witch hunt
    5. No, I saw that video after I made this thread here, so I just tried to help kabam on my own, not because of any video, and I know that fanaticism is not helping the situation, but at least we can try together, and they can't do third job quickly without help
    6. People can't do anything on third own, we need as many help as possible, and I am not starting any wide-spread crusade, just a try to help kabam get those banned
    7. I know there is staff here for a reason, but they need help to do the job quickly

1. I'm almost positive you misinterpreted what Support told you because they would not advise you to make a post asking for information on cheaters. You are not ordained by Kabam to gather information on who is cheating, and no one needs to send information to you, because it will not speed up the processes that are already in place.
    2. The idea that they do nothing about Reports is false.
    3. It takes time to investigate Reports. Conjecturing that they did nothing is an assumption. They don't speak about actions taken, and bans are not immediate or done lightly. You can post what you like here as long as it abides by the rules.
    4. There is no "us" to report suspicious behavior to. You are not the staff responsible for handling reports. People are encouraged to do that themselves to Kabam. What you're encouraging people to do is go against the process of Reporting and use you as a middle man. This is inviting problems.
    5. We can help by making Reports through the proper channels.
    6. People can Report on their own, and Kabam is capable of doing its job.
    7. Administering disciplinary actions takes time because the investigation process is thorough. The only help they need with this is people brining issues to their attention for themselves, not through a third party. Furthermore, it is likely that those suspected are already being investigated because they examine all Accounts that finish End-Game Content. That takes time, especially when there are a number popping up.

I appreciate you trying to help, but the Reporting Function is the way to go. If you have brought something to their attention and you're concerned about it being looked at, you can PM a Mod and explain that. Having people send you information is exacerbating the situation.
    Solswerd wrote: »

I really think this reply sums up the misunderstanding here. I really believe that Kabam told you to create a thread that tells people to report hackers to support and not on the forums. OR, they encouraged you to tell people who make hacker reports on the forums to instead report it to support instead.

I'm not eliminating any possibility here, but this explanation seems much more believable than Kabam telling you that you have been "granted the permission to start a "Hacker Banning Campaign" and that grants you the permission to make a group of people who want to get those cheaters banned permanently". If Kabam really wanted you to start such a campaign, I'd think they make a thread about it for you to manage, thus giving us a heads-up that you can do so.
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »

First point: Ok, fair enough, we already know you are not an authorised person.

Second point: Kabam granted you the permission? Ok, look, we cannot believe you unless you provide evidence that Kabam supports you and your idea through either a screenshot, or an official mod telling us here. You cannot blame anyone here for not believing you due to lack of evidence.

Third point: What makes you think that you sending the reports in multitudes makes a better difference than individual reports? I am sure whenever a report is made, they get organised so that Kabam is able to see all these reports at one go. Regardless of this, if they are busy, then this doesn't really matter.

Fourth point: "this thread is not for general discussion". Ok, this point really takes the cake. We cannot discuss about your idea, and whenever someone does such a thing, it is a "nonsense comment"? You know, that's taking ridiculousness to a whole new level. This is a forum. A. Forum. Forums are meant for DISCUSSION, that's what FORUMS are for. You don't go making a thread then saying "You shall not discuss here" just because you don't like some people's comments.

1. You want evidence? Right, I will give you a screenshot, or you can ask the kabam support itself, if you still don't believe me.
    2. Because, kabam support is in touch with me currently, so if I send reports in multitudes, we can seek their attention. And check out other threads, they clearly mention kabam can't do anything on it's own, because there is a lot of people hacking the game, so it needs a lot of time to figure out which ones, so we are doing the job for them
    3. You can discuss about my idea, but how much? It's been three days since I made this thread, and you guys are only complaining instead of helping.
    4. I know forums are for discussion, I am not a noob anyways, but this thread is intended more for information rather than senseless complaining
  • BenFuryTheHero456BenFuryTheHero456 Posts: 79
    edited July 2017
    Noobeeus wrote: »
    You think just because you can make a new thread on a forum that Kabam has granted you permission to do this?

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.....

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Yes,they did...
  • Where to start. First of all, posting the information of Players to call them out is against the rules of the Forum. Secondly, I appreciate that the OP wants to help, but people are encouraged to report suspicious behavior themselves using the In-Game Function to do so. The team will deal with it accordingly. It is not suggested that anyone go through a third party, and it's not necessary to form any kind of "Watchdog Group". If people feel strongly about it, then by all means report people when you see something you think is suspicious. You can do so within the game. It is not advised to post Profiles and IGN's of suspected cheaters because it is against the rules, and it leads to "Witch Hunts".

1. I'm almost positive you misinterpreted what Support told you because they would not advise you to make a post asking for information on cheaters. You are not ordained by Kabam to gather information on who is cheating, and no one needs to send information to you, because it will not speed up the processes that are already in place.
    2. The idea that they do nothing about Reports is false.
    3. It takes time to investigate Reports. Conjecturing that they did nothing is an assumption. They don't speak about actions taken, and bans are not immediate or done lightly. You can post what you like here as long as it abides by the rules.
    4. There is no "us" to report suspicious behavior to. You are not the staff responsible for handling reports. People are encouraged to do that themselves to Kabam. What you're encouraging people to do is go against the process of Reporting and use you as a middle man. This is inviting problems.
    5. We can help by making Reports through the proper channels.
    6. People can Report on their own, and Kabam is capable of doing its job.
    7. Administering disciplinary actions takes time because the investigation process is thorough. The only help they need with this is people brining issues to their attention for themselves, not through a third party. Furthermore, it is likely that those suspected are already being investigated because they examine all Accounts that finish End-Game Content. That takes time, especially when there are a number popping up.

I appreciate you trying to help, but the Reporting Function is the way to go. If you have brought something to their attention and you're concerned about it being looked at, you can PM a Mod and explain that. Having people send you information is exacerbating the situation.
    1. I didn't misinterpret it
    2. Check out other threads about what they do
    3. I know that it takes time to take actions
    4. It is, I am addressing me, and all of the players who are helping...
    5. Yes you can, but an individual report is not enough
    6. They can, but as I mentioned before, kabam has other works to do, so one can only seek their attention by sending multiple reports all at one time
    7. That's why am telling you guys to help them
    8. Here a proof that they gave me the permission to make this thread and gather information and give it to them...
    7v31kesmw7ok.jpg

• 2g0eibxmgdza.jpg
    And I answered them the next day...
    Solswerd wrote: »

I really think this reply sums up the misunderstanding here. I really believe that Kabam told you to create a thread that tells people to report hackers to support and not on the forums. OR, they encouraged you to tell people who make hacker reports on the forums to instead report it to support instead.

I'm not eliminating any possibility here, but this explanation seems much more believable than Kabam telling you that you have been "granted the permission to start a "Hacker Banning Campaign" and that grants you the permission to make a group of people who want to get those cheaters banned permanently". If Kabam really wanted you to start such a campaign, I'd think they make a thread about it for you to manage, thus giving us a heads-up that you can do so.

They will not give a heads up, I already told them to leave a post here, so that you guys can trust me, here is what they answered, they said they can't do this, because this was my idea, so I must manage it on my own, here, another screenshot for this answer....
    coy2undcfuxh.jpg
  • So, do you guys now trust me? And please read and see all of my screenshots and what I wrote carefully, then only you will understand and trust me...
  • MRJygMRJyg Posts: 19
    So, do you guys now trust me? And please read and see all of my screenshots and what I wrote carefully, then only you will understand and trust me...

We do trust you,but we lost faith to Kabam
    After so much report