Champion Spotlight - Symbiote Supreme

2»

Comments

• First, what happens if we use Special 1 soon after Special 3? Do all three Blessings' timers reset or do the Null and Set Blessings disappear?

Secondly, this seems very out of character, considering that this is the first champion who is not in the comics (at least I don't think he is). I noticed that he seems too good to be true, and that the Special Attacks have no names... If it turns out SS is nerfed, I can only assume that Kabam didn't 'dot the I's and cross the T's' in their rush to release this champion.

Third, will Venom the Duck be in Arena as well?

1. It'll remember which mode you were in when you threw the Special 3. So throwing a Special 1 right after a 3 will change the mode you're actually in, but leave the three you got from the SP3 alone. "Resetting" the timer happens with Special 3, not 1.

2. We took our time testing and balancing this character to fit into the game before bringing him to y'all! As for the specials, that was a mistake on our part in not putting them into the Spotlight! We'll pop those in. :)

3. Yes!

• Okami_KageOkami_Kage Posts: 11

Passive
    Symbiote Supreme gains 100% less power from Attacking, Blocking, and being Struck. But gains 16.5% of his Max Power every 9 seconds.

Unless i'm missing something in his abilities, there seems to be a couple of bugs when it comes to controlling his power. when using void, SS starts gaining power from being hit as soon as the petrify debuff is applied. This stops when fear of the void activates. Not sure what happens when petrify triggers during fear of the void since the fight never lasted long enough for that to happen.
    dxvk8gcym4qm.gif

Also, power drain abilities seems to be reduced when fighting him. is this intentional? I saw someone using magik against him and her L2 was barely draining any power so i tested my hawkeye and had the same results
    5sdytw3tgecq.gif
  • Spidey983Spidey983 Posts: 84
    Why doesn't he have any synergy with venompool?
  • Bryon_502Bryon_502 Posts: 133
    I like the little Symbiote. Should become a permanent 6*
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 4,482 ★★★★
    Okami_Kage wrote: »
    Also, power drain abilities seems to be reduced when fighting him. is this intentional? I saw someone using magik against him and her L2 was barely draining any power so i tested my hawkeye and had the same results
    5sdytw3tgecq.gif

I believe it is the node buff Power Bond.

w4pcx5141oht.png
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,223 ★★★★
    I just saw seatin's rank up and gameplay video of Symbiote supreme. I saw that when he activated an sp3, he was immediately able to use sp3 again. How do you trigger that?
    I just saw seatin's rank up and gameplay video of Symbiote supreme. I saw that when he activated an sp3, he was immediately able to use sp3 again. How do you trigger that?

I think should have Genetic Potential.
    Genetic Blessings - Passive
    • Symbiote Supreme can manifest 3 different Genetic Blessings, every 15 seconds he switches to the next in the following order: Chthon’s Cunning, Null’s Shadow, and Set’s Fangs.
    • Each time a Blessing triggers 100% of Genetic Potential is consumed to gain up to 100% of a Bar of Power.
    @winterthur I thought so too. But this worries me if this is intended. cause assuming you use sp3 with 100 genetic potential, when all 3 blessings trigger simultaneously, they all contribute 1 bar of power, meaning you have 3 bars of power again. AND sp3 ALSO gives 100 genetic potential. So its possible to use sp3 forever, which is seriously broken
    @winterthur I thought so too. But this worries me if this is intended. cause assuming you use sp3 with 100 genetic potential, when all 3 blessings trigger simultaneously, they all contribute 1 bar of power, meaning you have 3 bars of power again. AND sp3 ALSO gives 100 genetic potential. So its possible to use sp3 forever, which is seriously broken

Well, they will have to fix it then like Gwenpool.
    winterthur wrote: »

There was a problem with gwenpool??
    edited October 2018

There was a problem with gwenpool??

Notes on Gwenpool.

Change made:
    Heavy Attacks:
    If the target isn’t Bleeding when the last strike hits, it has a 5% (previously 50%) chance to cause Bleed, doing 70% of Gwen’s attack over 5 seconds.

If the target is already Bleeding, the attack instead gains a 100% chance to convert 1 existing Bleed to cause 450% of Gwen’s attack as direct damage, over 23 seconds.

1st comment by Mod
    2nd comment by Mod
    Additional explanation

• Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    I thought it was mystic dispersion taking him straight to sp3 because of the resistor node nullifies
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    1st true Corvus Glaive counter

You mean he’s another Medusa counter. Far as I recall there are barely any Corvus defenders in war. I do see Medusa a lot though

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 2,991 ★★★★★
    Fixxx wrote: »

You mean he’s another Medusa counter. Far as I recall there are barely any Corvus defenders in war. I do see Medusa a lot though

He's a pretty good Corvus counter. Go in with any buffs (True Strike or cruelty) and they're instantly nullified for serious damage. Especially if boosted by an Attack node.

Just FYI @DTMelodicMetal, Ant Man seems to work as a partial Corvus counter - Corvus gets guaranteed crits despite glancing; but glancing still reduces the damage if it triggers, at the cost of a Glaive charge. So Ant Man can eat Corvus's charges at a reduced damage level.

Ref: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/82201/does-corvus-glaive-s-crits-bypass-antman-s-glance/p1
  • xNigxNig Posts: 5,238 ★★★★★
    Is the damage done by nullifying buffs boosted by AW nodes? Or is it similar to Domino/Korg where it’s not scaled with nodes?

He's a pretty good Corvus counter. Go in with any buffs (True Strike or cruelty) and they're instantly nullified for serious damage. Especially if boosted by an Attack node.

Just FYI @DTMelodicMetal, Ant Man seems to work as a partial Corvus counter - Corvus gets guaranteed crits despite glancing; but glancing still reduces the damage if it triggers, at the cost of a Glaive charge. So Ant Man can eat Corvus's charges at a reduced damage level.

Ref: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/82201/does-corvus-glaive-s-crits-bypass-antman-s-glance/p1

Any mystic with Nullify in their kit is a good Corvus counter. Again, barely anyone uses Corvus in defense, SS in attack won't do anything to him. As for SS in defense, why would a sane player with a cosmic champ on his hand use it against a mystic?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 2,991 ★★★★★

Any mystic with Nullify in their kit is a good Corvus counter. Again, barely anyone uses Corvus in defense, SS in attack won't do anything to him. As for SS in defense, why would a sane player with a cosmic champ on his hand use it against a mystic?

1 - Some people will try and use Corvus against anyone and everything. Somebody posted a few days ago (as a 'bug') about taking instant massive damage when they took Corvus against SS in on the EQ.

2 - Kabam uses Corvus in 'defence' all the time in EQ.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    StrayPool wrote: »
    Hot damn, 20% Bleed Duration for my Symbiote Spiderman!? Pack it in, lads, just won the Contest.

Honestly, is this anything but an oversight or a bad joke?

Spiderman (Symbiote) can trigger the bonus but doesn't directly benefit from it. In that case, Symbiote Supreme would actually gain a bonus.

Will this be a first, where a champ contributing to Synergy bonus derives zero benefits?

Someone mentioned Heimdall, but Sentinel and Venom the Duck are both rare cases. In both cases, the host (Sent/VtD) gains all the benefit from the synergy while the champ providing the synergy gets no benefit. This is the opposite of Heimdall.

edited October 2018

1 - Some people will try and use Corvus against anyone and everything. Somebody posted a few days ago (as a 'bug') about taking instant massive damage when they took Corvus against SS in on the EQ.

2 - Kabam uses Corvus in 'defence' all the time in EQ.

1. I specifically said sane. As for people trying him against SS in EQ, it's just EQ and it's fair game. He's a new champ, you'd throw your best on an unfamiliar boss

2. Again, it's just EQ. It's not war. Anyone who finds Corvus challenging in Uncollected EQ has bigger problems to deal with than needing a counter
  • demeddemed Posts: 80
    Why does symbiote supreme not cause bleed while set's fangs is active. I noticed that he doesn't trigger bleed until after you activate special 3. Is this a bug?