**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Too many God tier-Good tier champs recently?

MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
I am absolutely not complaining but I’m worried it will soon be unbalanced. We don’t need new champs to be absolute trash but all the champs that have been added in 2018 are Good tier+. Like I said, not complaining, but could it get unbalanced soon?

Comments

• EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    I mean, the new champs have to be good or people won't use them. It's no fun if a new character isn't fun to play.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    I mean, the new champs have to be good or people won't use them. It's no fun if a new character isn't fun to play.

Most importantly, no one will spin fGMC or grind arena to 100 mil to get a new kamala or IP... New good champs generate sales, even if the champ is only good on AW defense and never be use.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Red Skull?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    MrBanks wrote: »
    I am absolutely not complaining but I’m worried it will soon be unbalanced. We don’t need new champs to be absolute trash but all the champs that have been added in 2018 are Good tier+. Like I said, not complaining, but could it get unbalanced soon?

Your title says "too many God-tier" but here you're asking about too many good tier. If every single new champion that came out was stronger than every champ before and was being seen by the majority of players as "god tier" that might be a problem. But if every champ was simply "pretty good" I see no problem with that. And I'm not sure everyone would agree with you that all of the 2018 champs are better than average. Red Skull mentioned above for example, isn't seen as especially good in practice.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    Sentry ??????
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Red Skull?

He was a miss... But got us pretty excited in EQ for sure
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    issamaf80 wrote: »
    Sentry ??????

Yep, I think he just barely makes the cut on 2018 champions.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    MrBanks wrote: »

Your title says "too many God-tier" but here you're asking about too many good tier. If every single new champion that came out was stronger than every champ before and was being seen by the majority of players as "god tier" that might be a problem. But if every champ was simply "pretty good" I see no problem with that. And I'm not sure everyone would agree with you that all of the 2018 champs are better than average. Red Skull mentioned above for example, isn't seen as especially good in practice.

I mean't to say that. There are a ton of God tier - (through) good tier champs. If they are listed in one category it's good tier

I can think of 15 bad characters that are still fun to play!
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    No matter what there will always be bad characters, whether they buff bad ones into good ones or not, it’ll all balance out, say she hulk and joe fixit got buffed, two garbage champs now good, two characters will probably become obsolete because of the abilities of those two, so even if new characters are good now, they could always be made obsolete, like DD (Classic). He used to be considered an amazing character for auto evade, but now you have starky, so....yeah, and I imagine this cycle will continue
  • Archangel442Archangel442 Posts: 158
    How good a champion is is strictly dependent on the other champions available. If magneto, colossus, she hulk, joe fix it, etc get buffed, eventually the next tier up will be the bottom tier, not because they got any worse, but just because everyone else is better...

That said, there shouldn’t be laughable characters... there shouldn’t be characters that feel unusable... so really, if you think of a tier that is “fine” or “ok”, a significant number of champs should fall in that tier, and when that tier starts getting laughed at, they need to be buffed (classic power creep). That’s what they are doing now, but it is, and always will be, a process... I just wish they would do it a bit faster for some characters who don’t need full reworks, but just a gentle push in the right direction
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    stop watching seatin's tier videos, thas not accurate

*for everyone
    It does give a very nice mostly objective point of view on champions general utility and uses throughout content, it’s not cut and dry, of course, but it’s certainly not total ****
  • azhie06azhie06 Posts: 33
    kindly kabam make some beta test for the low tier like kamara, IP, Colossus, Groot, karnak
    I think the grading system is good compared to games like Strike force and future fight. I can see your guys’ point of view about how it doesn’t matter and I agree. If we keep getting champions that aren’t bad at all and older champs get betas, then there will still be trash champs, just not as much anymore
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    No this bring balance to the game we have enough trash tier champs to out balance the rest of Mcoc lifetime
    belli300 wrote: »
    No this bring balance to the game we have enough trash tier champs to out balance the rest of Mcoc lifetime
    Agreed. Thanks for the insight. Hopefully not everyone gets betas and then buffs all at once
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    Seatin's list has helped me a lot.
    I am still struggling to get resources. If I had heavily invested in a Groot, then later got Corvus, I would be very frustrated.
    The list is FAR from perfect, but it gives you a better chance to advance.