**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Please Refresh 5* Featured Crystal Each Month

becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
It would be a huge improvement to these crystals if instead of being updated every 3 months they instead would be updated monthly. The drop rates have already been lowered so much that there is no longer the risk of a specific champion flooding the game and a faster update schedule would really improve the game for those of us who open these crystals. When a champion you would like to go for ends up coming out just after the crystal refreshes it really sucks having to wait 3 months. For me personally this is the third time a champ I would like to roll for ends up getting delayed nearly 3 months after their release date before coming to the featured 5* crystal.

Since 2 champions are released each month it would be awesome if the oldest 2 champions were removed and the newest 2 got put in. This refresh could take place either at the end of each month or two weeks after the second champs release date. Kabam could keep the same basic champions in there for more than a month to make it easier to maintain.

Comments

• becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    Champs would still have 3 months inside the crystal. They could keep an old crystal around during the change over so the most recent 4 champs get their full 3 months as well.
    Yeah the old crystal made it too easy for certain champs to flood the game so I never expect to get it back, though it was great for people who liked to save all their shards for their favorite champs.

Maybe in the future it would be nice if the drop rate was improved to something in between the old 20% and the new 4% but for now I would just appreciate a faster refresh on the 5* featured crystal so that certain champs aren't locked behind this massive wait time due to having an unlucky release date.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Yeah the old crystal made it too easy for certain champs to flood the game so I never expect to get it back, though it was great for people who liked to save all their shards for their favorite champs.

Maybe in the future it would be nice if the drop rate was improved to something in between the old 20% and the new 4% but for now I would just appreciate a faster refresh on the 5* featured crystal so that certain champs aren't locked behind this massive wait time due to having an unlucky release date.

Ther culd just make the drop rate Lower Wild stil be better. And with 6 Star rules the game soon migth aswell hav good Think
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Gamer wrote: »
    Just get back the old cystal.

The old Crystal had a 20% drop rate. It was too high.

Dont meant it to higes at this point. But ther culd Lower it to 10 procent. Dos tyl matter 6 Star soon rules the game.
  • SuelSuel Posts: 279
    No.

Keep it the way it is.
    Suel wrote: »
    No.

Keep it the way it is.

How come? What about the current system do you like and how would a monthly refresh be a negative for you?
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Wouldn’t we run out of featured champs then?
    Wouldn’t we run out of featured champs then?

No the crystal would always have 6 featured champs just like it does now, except every time two new champions are released they would get put in and the oldest two champions would be taken out. Can't run out of heroes because it only gets updated once the new heroes have been released.
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★

Sadly that isn't true. Brian Grant opened over 10 Blade crystals. Not a single Blade.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I like the idea of reverting back to the old system and maybe halving the drop rate (10% for the featured seems reasonable). But since they will never revive that, I like the idea of the rotating crystal. You have the base 18 old champs that stay in there for as long as they are now, 3 months or however long it is. Then every month rotate the oldest 2 with the newest. So if you had Bishop, Sabretooth, Proxima, Corvus, CAIW, and IMIW as the new 6 featured, next month you swap out Bishop and Sabretooth with Domino and Masacre. Then a month after that, swap Proxima and Corvus with Wasp and Ghost. Personally I like this idea because as it is now you have to wait nearly 6 months for champs who just miss the cutoff (in this case Sym Supreme) and by then he’s already been in the basic for 2 months.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Namelez wrote: »

Sadly that isn't true. Brian Grant opened over 10 Blade crystals. Not a single Blade.

Sadly that just means BG was unlucky. It doesn't mean the previous featured wasn't flooding the game with featured champions for most players who saved enough shards.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    That would be a much better system so of course it'll never happen.
  • SuelSuel Posts: 279
    No.

Keep it the way it is.

How come? What about the current system do you like and how would a monthly refresh be a negative for you?

Yes, i love it.

It would be a negative cause in 10k i always get trash since the crazy amount of champs available

The featured restricts that with a handfull of great champs, and 1 month is too short of a time to get a considerable amount of shards to get some luck with those champs
    The featured restricts that with a handfull of great champs, and 1 month is too short of a time to get a considerable amount of shards to get some luck with those champs

You would still get 3 months though. The basic champions would stay the same for the entire 3 months, and only 2 of the featured champs would rotate out. Take Symbiote Strange and Venom Duck as an example - They would enter at the end of October and stay in the crystal until the end of January. The only champs who wouldn't get 3 months would be the featured champs who would be bumped out in October. To compensate for this Kabam could just keep the old featured crystal around for a while so no one misses out.
    The newest 5* featured refresh was announced as expected, so no change as of yet which is disappointing. I hope the dev's at least consider making this change as it wouldn't take a monumental effort to fix but it would greatly improve the game experience for those of us who don't mind paying an extra cost to take a chance on getting these new heroes.