**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Loyalty Store needs a massive overhaul

The store is outdated and frankly full of junk.

These need adding at the very least:
* Full energy refills
* L1 or 2 story revives
* stony mastery cores

Ideally the following should also be available:
* Tier 1/2/3 basic catalyst crystals (or fragments if must be)
* Tier 1&2 class catalyst crystals
* carbonium cores

Reasons
Outside of general boosts to aid mostly only in AW there's nothing else worth buying imo

Sure there's Unstoppable Colossus but that's only really going to help arena grinders.

There's the class cores for class specific masteries but outside of MD, which had seen a drastic decline in usage at higher levels, the other classes are trash. Pure skill was once viable, however since publish 12 my maxed skill is now zero and no reimbursement has ever been made, but that's another story...

To insult to injury the recent MD reimbursements left many people with even more loyalty and nothing to buy with it, if not reinvesting back into MD at the same levels.

For many like myself who used the gifting event to exchange cores with others, we ended up receiving a lot of loyalty back, in place of the units we actually spent on gifting the cores. With such limited options of things to buy I can't see my surplus coming down any time soon.

As if it wasn't bad enough that my gifted cores spent using units weren't refunded in units, but now I'm left with a surplus with nothing to reasonably spend it on, certainly no mastery related materials, which was the purpose of the reimbursement. Now I must and have been spending additional units to invest in other masteries, as well as regular spending on energy refills, all the while my loyalty amount in excess of a million just sits there going to waste.

The store is long overdue an overhaul give us more options to buy things!

Comments

• icorericorer Posts: 66
    Really? With all the inane pointless suggestions like endless energy and free stuff, people can't even lend support to this and other reasonable ideas that will benefit the player base as a whole. Kudos to the 60 or so people who just read and had nothing to add and allowed this reasonable idea to get sent into the ether

Clearly some who's vocal whining about the difficulty of epic labs can't think outside the box to see how things could be made a bit more manageable and focus their feedback in constructive ways. For instance supporting ideas above to give us some supplementary ways to obtain basic items outside of just units.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    It’s not a bad idea to be honest
  • Archdemon_Archdemon_ Posts: 618 ★★
    I agree with this too..... loyalty is a reward for just that... loyalty. It's about damned time that the guys at HQ recognize this and give us chance to buy those things that are somewhat rarer in the game.. I would love to see (even if at a high spend) items such as the T2 Alpha shards and T5 Basic shards be added for those of us who are uncollected but find it difficult to complete act 5 or the uncollected/epic monthly's
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I think for monetary reasons they'll never offer Revives for any currency other than units. I think removing that portion of the request would make the suggestion more palatable to Kabam.

However, I do agree with the rest. Tier 1-3 basic and class cats should be pretty easily accessible to anyone with a surplus of loyalty considering it's been YEARS since the daily quests have been revamped (and they desperately need it). I also see no reason why cores shouldn't be available for loyalty. You can already buy the class cores. Why not the stony/carbonadium cores?
  • @Kabam Miike can we get this implemented
    I think for monetary reasons they'll never offer Revives for any currency other than units. I think removing that portion of the request would make the suggestion more palatable to Kabam.

I totally get that but if that's their argument then there are several counters to that:

1. Loyalty is finite, it's slow to build up and quick to deplete. As long as there are actually things to buy.
    2. It's Kabams own doing that end game players especially have huge surpluses of loyalty. This is due to nothing worthwhile to spend on over the course of several years. Added to this fact the recent reimbursements of MD in loyalty in many cases. A problem which again will be exasperated when they eventually get around to doing the same to the long promised and forgotten pure skill mastery.
    3. There is already an exchange value of sorts with other items that are available via units as well as the loyalty store. The bracket value is how much 1 unit equates to in loyalty in the exchange

Class Cores = 8k loyalty / 30 units (266.667)
    Lesser Global Boosts = 8k loyalty / 30 units. (266.667)
    Lesser Champion Boost = 23k loyalty / 90 units (255.556)
    Level 2 Alliance Team Revive = 45k loyalty / 180 units (250)
    Level 2 Alliance Team Health = 27k loyalty / 105 units (257.14)

As shown above there's already an exchange rate in place. As the value in units raise the amount of loyalty required per unit slightly decreases. Don't see why it should be adjusted, just allow for us to purchase new items at the equivalent fair exchange rates already in place. Surpluses would quickly come down into realistic values.

For instance:
    * Full energy refills = 8k (30 units)
    * L2 story revives = 10.5k (40 units)
    * stony mastery cores = 35k (135 units)
    * carbonium cores = 130k (550 units)
    edited October 2018
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    The boosts in loyalty store are pretty good. I am happy just spending loyalty on that and AQ map costs.

Whilst it's true many do spend loyalty on boosts in platinum and master level wars they are completely redundant for wars below those tiers for end game players.

They are somewhat useful to beginners and mid game players but it's unfair to say you can only buy this and nothing else

I have almost every type of boost capped on both my accounts. The need to use them is unnecessary

What loyalty we receive via helps wouldn't even quite cover 1 energy refill a week. It's hardly game breaking
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    icorer wrote: »

I totally get that but if that's their argument then there are several counters to that:

1. Loyalty is finite, it's slow to build up and quick to deplete. As long as there are actually things to buy.
    2. It's Kabams own doing that end game players especially have huge surpluses of loyalty. This is due to nothing worthwhile to spend on over the course of several years. Added to this fact the recent reimbursements of MD in loyalty in many cases. A problem which again will be exasperated when they eventually get around to doing the same to the long promised and forgotten pure skill mastery.
    3. There is already an exchange value of sorts with other items that are available via units as well as the loyalty store. The bracket value is how much 1 unit equates to in loyalty in the exchange

Class Cores = 8k loyalty / 30 units (266.667)
    Lesser Global Boosts = 8k loyalty / 30 units. (266.667)
    Lesser Champion Boost = 23k loyalty / 90 units (255.556)
    Level 2 Alliance Team Revive = 45k loyalty / 180 units (250)
    Level 2 Alliance Team Health = 27k loyalty / 105 units (257.14)

As shown above there's already an exchange rate in place. As the value in units raise the amount of loyalty required per unit slightly decreases. Don't see why it should be adjusted, just allow for us to purchase new items at the equivalent fair exchange rates already in place. Surpluses would quickly come down into realistic values.

For instance:
    * Full energy refills = 8k (30 units)
    * L2 story revives = 10.5k (40 units)
    * stony mastery cores = 35k (135 units)
    * carbonium cores = 130k (550 units)

You can bargain and rationalize all you want, but as I said before, keeping revives in your request would not be a tantalizing proposition for Kabam and thus you're sabotaging your own chances of actually pushing this through by keeping it.

Someone from Kabam will read this suggestion, get to "Add Revives to the Loyalty Store", and promptly stop reading. It would be like asking McDonald's to start offering all their fries for free with any purchase. You may have an entire thesis written for why it makes sense, but they are going to stop at "free fries". For Kabam, there is too much money to be made on revives when content like LOL and the upcoming Symbiote difficulty exist to tempt people into spending for them.

My suggestion is still to remove the revives from the request and push forward for change without them. If changes are enacted, consider it a stepping stone to potentially adding the revives in the future. Baby steps.
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    You get loyalty for being loyal to your alliance. That's why almost everything in there is ALLIANCE War and ALLIANCE Quest related. Boosts and Revives are the best things your loyalty can buy. If you're not buying those and you are dying in wars then you are not doing your part in your alliance.