**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

NYCC Recap, Talks W/ Kabam & more!

RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
Sup everybody! I went to my first ever Comicon on Saturday and it was pretty cool! Ill skip the small details and get to the juicy stuff.

-Well first off, I was the second person to take down Thanos. Losing to Dirk by 1 second on the challenge. Had I went to NYCC on any other day, literally, i would have made the finals. But! It is all good, congrats to Dirk and it was such a good time meeting members of the community and the youtubers. (first time playing on an ipad, acually not bad!)

-After several talks with Kabam representatives i can confidently confirm a few things.

Alliance War- Sad to say that those alliances who have to faced the alliances that have been reduced in rating due to piloting, and inevitability lose....that will not change. Tough luck, kabam says! Unfortunately, at this time this is how Kabam is going to be dealing with things. There are thousands of alliances out there and the odds of you getting matched up with one of those is low, but it happens! Just look at it as a learning experience i guess lol

Gold- Gold has been scarce in the community for a long time and it will continue to be! After talks about the gold realm, arena and dungeons i can confirm that there will NEVER be another gold realm. Especially like the ones we saw a year or two ago where you could rack up on 365k a day. I was told "we have to maintain a certain level of scarcity with gold, and dungeons was one way we wanted to implement more gold to the community."

Kabam 2025- I wasnt able to get that much information about the future of MCOC, but i can confirm that there are plans for MCOC at least through 2025, which we can probably speculate that 7-8* champions will be among us in the future. As we already see 5* have started to be devalued.

AW Piloting- Kabam has brought the hammer down on piloting! I am not going to take sides on the issue here, but i will say that Kabam has every intention on finding the cheaters, and punishing them. Even if it means those top spenders and alliances. The current punishment looks like it will stay the same, at least for now. So guys, just stop piloting. You will be caught.

That's all the info i have folks! If you didn't make it to NYCC this year, try and make it next year! A lot of free stuff and chances to meet members of the community and the Kabam staff.

Cheers!

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Rixob wrote: »
    Sup everybody! I went to my first ever Comicon on Saturday and it was pretty cool! Ill skip the small details and get to the juicy stuff.

-Well first off, I was the second person to take down Thanos. Losing to Dirk by 1 second on the challenge. Had I went to NYCC on any other day, literally, i would have made the finals. But! It is all good, congrats to Dirk and it was such a good time meeting members of the community and the youtubers. (first time playing on an ipad, acually not bad!)

-After several talks with Kabam representatives i can confidently confirm a few things.

Alliance War- Sad to say that those alliances who have to faced the alliances that have been reduced in rating due to piloting, and inevitability lose....that will not change. Tough luck, kabam says! Unfortunately, at this time this is how Kabam is going to be dealing with things. There are thousands of alliances out there and the odds of you getting matched up with one of those is low, but it happens! Just look at it as a learning experience i guess lol

Gold- Gold has been scarce in the community for a long time and it will continue to be! After talks about the gold realm, arena and dungeons i can confirm that there will NEVER be another gold realm. Especially like the ones we saw a year or two ago where you could rack up on 365k a day. I was told "we have to maintain a certain level of scarcity with gold, and dungeons was one way we wanted to implement more gold to the community."

Kabam 2025- I wasnt able to get that much information about the future of MCOC, but i can confirm that there are plans for MCOC at least through 2025, which we can probably speculate that 7-8* champions will be among us in the future. As we already see 5* have started to be devalued.

AW Piloting- Kabam has brought the hammer down on piloting! I am not going to take sides on the issue here, but i will say that Kabam has every intention on finding the cheaters, and punishing them. Even if it means those top spenders and alliances. The current punishment looks like it will stay the same, at least for now. So guys, just stop piloting. You will be caught.

That's all the info i have folks! If you didn't make it to NYCC this year, try and make it next year! A lot of free stuff and chances to meet members of the community and the Kabam staff.

Cheers!

I cant say how I know you are lying right now but I know for a fact that what you said about AW/piloting punishments is false.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★

@Demonzfyre
    I cant say how I know you are lying right now but I know for a fact that what you said about AW/piloting punishments is false. [/quote]

Oh.
    @Demonzfyre
    I cant say how I know you are lying right now but I know for a fact that what you said about AW/piloting punishments is false.

Oh.[/quote]

What?
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    You had a great run against Thanos, I watched all of the videos. Really wish I could have been there to give it a shot, but alas. Thanks for the news either way.

@Demonzfyre I'm curious to know how you know that what you know is more accurate than what @Rixob knows... Not taking sides here, I am just curious for any information that we can get on the situation of AW and cheating/piloting.
    Werewrym wrote: »
    You had a great run against Thanos, I watched all of the videos. Really wish I could have been there to give it a shot, but alas. Thanks for the news either way.

@Demonzfyre I'm curious to know how you know that what you know is more accurate than what @Rixob knows...

I signed a NDA. Not allowed to say but also dont want untruths spread.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

@Demonzfyre I'm curious to know how you know that what you know is more accurate than what @Rixob knows...

Are you one of the content creators? Or is it just something that has happened via the forums? Guess I had no idea how exactly some of the players are involved with Kabam.
    edited October 2018

Are you one of the content creators? Or is it just something that has happened via the forums? Guess I had no idea how exactly some of the players are involved with Kabam.

I dont want to get any more detailed as i dont want to get in trouble. All I can say is what he said about punishments is not true. They are listening and have heard us as a community.

I dont want to get any more detailed as .i dont want to get in trouble. All I can say is what he said about punishments is not true. They are listening and have heard us as a community.

I am simply quoting what i was told at comicon. I asked about the Aw punishments and how allys in lower tiers complain about facing alliances that have been docked and was told "tough luck."
    Was also told that piloters will be punished, even if it means the very top alliances. he did not say if there will be changes to punishment, or when.

I dont want to get any more detailed as .i dont want to get in trouble. All I can say is what he said about punishments is not true. They are listening and have heard us as a community.

I am simply quoting what i was told at comicon. I asked about the Aw punishments and how allys in lower tiers complain about facing alliances that have been docked and was told "tough luck."
    Was also told that piloters will be punished, even if it means the very top alliances. he did not say if there will be changes to punishment, or when.

By who?

Was also told that piloters will be punished, even if it means the very top alliances. he did not say if there will be changes to punishment, or when.[/quote]

By who? [/quote]

Tbh idk his name. I didnt ask for his name. But if you have more information but cant share it, this convo is useless lol. I am not saying this is true, i am simply stating what i was TOLD. You have trouble comprehending?
    Do i need to spell it out for you?
  • shortpkershortpker Posts: 72
    All hearsay
    shortpker wrote: »
    All hearsay

lol right, they probably just blowing smoke
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018

Odds aren’t really low. My alliance has matched against 3 of them of the 12 wars in one season.
    Pennmabob wrote: »
    shortpker wrote: »
    All hearsay

lol right, they probably just blowing smoke

Nice run against thanos bro, unlucky though on not beating Durk, it was close.

thanks, if i had one more poise charge i would have won
    xNig wrote: »

Odds aren’t really low. My alliance has matched against 3 of them of the 12 wars in one season.

that is very unfortunate bro.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Did you talk to Dave from Accounting? He will say anything
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Cheers!

Based on what I've read above, I have no reason to believe that @Rixob is lying when he says he was told those things by a Kabam employee at NYCC. I think you're jumping the gun on that conclusion. In fact, I believe @Rixob is echoing some things I would expect a game developer would be more likely to say, and a player making it up would be less likely to say.
  • Hey Rixob!

It was really great to meet you on Saturday! Sorry for adding that little bit of extra pressure on you right before you started your fight! You had a great fight though, and taking down that Thanos in 2 minutes is a bragging right itself!

I think there may have been some confusion and information lost in translation in your conversations with the team though, and I want to clear some of them up for you and everybody that’s reading.

Cheating and Piloting in Alliance Wars: This is something we’re always working on, and both our methods for finding Alliances that are not playing fair, and to punish them have evolved multiple times in the past, and will continue to in the future. Until we review our data and determine a new method of punishing offenders, we don’t have any plans to change the punishments. But, as you all know, these things are always in motion, so as we continue to look at how offenders are breaking the rules, we will review and adapt our punishments in accordance. We realize the frustration that playing against an Alliance that has dropped Ranks due to being caught for cheating is not a good experience, and nobody wants that situation. That said, you’re right that we’re going to keep bringing down that hammer for cheating, piloting, and colluding in Alliance Wars, and are only going to get better and better at finding and punishing those that do!

Gold: There does need to be some scarcity to gold in the game (just like every resource), but as we have said in the past, we’re working on ways to inject more gold into the economy on a day to day basis. We’ve already taken steps towards this, including Dungeons and moving all of the Gold rewards in Arenas to earlier milestones. We didn’t say that the Gold Realms would never come back, but we don’t want to rely on those for putting Gold into the system, as they’re just huge booms of Gold, and not sustainable over time.

2025: There is potential for something like higher Tier Champions to enter the Contest, but that doesn’t mean that your current Roster is going to be devalued. 5-Star Champions are the most accessible they’ve ever been, and are very powerful. They hold their own in comparison to their 6-Star counterparts, but will naturally not be as strong as a Rank 3 6-Star when that comes in.

Really glad to hear you had a good time, because we definitely enjoyed having you there!

For anybody that wasn’t there, Rixob also had the fastest time at beating our Qualifier Boss that day!
This discussion has been closed.