**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Brainstorming Potential Beta Revamps

I personally believe all of the Beta Revamp Champs were a Success from Red Hulk and Luke Cage To Venom and Carnage. Now whos next? who do guys think needs rework and why? I know there's a lot of champs that need it but who do you guys think need it mostly? Just for conversation

Comments

• BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    Unstoppable Colossus.
  • BinoyThomasBinoyThomas Posts: 27
    Colossus
  • How about what we all are at heart, We. Are. GROOT!!!!!
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    I think Magneto and Colossus are long overdo for a revamp. All they need to do is make mags magnetism work like blades danger sense only with heroes and up his attack a little bit. Colossus should be double immune with an upgrade to his damage out put and have an ability similar to the armor on civil war panther.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    DPX and Colossus here... or HB and IP
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    Iron patriot good use some work. They need to fix his Sig ability since it recovers his health but stops his armor break ability. Maybe make his special one cause power drain.
  • BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    I'll revisit my notion that Unstoppable Colossus needs to be reworked (and by extension, Colossus).

First, Unstoppable Colossus is available for purchase in the Loyalty store, but why would you ever want to spend loyalty on a Champion that is Colossus (quite underwhelming) that trades out enhanced Armor Rating for the Unstoppable power from Juggernaut and adds in some Fury? Sure, the Unstoppable power is more useful and interesting, but it's not enough to make the Champion worth our collective whiles.

Let's compare. I have a 3-star 4/40 (Sig 99) version of both Champions, so I'll use them as my basis for comparison:
    • Max PI - Colossus = 2,312; Unstoppable Colossus = 2,210
    • Attack - Colossus = 476; Unstoppable Colossus = 485
    • Health - Colossus = 6,738; Unstoppable Colossus = 6,553
    • Critical Rating - Colossus = 353; Unstoppable Colossus = 353
    • Critical Damage Rating - Colossus = 463; Unstoppable Colossus = 463
    • Armor Rating - Colossus = 277; Unstoppable Colossus = 277
    • Block Proficiency - Colossus = 2,775; Unstoppable Colossus = 2,775
    • Abilities - Colossus = Bleed Immunity, Armor; Unstoppable Colossus = Bleed Immunity, Armor, Fury
    So, overall, Unstoppable Colossus has a lower Power Index due to less health, but has 2% more Attack power. He gets Fury on Special 2 instead of more Armor like Colossus gets. Hold me back, baby.

Compare the two to someone like, say... Mordo. Okay Champ - nothin' super special about him, but Kabam likes to use him as a challenge in AQ, so why not? 3-star 4/40 (Sig 99):
    • Max PI - Mordo = 2,726
    • Attack - Mordo = 471
    • Health - Mordo = 6,368
    • Critical Rating - Mordo = 553
    • Critical Damage Rating - Mordo = 650
    • Armor Rating - Mordo = 140
    • Block Proficiency - Mordo = 1,778
    • Abilities - Mordo = Degeneration, Soul Barb, Mirror Dimension

Maybe someone similar in Power to Colossus/Unstoppable Colossus? Sure. Here's Iron Man 3-star 4/40 (Sig 99):
    • Max PI - Iron Man = 2,259
    • Attack - Iron Man = 434
    • Health - Iron Man = 5,691
    • Critical Rating - Iron Man = 553
    • Critical Damage Rating - Iron Man = 650
    • Armor Rating - Iron Man = 229
    • Block Proficiency - Iron Man = 3,289
    • Abilities - Iron Man = Armor, Armor Break

A bit weaker than Colossus, but stronger than Unstoppable Colossus. But, let's compare to a Champion that just got an update. Here's Venom 3-star 4/40 (only Sig 64):
    • Max PI - Venom = 2,419
    • Attack - Venom = 498
    • Health - Venom = 6,984
    • Critical Rating - Venom = 302
    • Critical Damage Rating - Venom = 463
    • Armor Rating - Venom = 206
    • Block Proficiency - Venom = 2,355
    • Abilities - Venom = Klyntar Mutation, Bleed, True Strike, Fury

Essentially, what it boils down to is the fact that Unstoppable Colossus is such an underwhelming Champion... so why is he the special "for purchase" loyalty store Champion? If you have to spend 365,000 for a 4-star or 800,000 for a 5-star, they should be worth that much loyalty. I'm not saying that he should be the absolute best Champion out there, but who would ever want to spend that much on such an underwhelming Champion? That's why I think that Kabam should make Unstoppable Colossus worth the loyalty. So, both he and normal Colossus badly need an update to make them anything other than poor Champions that did not age well as the Contest has developed. To be fair, they were never stellar Champions to begin with.

Best wishes!