**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Loading time and images issues 20.1 [Merged Threads]

Comments

• mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I wonder if they'll release anything about this. The game is broken to everyone on the latest Android OS and they have yet to have any solution for it. My game went down last thursday, and while this google drive fix worked for me, I'm still not at all content with the performance of the game for using it. They should have released their own pack with instructions as to how to correct it, while they work on fixing it.
  • Planc2007Planc2007 Posts: 46
    bpunk88 wrote: »
    Update for Android 9 / Pixel users !!

After some additional digging, it seems the issue is related to additional assets not downloading correctly. A fix for that must come from Kabam... so not holding my breath there.

I managed to resolve the issues on mine by copying over the asset cache & files from another device. I've zipped those files and uploaded them to save others the hassle and hope it helps until there is an official fix.

*** WARNING: This is only for Android 9 users experiencing game issues due to missing images/assets

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FQMql65AVgJHUSFD1GyjxObd_vj09VMH

Instructions:
    1) Extract the zip file (either on device or computer)
    2) Locate the folder 'com.kabam.marvelbattle' on your device (typically in the 'Android \ data' directory).
    a) It should contain two subfolders: 'cache' and 'files'
    3) Copy the 'cache' and 'files' folders from the Zip file over to the 'com.kabam.marvelbattle' folder
    a) Replace files/folders if prompted.

Hopefully this helps others running in to the same issue, also safer than installing an app cloning program. Cheers

@Kabam Sophia @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious
    Is the above modding? Can one of you please comment on this?

Also please update on the fix for installing of MCOC on an Android 9 OS device?
  • bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 184 ★★★
    @Planc2007 You must connect your device and set the USB option to "File Transfer", then browse your phone via Explorer.

If that doesn't work, you can just download the Zip to your phone directly and extract (copy/paste) the files to the target directory. I recommend using "Fx File Explorer".

All files included in the zip are unmodified and accessible. They're just the image assets and resources that would typically download in the background if the game was running normally.

It shouldn't be considered modding (as nothing is modified), if it was they would have deleted the post. But I would also appreciate the clarification to ensure compliance with TOS
    bpunk88 wrote: »
    @Planc2007 You must connect your device and set the USB option to "File Transfer", then browse your phone via Explorer.

If that doesn't work, you can just download the Zip to your phone directly and extract (copy/paste) the files to the target directory. I recommend using "Fx File Explorer".

All files included in the zip are unmodified and accessible. They're just the image assets and resources that would typically download in the background if the game was running normally.

It shouldn't be considered modding (as nothing is modified), if it was they would have deleted the post. But I would also appreciate the clarification to ensure compliance with TOS

@bpunk88 I sent a direct message to the moderators here. I will let you know what they say.
  • bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 184 ★★★
    @mum_m2 couldnt agree more! It's upsetting that this issue still unresolved.

Understand the cache files myself and others have shared were done so in an effort to assist fellow players experiencing the same issues. With the war season ending, alliance quests, and Occult Labs its important to be able to play right now. It's not perfect by any means, but at least it makes the game more playable than 1-2 min timeouts between each fight.

There most certainly are other game files missing that only Kabam will know about, and thats why we urgently need a fix. Hopefully that comes soon..
  • SlackSlack Posts: 16
    @Kabam Miike 7 days since the bug started and we still don't get any updates about this problem.
  • jdawggs316jdawggs316 Posts: 54
    Slack wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike 7 days since the bug started and we still don't get any updates about this problem.

It is rediculous. I've not been able to do arena, missing Proxima Midnight, not to mention AQ and AW. We need an update or some sort of acknowledgement @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra
  • abelarmiabelarmi Posts: 86
    I have been unable to play at more than 20% speed and still can't see icons or other things. Can someone give an update? Please?!?
    c5mrg0gcmd6i.png
  • 19panther9619panther96 Posts: 16
    ZTE
    Z981
    WiFi both
    Lagging long time loading most times it's stuck on the loading screen characters glitching can't even open my Crystals have the time because the game pauses Everytime I attempt to open my Crystals it's very hard to play this game with all the issue that are happening every other week it a new issue every month it gets worse every month and slower
  • My stash was showing that items were going to expire. I could not see the images. I restarted the game numerous times to fix it, but nothing happened. I decided to uninstall the game and reinstall. After this, I was unable to log back into the game. It stays on the loading screen. Any thoughts or help?
  • SuelSuel Posts: 279
    So.. nobody s gonna adress this? Happening quite often here

Yesterday i died in a AW match, then i used 4 gold potions and fought again with another champ.

But then... Kabam!! 5 min of loading screen until i forced close the app

When i came back.. ofc, lost half HP, which means i wasted 4 item uses, lost 1.040 Glory (260 x4), and lost another atack bonus.

But hey! It was my internet/phone s fault of course! Not kabams! So i ll get no compensation for that and should just suck it and go along, cause this seems to be this company s policy right?

Anyone else getting robbed cause of this bug?
  • jaylerdjaylerd Posts: 113
    It's been happening to me all day, in addition to completely blank UI screens.
  • ÆrroneousÆrroneous Posts: 85
    Past few days in AQ my game got stuck on the loading screen for over 5 minutes (yes, I waited and timed it). I got sick of it and was forced to close the game and try again. Took about 3 or 4 times before it finally loaded.

Well, today I'm having the same issue with war!
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Happening in Quests.
    44oojvypslas.png
  • CoachiditeCoachidite Posts: 30
    Oh, they definitely know it's an issue. They're merging threads left and right about this.

I'm hoping that means they are actively communicating with their team about a fix for us all and don't want to preemptively say something that could be wrong. However, we must address the equally likely possibility that they just are putting us in a corner.
  • KtashakKtashak Posts: 225
    So when i finished 3rd time EQ 3.1 on master, i clicked "replay" button. was 8:11 CET.. made coffee, sit to my Android tablet, and the loading screen still rotated.. 8:15 CET the map appeared.. 4 minutes of waiting for loading screen, also duplicate characters during the Venom Duck fight that costed me 2 revives (it's messy and disturbing). After every fight i am waiting minute or two. When battle loading, it's approx 1 minute, when battle ends and returning to the map, also 1 minute.. I am scared of next update, i gave up my second Proxima arena run. Come on Kabam, feed your hamsters, we are giving you enough money for their food.
  • GsabaGsaba Posts: 62
    This is happening for a while now intermittently. I note its link with monthly updates. Hardly notice with last quest but with this update happening again and really frustrating in AQ and war
    @Kabam Miike

Some update please!

It is getting a little old waiting for my game to load after every fight.
  • Guys mark this game as inappropriate in play store. Kabam are not interested in Android users. We cannot clear rol and lol in Android that is for sure. Even all Reddit users agreed that this game is for IOS. If kabam is not replying then we have to report it to Google.
    Hopefully they will take some action on Kabam.
  • Efflux1990Efflux1990 Posts: 54
    I'm having the same issue and I'm sure you are an android 9 user. Check this thread out.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/99963/login-difficulties-android-9-merged-threads#latest
  • Isnt it ridiculous that we have the best latest tech with the latest OS and we cant run the game??? Some people buy these devices JUST BECAUSE OF THE GAME. The problem is out there for more than 6 days and they cant do anything about???????? Ridiculous. I hate this company with all my guts
  • ANDREANHOANDREANHO Posts: 34
    Hi there, DevsTeam.. I recently found that the loading screen issues for my in-game experience.. Back there, it was fine..until the new patch (20.1.0) released and i as android user feel really, really disappointed with the game.. The loading screen for transition took way too long.. And the game feels too heavy, like 3GB+ in size.. What actually happen is i started to fell annoyed and what's really going on with this game? Is the game only designed for non-android-friendly users only? Please make the loading screen faster.. Some of us are workers and not have all the time in a day to play this game.. But we still try to login regularly for most in AQ and AW.. Please appreciate us (Android users) just like we already have so much passion in this game while we playing with so many bugs like : sometimes the game freeze for a few seconds and opponents just hit my champion though i already try to block, sometimes the swipe back and up didn't work well, slow loading for pics of characters, etc.. I really hope that you guys take this "bugs" seriously..we can respect and care each other.. Many thanks before..
    -sorry for my bad English
  • ANDREANHOANDREANHO Posts: 34
    ZombieZedd wrote: »
    I feel you there bro. Same happens here too

Thank you, buddy.. It feels just like i don't want to do anything at the moment until the issues are fixed..or at least there's a response from the Devs Team..
  • I'm playing on a Pixel 2 as well and having all the same issues. I am beyond frustrated.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I have seen fairly less of the "infinite loading screen" bug recently, android user too. Hopefully it stays that way.
This discussion has been closed.