**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] 20.0 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for Android users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
    Device and Model: (Example, Samsung Galaxy S6)
    Device Operating System: (Example, 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
    Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is for users on the 20.0 version of the game only. (Example, 17.1.5)
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

[/quote]
    Game name:Rocking_Star
    Device:Nokia 7 plus
    Issue:Wifi and mobile data both.
    Game version:20.0.1
    Game Mode:every game mode(EQ,SQ,AQ,AW)
    Description:
    As the game opens there are two white square patches on the screen in few places.
    The photos of the heroes are not shown,they r just blank,with a frame.
    Every time we navigate from one screen to another,the game hangs for 5 mins when nothing works(the heroes pictures and not shown at all),then you can move from one node to another(still no pictures).
    After opening some of the crystals,the rewards isn't shown.[\i]
    [\quote]
  • abelarmiabelarmi Posts: 86
    Abelarmi
    Pixel XL
    OS 9
    Both
    All game modes

Cannot see icons, cannot move in AQ, AW, Story , EQ or anything. Takes forever to load and cannot move or fight.

PLEASE HELP ASAP. Two AWs left in the season and my alliance needs me.
  • all the problems are still bearable if you have the spare time, but one that cant be tolerated is the overheating issue.
    Have to stop playing every one hour because i refuse to risk my phone.
  • In-Game Name:Adity2899
    Device and Model: Oneplus 6
    Device Operating System: Android 9
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 20.1.0
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: Constant laggs, fails to load images, arenas show blank squares all over the screen, no images on the champs, in alliance quest it takes forever to be able to move. Cannot move in the crystals or any other tab. No icons are visible.
  • TheRealSugarTheRealSugar Posts: 7
    In-Game Name: The Real Sugar
    Device and Model: Google Pixel 2
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, Verizon
    Game Mode: All of It
    Description of the Issue: Many images in the game do not load, including champ avatars and ISO-8. Game screens take minutes to load between each move. Lagging graphics when starting fights.
  • In-Game Name: Punish3r_0
    Device and Model: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Description of the Issue: Game screens take minutes to load between each move. Lagging graphics when starting fights. Dungeons are impossible to play: every screen takes too much time to load and the other player plays alone and then obviously closes. Crystal animation lags too much before opening it. I've just left my ally and the game for now. I cannot destroy my phone for a game. Phone temperature reaches 37°C
  • KeeneKeene Posts: 9
    xig36d5gmh0v.png
    o7po7hcnlj3b.png
    b0clwpjixj6u.png
    In Game name: RyanKeene
    Device: Google Pixel 2 XL
    Operating System: 9.0
    Network: occurs on both cellular (at&t), and WiFi
    Game version: 20.1.0
    Issue: graphics will not load on device causing play issues as well as item management issues. See screenshots.
  • glutarateglutarate Posts: 5
    In Game name: ketogenesis
    Device: essential phone ph-1
    Operating System: 9.0
    Network: both cellular 4g lte, and WiFi
    Issue: FIRST NO IMAGES, REINSTALLED. NOW I CANT DO ANYTHING, NO RESPONSE IN ANY MODE - STORY/AQ/AW!
    cant play at all. it worked OK without images until i reinstalled few minutes ago.
  • Exactly like @TheRealSugar

In-Game Name: The Real Sugar
    Device and Model: Google Pixel 2 XL
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, Rogers
    Description of the Issue: Many images in the game do not load, including champ avatars and ISO-8. Game screens take minutes to load between each move. Lagging graphics when starting fights.
  • FreakydFreakyd Posts: 200
    Oneplus 6
    Still getting lag in fights and slow loading but this is hugely improved compared to other updates :/
  • ShmemberlockShmemberlock Posts: 68
    In-Game Name: Shmemberlock
    Device and Model: Axon zte
    Device Operating System: 7.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi and cellular
    Game Version Installed: 20.0.0
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Danger modes, opening crystals and just everywhere in general
    Description of the Issue: lagging, choppiness, in game freezing making it impossible to have fair fights. Problems with parry. Non responsive champs.
  • In-Game Name: parag27
    Device and Model: OnePlus 6
    Device Operating System: Oxygen OS 9.0 - Android 9
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi and Cellular
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Danger modes, opening crystals
    Description of the Issue: lagging and in game freezing making it impossible to play.
  • LtSomersetLtSomerset Posts: 9
    Game name: LTSOMERSET
    Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
    Issue: Mobile data, loading screen, slowdown, crashes and freezing.
    Game Mode: EQ, AQ, AW, Arena, Crystal opening.
    Description:
    After I finished an AQ/AW/EQ fight, it took 2minutes and 45seconds to take me back to the map. I keep waiting in that symbiotic duck screen. My internet connection isn't an issue. When I try to fight any arena, at the selection screen, it freezes and it takes a little time to answer any selection I do. When I try to open a Crystal, it's often to crash, I almost always have to shut down the app and open it again, it also freezes when I make the crystal start to spin and slowdown while spin. The accuracy of hitting in sequence felt, when it starts to buff/debuff the in-fight mode, it also freezes and I almost always have no gap to move back and defend or keep on hitting. Sometime, it shows a static chatacter in the middle of the scenario at in-fight modes of EQ.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Once again, the phone is automatically erasing all game data without permission, with the "excuse" to free some space.
    This happens 3x per week. And it just happened to me twice in a row. 3 hours to download the game due to this.

Alcatel One Touch 7041X
    Android 4.2.2.
  • CrawlingChaosCrawlingChaos Posts: 13
    In-Game Name: Crawling Chaos
    Device Operating System: 9.0 (5th Sep 2018 patches)
    Cellular or WiFi: Both. Uk EE for cellular
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Inventory, Champions, etc.
    Description of the Issue: missing graphics, white boxes, no touch controls for 1 to 2 minutes.

Missing graphics of champs, items, etc. (See screen shots), frozen screen for sometimes 1 or 2 minutes before any touch controls work, etc.

Have tried clearing app cache, then tried clearing game data, then uninstall/reinstall. All without success.

Game is basically unplayable now add I'm missing out on rewards and advancement.

CC

xhtffz2kaaxl.png
    givk7jjo1c4d.png
    l1fnjndj965g.png
    4fjci599ect3.png
  • CrawlingChaosCrawlingChaos Posts: 13
    edited October 2018
    Follow-up to my post above. I've noticed my screen is frozen and non responsive until the chat banner appears at the bottom of the screen. Then the touch controls return. Game lag and missing graphics remain.
    Crawling Chaos

dl3cbwxer0qt.jpeg

jvcteg95m5eq.jpeg
  • DarkprocessorDarkprocessor Posts: 15
    Hi all! Latest version installed a few hours ago... See there! No more Problems ! Works like a charm now !
    @kabam please remember that we lost fights and time for nearly 6 weeks..... Free interesting gifts would be the least you can do...
    Thanks a lot !
  • Robase73Robase73 Posts: 2
    edited October 2018
    In-Game Name: Robase73
    Device Operating System: 9
    Cellular or WiFi: both, Verizon
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, War, opening crystals and just everywhere in general
    Description of the Issue: My game has white patches all over and I can barely see anything. Also, game keeps freezing up.
  • SaumilSaumil Posts: 2
    Hello,

I'm having an issue after latest Android update.
    Game shows white squares. No icons are loaded. I can claim the crystals. That's about it.

Kabam support told me there's a problem with my display. Lol

Game name: Saumil
    Phone: essential ph-1
    Android : version 9(pie) with October 2018 patch
    I reset my phone couple of times. Reinstalled the game couple of times. After resetting my phone I haven't installed any other apps. There's definitely enough ram and no display issue whatsoever.

I have attached the screenshot.

Don't know what to do.

Can anyone help?

Thank you,
    Saumil
  • In-Game Name: cjanine
    Device and Model: lg k20
    Device Operating System: Android
    Cellular or WiFi: AT&T cellular data
    Game Version Installed: 20.1.1
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Crystal scene
    Description of the Issue: trying to open crystal is to complicated, does not work the way I need to and spends my units getting crystals I never intended to buy. Y'all need to shut down the server and code for a few days to fix all issues. This is the worse and its been this way for months.
  • EgeCEgeC Posts: 128
    Game name: EG3Po
    Device: Samsung Note 9 128GB
    Issue:Wifi and mobile data both
    Game version:20.0.1
    Game Mode:every game mode(EQ,SQ,AQ,AW)
    Description:

I have trouble with evades. It happens multiple ways:
    1) When holding block: Dragging finger to left doesn't evade unless I try to do it way ahead of the incoming attack. Happens very often against Sentinel and Iron Man Infinity War
    2) Regular evade: On shorter distances, when I move my finger in time with attacks, I either get hit or get hit on the second part of an attack. Feels like the dash back distance has shortened. Second part hit happens 90% of the time against Domino's second light hit after her first double medium. Trying to dash back doesn't work and I get hit.

I tried the ones above on two phones. I don't have issues on my older phone, a Galaxy S7 Edge 32GB running 8.0.0. On my Note 9, I haven't been able to play properly from the start. Tried changing the way I placed my hands in multiple ways, doesn't work.
  • In-Game Name:Adity2899
    Device and Model: Oneplus 6
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: Constant laggs, fails to load images, arenas show blank squares all over the screen, no images on the champs. Cannot move in the crystals or any other tab. No icons are visible. Cannot start any quests.i tap on quests and it's goes into loading forever.i then have to force close it to open again.
  • Jac094Jac094 Posts: 198
    Jac09
    Galaxy s8
    Android 9
    Both Mobile and Wi-Fi
    All game modes
    Constant lag, parry and dexterity fail, special attacks fail, unresponsive comands
  • In-Game Name: Swagloon
    Device and Model: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest, Alliance War, Dungeons.
    Description of the Issue: Game screens take minutes to load, after I finish the AQ/AW/EQ fight, it took for about 3 minutes to take me back to the map. Dungeons are impossible to play, because the game crushes. Crystal animation lags too much before opening it. Already reinstall the game, and nothing happened. Internet is working amazing. I hope you can fix it soon. And sometimes there is an enemy picture, when you fight.
  • THRobinsonTHRobinson Posts: 37
    edited October 2018
    In-Game Name: THRobinson
    Device and Model: Lenovo Yoga Tab 10.1 Plus
    Device Operating System: Android 7.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi. Full connection. Speed test 44.7Mbps download, 42.7Mbps upload.
    Game Mode: All modes
    Description of the Issue: Did a force stop, deleted cache, deleted files, uninstalled game and reinstalled and no change. Previous version had massive stutters and lag, now, on the crystals page it lags a lot, and loading screens take a long long time. Alliance War, Alliance Quest, Special Event Quest... doesn't matter. When I click a node, it takes a long time to load the screen. During Event Quest as well, a few times I've had the two characters fighting while an image of them stood in the centre of the screen not moving. Like the game loaded duplicates but they just stand there. Also a few minor issues where I'll be attacking them outta nowhere they dodge back, and parry seems to be failing more often than not.
  • In-Game Name: PatsfanMatt12 (same as my forum name)
    Device and Model: Google Pixel 2
    Device Operating System: Android 9.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi

Description of the Issue: Game was responding slowly. Images were taking a while to show up. I could not see images of items in my stash. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it to fix the game. I am unable to sign back into the game now. It remains on the loading screen.
  • MortisnerdMortisnerd Posts: 4
    s9bc68gvkvjz.png
    sk7yo9vqlqfq.png
This discussion has been closed.