**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Klyntar catalyst - Not even as it may appear!

Hi,
I just observed this while trying to rank up my symbiod...
The total amount of catalyst you need is 24. You can get 25 from epic, but.. From the other quests like..
Beginners = 1
Normal =2
Heroic = 5
Master = 15.

Total works out to 23.
I'll be honest with y'all.. I'm an average player, completing epic is just a dream. Wouldn't be this unfair given I need to play epic to get that 1 more klyntar catalyst??

Getting that 1 catalyst would be crucial for players like me who struggle with Master n epic is something beyond reach..

I feel kabam should give out 1 klyntar catalyst to everyone to make that even.

It's simple maths, I'm trying to make things even out for all players..

Need the support of the community to pass on this suggestion.. Please comment on what do you feel about it.

Comments

• AestericsAesterics Posts: 18
    I think it’s better that people should have to do at least one run of epic to be able to max out the symbioid. Or else it would be way too easy for pretty much anyone to walk through everything with all the boosts you can buy and stuff

Given the situation.. After infinity war the level for quests have changed. Throwing champs like golden symbiod and asking chaps to complete atleast a run in epic with 4* isn't feasible...
  • KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    @Aesterics get the symbiod to rank 4. a rank 4 symbiod is basically a rank 3 5* champ. Use the boosts and then make him a bad ass and push through epic difficulty. hope that helps
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Ah ... so, doing 100% of the first 4 difficulty level will not be sufficient to bring the Symbiod to rank 5.

I keep thinking if there is some error (which I see now is not the case).
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 456 ★★★
    If you rank your sym to rank 4 you can use him to do the first run of epic difficulty use the dirty fighting boost for him and the golden sym won't evade and as long as you don't get hit you can survive the first unavoidable 30second damage it's possible to get the golden sym down in a minute if your aggressive enough and if not a revive will get you over the line
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    you got the chance to play an Uncollected quest without being one, and you complain is hard, you need to GAIN that shards and stuff, uc quests are never easy, there is always champs with dirty tricks
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    Use boost dude, rank 4 symbiote is enough to kill symbiote supreme epic in 15 second with 3 or 4 specific boost. I use total carnage, frenzy, undying and cleanse. you can complete epic by choosing normal path (without incoming linked node).
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    also, don't push yourself for epic... it's actually hard if you not get used in fighting AI with 8000 - 17000 PI
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Okay so I guess you at least have a team comprising of 4/40s and 2/35s if you dont, just do till master I guess..
    If you have the skill required you may be able to complete and explore master and rank up the symbioid to rank 4..
    With a rank 4 symbioid I'm already through with 2 chapters of epic..Easy peasy
    And my best champs are 4/40s and 2/35s
  • Thunder5715Thunder5715 Posts: 98
    They said in their post that you will need to finish epic difficulty to max out your sym. If it's fair or not I don't know, but that is what they said even before the eq started so you can't be mad at it.
    Also as everyone has suggested a r4 sym with boosts is more than enough to complete one run of epic. You don't even need to be good. Hardened coating, dirty fighting, clense, unknown enemy. These boosts should make all the fights a piece of cake.
    Also as a side question why do you even want to max out your sym if you don't want to do epic?
  • AestericsAesterics Posts: 18
    I'll make a run for the epic n let guys how it works..
  • Arbiter2426Arbiter2426 Posts: 346
    Aesterics wrote: »
    I think it’s better that people should have to do at least one run of epic to be able to max out the symbioid. Or else it would be way too easy for pretty much anyone to walk through everything with all the boosts you can buy and stuff

Given the situation.. After infinity war the level for quests have changed. Throwing champs like golden symbiod and asking chaps to complete atleast a run in epic with 4* isn't feasible...

Lol dude I did it with 4*s and only 4 single revives
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240

take the easy path. and also take your symbiote. rank 4 symbiote (with true strike and whatever boosts you need) can do the job. 40 second fights mainly.
  • Kobster84 wrote: »
    Getting a completion of epic ain’t that bad I was able to do 100% it with 4 star champs
    If your having trouble with your own champs here’s a solution to some of the bosses with the symbiote

First carnage:use cleanse paralyze and cut deep and total carnage
    Intercept him and keep hitting him during the stun until it’s about to end and hold block this will drain his power so he can’t sp3 just keep doing this and repeat

For the venom I’d use the exact same strategy just be careful of strike back

For the Golden symbiod I’d recommend using fight dirty unknown enemy cut deep paralyze and total carnage with these buffs it’s basically just fighting a cyclops

For carnage 2.0 I’d use cleanse cut deep total carnage and paralyze and hardened coating
    The strategy is to play as normal and just hold block to drain his power when he’s close to his sp3

For venom the duck it’s a pretty straight forward fight I’d recommend cleanse cut deep paralyze and total carnage
    Just make sure you don’t let him get to his sp3 and try and keep him away from his sp2

For symbiote supreme what I’d do is use the same as I recommend for venom the duck with hardened coating
    Try your best to to not dex his attacks your better off taking block damage and use cleanse to drain his power
    I hope this helped :)

I logged in just to like this comment. Way to be supportive and helpful. Thanks for being a decent human and not one of those "get gud" bros.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    @Kobster84 thanks for putting that together so I don’t have to scrounge thru all of the 50 buffs to give him! Screenshotted so I can pull it up quick. Big thanks man!
  • AnroAnro Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I just observed this while trying to rank up my symbiod...
    The total amount of catalyst you need is 24. You can get 25 from epic, but.. From the other quests like..
    Beginners = 1
    Normal =2
    Heroic = 5
    Master = 15.

i'm quite sure its a bug to give just 2 catalyst in normal.. because cost to level up are 1, 3, 5, 15 ... quite similae to quest rewards (with normal exception) and symbiote was designed to help players with low levels to go for difficulty they couldnt achieve otherwise . therefore im quite sure that it was intented to have rank 5 symbiote for epic, rank 4 for master. etc.

it makes completely no sense to being able to lvl up symbiot just after you did all the quests, he was supposed to help.

i also was happy to do once hogher difficulty, but got stuck in master (burned some healing and revive) and therefore hope that you can fix this missing katalyst soon.

• Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★

Like @GroundedWisdom said you can still use him with boosts at 4*. This month’s “epic” difficulty seems to be easier than what the normal uncollected difficulty is except for the golden symbioid. 4*s are not at all obsolete imo! Given my terrible 5* luck I normally only go in with 2 5*s and the rest of my team is made up of 5/50 4*s. It can be done but there is a skill cap.

Interesting comment.
    I get the feeling that it would be great to be able to get the catalysts needed to max out the symbiote. By having him maxed out more players would be able to finish Epic.
    I believe the "skill cap" has been hindering me. But... One thing that has been making it more difficult seems to be that I'm playing on an Android device (top of the line, but still). It usually makes the game sort of choppy, or laggy. Seems more difficult to get the timing of parry and evade correct. I've seen videos of gameplay on IOS-devices where it seems to flow better. I mean, my phone has faster hardware than many IOS-devices. But it's like the game hasn't been properly optimized for android.
    I get it, there's so many different android devices, but being able to customize graphics settings or something like that could make it work with a smoother frame rate on many devices.
    Does anyone else have the same problem?
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★

Way to be arrogant and put people down. Do you want applause? I'm sure some players with great skill and timing could do it with only 3 stars. But your comment here contributes nothing. I'm so tired of all self congratulating know it alls who comment stuff like: I managed it easy, so why shouldnt you? If you comment constructively to give tips on how to make it possible then it'd be ok.
  • Nickname207Nickname207 Posts: 241
    edited October 2018
    If you cant do epic completion, it might not be your level yet. Getting a r5 symbiote obviously can handle symbiote difficulty A LOT easier, but you must at least reach a certain threshold/level or else everyone can get the same rewards?
    Yep i know "making things equal for everyone" is now the popular phrase, but what about those worked hard to build their roster,spent more time,money... There should be a certain barrier for players.
    If not, why dont they just send us a r5 symbiote from the start, that idea itself is stupid.
    Just sharing from someone who struggled against epic difficulty with 5/50s.
  • NguyenDauNguyenDau Posts: 248
    U shud at least give it a try.
    The regular champs is almost bad to use in many fights.
    The Symbiot is the main key

do what u can to get ur symbiot to rank 4.. then go for the easier path in epic.
    keep using boost and if u ran out of the u Strand (the one to buy the enhancment) u can always do the 2x occulab just the easier one with ur symbiot to finish it. The occu lab do also give u some ekstra plus the new calender each day.

Since the Symbiout get insane dmg i suggest only use him if ur 4-5 star aint strong enuf.
    As @Kobster84 already mention how to fight the diff boss.
    Throught ur just rank 4 symbiot u shud be able to handle 1 path of the epic.. and then rank him to max.. and then just repeat..

I think its fight is between 15-30 hits.
    Generalt tip´use ur enhancment and scout ur path ahead so u dont "have to buy another 1"
    Like there is a path with Spidey and NC = 1 fight dirty enhancment and ur settle ;)

• It would be interesting if they did a Klyntar-Catalyst-Clash (Arena).
  • Mohsen007Mohsen007 Posts: 2
    edited October 2018
    Kobster84 wrote: »
    Getting a completion of epic ain’t that bad I was able to do 100% it with 4 star champs
    If your having trouble with your own champs here’s a solution to some of the bosses with the symbiote

First carnage:use cleanse paralyze and cut deep and total carnage
    Intercept him and keep hitting him during the stun until it’s about to end and hold block this will drain his power so he can’t sp3 just keep doing this and repeat

For the venom I’d use the exact same strategy just be careful of strike back

For the Golden symbiod I’d recommend using fight dirty unknown enemy cut deep paralyze and total carnage with these buffs it’s basically just fighting a cyclops

For carnage 2.0 I’d use cleanse cut deep total carnage and paralyze and hardened coating
    The strategy is to play as normal and just hold block to drain his power when he’s close to his sp3

For venom the duck it’s a pretty straight forward fight I’d recommend cleanse cut deep paralyze and total carnage
    Just make sure you don’t let him get to his sp3 and try and keep him away from his sp2

For symbiote supreme what I’d do is use the same as I recommend for venom the duck with hardened coating
    Try your best to to not dex his attacks your better off taking block damage and use cleanse to drain his power
    I hope this helped :)

I logged in just to like this comment،the solution was very useful, really thank you