**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hyperion or corvus glaive

TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
I have the materials to take one cosmic from r1 to r5 and one to r4, but I'm not sure which of these 2 would be a better option for r5(i don't have either yet, gonna grind arena).
Who should i upgrade? Or should i grind for both of them then decide?
Right now I'm trying to explore master mode EQ without using boosts, and a bit of act 5 when i feel like it.(at 5.1.6 currently)

Also regarding the 4* basic, how many units does it cost to refresh a champion? And does the cost increase based on the champions rank? I've never refreshed champs before in arena, not even with those stamina refills given in the beginner calendar, so there unit cost to refresh isn't stated there.

Comments

• FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Corvus
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    hyperion r5 corvus r4
  • Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    So both are amazing, you can't go wrong with either. A Hyperion at 5/50 is absolutely insane and can finish fights really fast depending on how you play. Corvus Glaive as a 4* is not ideal for act 5 as for the first few fights the fights will be long and depending on your skill level, the 50 second cooldown for charges may be fight changing.

This is coming from someone with a 4/55 Hyperion and a 5/50 Corvus. I used corvus to help explore act 5 and mainly used him in 5.2.6 against the collector, building his charges were painful but when he is at 3 charges he is by far one of the best options for the collector. He is also a decent counter to Emma frost, but will do just fine vs Master mode version at 4/40.

If your goal was a decent war attacker I would definitely say go with Corvus, as I still use my 5/50 in t4/5 AW.

Overall for what you are looking to achieve, Hyperions damage, power gain, DOT and poison immunity are much more useful.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Thanks for the advice guys!
    Also just to clarify @Crazyjack719 i have already 100% this month's master mode, so i don't need an emma counter, but I'll most likely use corvus in war.
    edited October 2018
    Do either need dupe? I have 28 cosmic sig stones and I'll grind both rounds of whoever needs it more.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    hype for longer fights and questing, corvus for wars, where he is as strong as opponent to get first charges and finish fights in 20 hits. also you might want to run suicides with him. hype has his utility due to specials, so recoil is bad. as for awakening, I feel like hype benefits more. but I'm not sure if cirvus's sig prevents him dying from recoil - if yes, he benefits more.

r4 both and test them in new master/uncollected.
    also can try hype solo vs rol ws and then bring him with capiw with cosmic sinergies, should be smth like duped hype sig 1 I guess
  • JokepoolJokepool Posts: 401
    Hyperion all the way...mine is at r5 and he is a beast
  • ZzzZzz Posts: 154
    Corvus
  • GeekArtsGeekArts Posts: 94
    edited October 2018
    I have the materials to take one cosmic from r1 to r5 and one to r4, but I'm not sure which of these 2 would be a better option for r5(i don't have either yet, gonna grind arena).
    Who should i upgrade? Or should i grind for both of them then decide?
    Right now I'm trying to explore master mode EQ without using boosts, and a bit of act 5 when i feel like it.(at 5.1.6 currently)

Also regarding the 4* basic, how many units does it cost to refresh a champion? And does the cost increase based on the champions rank? I've never refreshed champs before in arena, not even with those stamina refills given in the beginner calendar, so there unit cost to refresh isn't stated there.

I’ve been fortunate enough to take up both Corvus and Hyperion as a 5* to 4/55 and the 4* ones to 5/50. After testing for a few months, Hyperion would be my advice for sustainability as a first rank up. Corvus is pretty great for short burst fights but as the other summoners have mentioned, Hyp would be better suited for more end game content.

Regarding the grind, I think you should try to grind for both champs. 3.1M each should be enough points in the basic arena. Regarding arena and refreshing, i have a few guides on YT under Geek arts gaming. In gist,

1. Any single 3* or 4* refresh costs 5 units per champ.
    2. Any team therefore cost 15 units in the 3* and 4* basic arenas.
    3. Any 5/50 team = roughly 36k points without boosts
    4. Therefore 15 units = 36k points without boosts
    5. 3.1M / 36k = 86 rounds of refreshing.
    6. 86 rounds = 1200 units roughly.
    7. If you were to boost (especially using greater champ boosts from the 5* arenas), those numbers would change significantly. (Roughly around 75k points per team / 75k per 15 units. That’s around 41 rounds for 3.1M points @ 620 units)

Lastly, Don’t spend all your t4cc and t4b right away on 4* champs. Take both up to rank 3.. test and see who you like best, then take that one up to 5/50 and save the resources in case you get lucky with a 5* pull.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I use corvus only cause i can use him to parry BPCW without triggering stun reflect.
    Thanks @GeekArts but 1.2k units per arena? That can't be right. I'm not only using my top champions so i would probably not need to spend so much. I think I'll spend 500-700 units on refreshing at most. I only have 1.9k units and i don't want to use them all.
  • Thanks @GeekArts but 1.2k units per arena? That can't be right. I'm not only using my top champions so i would probably not need to spend so much. I think I'll spend 500-700 units on refreshing at most. I only have 1.9k units and i don't want to use them all.

Actually the equation of 1200 units is based on refreshing 5/50s without boosts until you get to 3m points only and not actually grinding out your roster over a 3 day period. You can do it for free if you grind all 3 days without refreshing.